039

The Most Beautiful Moment in Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was harsh. For days, the frail teenager had traveled by feet, hungry and tired. She wanted to faint but she resisted herself and continued to pull herself up, continuing her journey until she met the boy again. Jung Seok, she remembered his name even after ten years. That name was the only thing that kept her going and going.
Three other teens followed her footsteps as well. Her twin, Nara and another pair of twins, Seunghyun and Seungcheol. Everyone had the same plan: to escape the orphanage, also known as hell for them- except for Yura. She only had one goal, to find the boy again. Her heart had still been beating strong after years for the boy who she barely knew. She just wanted to meet him real badly. 
Fate, in the end, brought them together as Yura had wished- but it was weeks after they had escaped the orphanage. 
She had a small home, that she shared with Nara and Seungcheol after weeks of hardship. Seunghyun had went away, to the opposite direction from them.
It all happened one day, when she was walking back home from her small job, where she saw a grown up version of her dream boy, Jung Seok, holding hands with another girl that looked the same age as Yura. Yura watched them as they passed by her. The girl was so much more beautiful than Yura, according to Yura. She was not too skinny- healthy! It was what people would describe others, unlike Yura who had lost so much weight that she looked as if she was a walking skeleton. Her heart dropped and she felt faint. She tried to prevent her tears from flowing out and gathered enough energy to walk back home.
As soon as she was back home, she locked herself in her room and started to cry. The tears fell from her face nonstop. She was lucky that Nara and Seungcheol were busy with working and studying so that they would not be able to see the weak girl, crying all by herself. She felt as if she was defeated even when she did not try at all, and that was what she had hated herself for. 

-

It has been days, since Yura had followed Jung Seok. She followed him so often that she had no time to work, eat or sleep. She knew his home address and where he likes to hang out at. She would steal a bottle of alcohol almost everyday, drinking the entire bitter liquid within a night. You can start to call her an alcoholic but she would tell you that she wasn't one. 
She would always be walking down the neighborhood, with a hand on the glass alcohol bottle, and another hand holding a plastic bag filled with empty alcohol bottles. One day, on her way with the bottles in her hands, she stopped dead. She glanced at the other side of the road and blinked again, multiple times as she observed the scene. She could not believe what she was looking at. 
In front of her was Jung Seok, next to his car, being busy with moving his belongings into the small vehicle. Beside the car were more people. Yura could recognised two of the many people as Jung Seok's parents. They were still as stunning as the last time she had met them. She glanced around and realised that Jung Seok's girlfriend was nowhere to be seen. 
She stood there and continued watching. A smile approached her face when she realised she actually had an opportunity... an opportunity to be with her dream man, Jung Jung Seok. She took a step forward and paused. She then thought that it was wrong to be doing this. She retreated, taking a foot back. Soon, her mind was starting to battle against one another... Should she? Or should she not?
Temptation soon overcame her and before she had realised, she was striding straight to Jung Seok's car, sneaking into the back seat of the car and was settling behind the driver's car. It was uncomfortable, her heart was beating too fast, but she knew it was her only chance to be together with Jung Seok. 
She closed her eyes, taking a few deep breath in the silence... and stayed there, until she heard the driver's door clicked open.
"Goodbye mom, goodbye dad," she heard Jung Seok's voice and then mumbles of replies before the boy stepped into the car, closing the door behind him. The car was stationary. Yura waited for a few minute before the car started to move. 
The drive went on nonstop for fifteen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter