017 — Date #2 Ice Skating

The Most Beautiful Moment in Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Where are we even going?" Hae Bin grumbled as she dragged herself to catch up to Jimin's striding steps. She started to pant, slapping herself against Jimin's back a little too dramatic, causing him to halt. 

"What are you doing, Jung Hae Bin?" He asked, chuckling. He tried to glance at Hae Bin, taking tiny peeks as she was too small to be seen. "We're almost there," he notified Hae Bin, nudging her off his back. He then proceeded by grabbing her arm gently to tug her along. "Now let's stop the grumbing and talking and get back to walking."

Hae Bin groaned in reply, causing Jimin to chuckle once again.

"Yah! You should've told me that we were going here! I didn't even bring the right attire!" Hae Bin knocked Jimin's head. 

Jimin pouted as he watched Hae Bin wrapping her arms around her body from the cold. "If I told you, it wouldn't be a surprise anymore!" His head lowered as if he looked sorry. 

"Well... it's not that bad to go unprepare for a date," Hae Bin tried to cheer him up before shuffling towards the entrance. "Come on! Let's go now." 

"I take back what I said... it is that bad to go unprepare!" Hae Bin's teeth chattered and her arms went around herself immediately. She was standing in the middle of the ice skating rink and Jimin was wobbling himself up to her. 

There were not a lot of people today since it was a weekday but there was a handful of people who were either kids or adults coming for classes or just a few couples laughing at their significant other when they fell down. 

"Is... is it that bad?" Jimin asked her, catching up from behind. 

"Actually yes, but I can handle the coldness," Hae Bin assured Jimin and enveloped his gloved hand into hers. "Shall we quit the chat and start skating?" She gently pulled him along and they started to skate around. 

They were laughing, all of a sudden. It seem as if all of her so-called worries had disappeared in an instant, and all she could see or feel was only Jimin and her. It was unknowingly a very special moment for her. She started to smile but that quickly ended. She looked around and Jimin was no longer in sight. She felt a tug on her arm and she immediately crashed down onto the freezing ice block. 

"Jimin!" She gasped, glancing on her right to find Jimin groaning. She looked shocked for a moment. Then she started to laugh. "Are... are you okay?" She asked the boy and reached out to pat his head gently. "I think you slipped a bit too hard onto the ground." Hae Bin giggled.

She did not bother the fact that the ice-turned-water was sipping into her clothings, causing it to be wet. She was just laughing, and laughing. It was the first time she ever had a proper laugh ever since five years ago. It was weird, how someone who she had only met for a few days or weeks could make her feel so comfortable that she would be able to laugh freely. 

They quietly toned down, they were still on the watery icy ground as they looked around the surroundings, trying to avoid eye contact.

Hae Bin closed her eyes for a quick moment and turned to look at Jimin. "Thanks," she whispered, smiling at the boy who looked surprised at her sudden speech.

"For... what?" He asked, raising his eyebrow. 

"For everything," She replied, beaming a smile even though she did not really knew her reasons and did not need to. "Well, thanks." 

He let out a silly grin and quickly stood up from the ice, wobbling on his two feet, since there was no friction between the skating shoes and the ice and his body was leaning unevenly at every angle. He tried to reach an unstead hand outwards to help her up but ended up falling onto the ice again.

Hae Bin chuckled and quickly pulled herself up before attending to the unbalanced Jimin. 

"Come on, let me help you," she smiled, reaching a hand out to Jimin. He looked rather sheepish at his clumsy actions but Hae Bin did not mind as it looked cute to see Jimin like that. Jimin quickly took Hae Bin's hand and stood up with her help. 

"So... do you want to get out now?" He asked after steading himself on the ice a few minutes later. 

"I'm going to freeze to death," Hae Bin replied, skating a little forth and back. Jimin raised his eyebrow in confusion before Hae Bin stretched her arms away from herself, staring at the dark stains everywhere on her clothes. She was dreached in the cold, melted liquid of the ice. 

"Of course we'll get clothes," Jimin chuckled, patting Hae Bin on the head and held her wrist. "Let's get going now, shall we?" He asked before she nodded. Jimin gave Hae Bin one last smile before they skate away towards the mouth of the skating rink, exiting the small cold kingdom. 

Jin was doing nothing in particular. He was just sitting on the bean bag that he had brought from their previous house, staring out of the enormous window that showed a beautiful view of the amazing city of Seoul. The sun was high up in the skies, ready to descent at any moment now. He just stayed there... without doing anything at all.

"Jin hyung?" Someone approached him from behind. 

"Yes?" He whispered, not batting an eye at the person. 

"Have you seen Jimin?" The boy asked.

"I think that he's out with Hae Bin for the entire day," he replied, tilting his head at the bright and orange sun.

"You... you went out with her yesterday right?" The person asked again. Jin simply nodded his head. "Did... did she mention or ask you anything about Jungkook... or Hoseok hyung?" 

This broke Jin's attention from the scenery and onto the boy. "Why do you ask?" Jin quietly turn to face the boy who started to look nervous all of a sudden. "And why would you want to know?" 

"I- I was just curious," the boy tried to smile, to assure the older boy. "I just wonder if there would be an actual reason why we moved here... after staying in Daejeon for almost 10 years... five years after... after the two tragedic accidents... that I... I could've stopped... but I didn't." A tear slipped from the boy's eye. 

"It's not your fault," Jin started. He always felt weak whenever his dongsaeng looked helpless and miserable. It broke his heart. He immediately stood up from his seat and went over to the younger boy, embracing the tearful one into his arms. "It... it's not your fault, okay?" He whispered again at the younger boy. "It's not..." 

As soon as they entered the clothing store, they immediately turned it into a fashion runway. Hae Bin immediately rushed over the male's section and grabbed every single thing she could see before dumping them into Jimin's arms. Jimin was totally taken back when the weight of the clothes dropped onto his arms as he did not expect the clothes to be very heavy. 

"Come on, try it on, Park Jimin," Hae Bin giggled, loving how Jimin looked perplexed at the sudden 'request' from the petite girl. 

It was really amazing, how the sales manager did not even bother the two maniacs who were the only ones in the store when they were goofing around. It was as if the entire world just gave up their light on them, which was a gigantic mistake for the world. 

Hae Bin quickly pushed Jimin into one of the changing rooms and waited for a couple of minutes. The changing room was filled with groans and a little fabric tearing before Jimin emerged from the doors. 

Hae Bin glanced at the boy who just came out and her eyes widen immediately. Just as soon, she started to burst out laughing that it hurt so much that she ended up on the floor.

"W...what... a-are... y-you... even... wea...wearing?" Hae Bin tried to breathed through but laughter immediately attacked her. 

"Yah! Don't laugh, Jung Hae Bin!" Jimin pouted, crossing his arms across his chest. "You chose these clothes for me!" 

"But... but I did not tell you... to... to make such a combi out of the.... the clothes I had rummaged through for... for you," she tried to stop laughing, propping herself up and stared at Jimin again, falling down onto the concrete floor once again, laughing.

Jimin pouted and turned around so he was facing the mirror. "But... but isn't this a good combi for clothes?" He muttered, staring at his grey fedora hat, his checkered blue shirt with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter