027

The Most Beautiful Moment in Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hae Bin. I'm ready to tell you," the woman in front of her whispered. She looked away, avoiding the eye contact of the girl who was sitting on the bed.

"Tell me what?" The girl replied, confused. 

The woman glanced up. A sad expression written on her face. "Don't get too tense up. I'll tell you everything you want to know now," the woman continued. 

"Guys! Welcome back!" Hoseok screamed, grinning from ear to ear as five of the boys entered into the house. The house... it had been quiet that night since the five of them were in the hospital, leaving Jungkook and him in the house only. 

They waved and smiled brightly when they see a happy and energetic Hoseok greeting them. 

Hoseok was about to turn back to his room when someone bumped into him. He wobbled but did not fall. Annoyed, he glanced at the boy who bumped into him. 

"Jeon Jungkook, where are you going?" Jin asked, looking up as the boy in a black hoodie continued to walk. 

"Somewhere..." he replied before exiting the house, away from everyone's view. 

"What's with him, hyung?" Jimin creased his eyebrows, looking at Hoseok. "Did anything happened yesterday?"

"No... I don't know what's wrong with him," Hoseok drifted off, still staring at the door which his cousin had left from. 

The truth was, they hadn't even talk to one another ever since Jungkook came into the house minutes after Hoseok had. 

"Well, it's okay now... I think. Am I right?" Jin asked, tilting his head. 

"Yeah... I think so," Hoseok replied, smiling weakly.

She sat in the room, unable to fully comprehend everything her mother had explained to her. 

Not true. Moving to Paris. Moving to Daejoon. Sister. Grandparents. Missing. 

"Why are you telling me all of these, mom?" She asked herself in a small whisper. 

Her mom sat in her room, keeping a distance between her daughter. She was ashamed to look at her daughter as she started her story. It was early in the morning, when Hae Bin had just woke up. But Ms Lee thought that it was best if she told everything to Hae Bin at this instant.
"Let's start from your father and your sister, shall we, Hae Bin?" She asked but continued even before allowing her daughter to answer her. "Remembered I told you that they were in Paris?" Hae Bin nodded slightly. "They lied. I found out but I too, lied to you." 
Hae Bin's eyes widen. "W-why?" Hae Bin whispered.
"It was to protect you, but I think it was a foolish thing to do," she whispered. "I did not want to lose you, to let you go to your father if you ever know that he was closeby. He had started to call me, trying to ask me to allow you to visit him but I would give the excuse that you hated him..." She stopped, catching her breath. "My actions were foolish and childish and over some time I started to think if I should allow you, and tell you the truth. But I immediately told myself no, after what happened to your sister-"
"What happened to her?" Hae Bin asked immediately. "I haven't heard about Yoo Bin unnie for a long time..."
"She died," Ms Lee replied. "Five years ago. This then happened to me. It hit me too hard. I lost my first child without even seeing her grow up and I was hoping that I could keep my youngest daughter safe in my arms but it changed when her death affected me. It... It was her death anniversary a few weeks ago and I would normally recover from it quickly but this time, I saw something particular. It was never on her grave for five years but it was on a few weeks ago. It was a note, along with a white rose." She produced a piece of white paper from her pocket and handed it to Hae Bin. "This note... had been in my mind for the past few days and I could not get it out my head since then."
"I'm... it's too much to handle now... why are you telling me these now?" Hae Bin asked, tears welling up in her eyes. She was torn that her mother had kept all of these from her ever since five years ago.
"Your grandparent

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter