040

The Most Beautiful Moment in Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The boys stared at the emptiness the house had been holding. They were baffled by it. They were expecting people to be in the house but there was no one at all.

"What now?" Yoongi asked quietly, bothered by the unsettling silence that hung over the boys. He glanced nervously at each of them before he saw a sligh movement. 

Taehyung was backing off, followed by another one, one by one, only leaving Jungkook to stand there alone. 

"What now?" Namjoon asked. 

"I... I don't know," Taehyung hung his head down. "It's like a dead end..."

"It's not," they twisted their head to Seok Min. "It's not a dead end unless someone makes it into another road!" 

"How?" Hoseok asked. "We have literally nothing. Nothing at all that can help us with anything!"

"We have to!" A cold voice interupted them. They turned around and found Jungkook standing still, in front of the empty house, staring at them. His eyes were red and puffy from the tears that had randomly slipped out of his eyes. "We have to... that's the only way we got to. Hae Bin's life is hanging on a thin line right this moment. And-and I-I- my heart is about to burst at any moment now."

"I got it," Taehyung said out of the blues. He had everyone's eyes on him now. "I- I don't know if this  is the right thing... but we can go to Min's house... and look for Hae Bin and Min's dad, Mr Jung. I don't know how it can help but-"

"Yes! Let's go now!" Jungkook interupted immediately, striding towards the cars at the sidewalk. 

"And what can we tell or ask him?" Hoseok asked. He looked at his cousin's frightened and weak face. "I know we have to do something but we can't risk Mr Jung to get... I don't know! You've seen Hae Bin's mom's reaction, and now you want the same reaction from her dad? They had already lost their precious daughter and they-" He cut himself abruptly. His head was lowered. 

"We have to, hyung," Jungkook's voice cracked. "They are someone who can help us. They've known their kids since when they were born. They-they should know!" 

Hoseok nodded his head but never looked up. "Let's go. Let's go and find Mr Jung." 

"He-hey boys! Wha-what are you doing here... at this hour?" Mr Jung's eyes widen when he found the seven boys with an officer in front of his doorsteps, their faces were written with exhaustion and worriness. 

Mr Jung had looked older than Taehyung had last remembered. His black hair had turned into ash grey. There were small wrinkles all over his eyes. 

"I'm so sorry, Mr Jung," Taehyung bowed to the older man. "But we need to ask you something urgent. Please bare with us and please try to... stay strong." Taehyung could not give a better word than that to the man. 

"What is it, Tae?" Mr Jung asked, settling down on a chair. 

"Do you remember your daughter?" Taehyung asked.

At that instant, Mr Jung's face turned slightly sad. "She passed away... don't you remember?"

"I'm not talking about Min. I'm talking about Hae Bin. Jung Hae Bin, your youngest daughter," Taehyung replied. 

Mr Jung's face was written with confusion. "H-how did you know I have another... daughter, Tae?" 

"Now it's not the time to answer that, Mr Jung," Taehyung apologized. "But... but she's being help as hostage and we have no idea where she is and we thought you might know."

"I have not seen her for years and I'm sure she hates me after all these years," Mr Jung sighed. 

"I know it's wrong to ask you about her when you barely know anything, Mr Jung," Taehyung replied. "But we're desperate in needing help now."

"Did you know Min had a stalker?" Jungkook asked out of a sudden, earning stares from everyone. Mr Jung lifted his head and glanced at the youngest boy.

"A... stalker?" 

"Yes, Mr Jung, a stalker," Jungkook replied. "And we..." He drifted off. He did not know what to say next. 

"We think that the stalker had kidnapped Hae Bin, sir, and we need to know everything you know about Min in order to know about the stalker because the stalker has been following her for years," Hoseok continued for Jungkook. 

"I'm such a bad parent... I don't even know anything about my daughter and she left the world before I even knew..." a tear slipped out of Mr Jung's eye. He lowered his head and quietly wiped his tear away. 

The rest kept quiet. Mr Jung was still sniffling.

"But, I do know a place... where Min used to hang out," Mr Jung started softly. His head was still down and his voice was too low. "Just as we moved to this neighborhood, Min was not used to here. So she would constant disappear. I didn't know where she was going until she told me herself," he continued and looked up. "The abandoned warehouse." He turned to Taehyung. "Do you remember it? The one down the neighborhood?" 

To that Taehyung nodded immediately and stood up. "Thank you Mr Jung. We will find Hae Bin quickly," he quickly left, along with the rest of the boys. 

Jungkook was the only one remaining in the living room. He stood up after moments and took a step before he felt a grab on his wrist. He turned around to find Mr Jung. 

"Please promise me you'll find my daughter and her saf

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter