032

The Most Beautiful Moment in Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Jungkook!" Hae Bin rushed into the room, nearly tripping over her feet as she ran past everyone to reach the only person on the bed: Jungkook. 

She hit her leg onto the bed frame that shook Jungkook's bed. It hurts a lot but she did not bother the pain. Her eyes were only on the boy's ones who was resting on the bed. 

"Ms...." She was too busy to notice that a doctor was trying to call her until a hand was placed on Hae Bin's shoulder, pulling her away from Jungkook.

"Hae Bin," she found Hoseok, now in front of her. Behind Hoseok were doctors, staring at her. 

"Ms, I'm so sorry but he had just woke up an hour ago and after I have tried to get the police officers out of the room a few minutes ago, I do not want to use strength to get you out of the room as well," one of the doctors stepped out, looking at Hae Bin with a calm face.

"Oh... I'm... I'm sorry," Hae Bin muttered, unsure of what she was going to do at this moment. She felt weak, just after looking at Jungkook for a second before being pulled away. If only, if only she had seen him, she could've prevented him from getting into the car accident. She thought of herself as a fool, who could not protect all the ones closest to her. 

Hoseok had to use a little strength to pull Hae Bin out of the room. It took a little time since Hae Bin's eyes were still on the resting but awake boy and her legs were still stuck onto the ground. Hoseok opened the door in front of him and quietly pulled Hae Bin out. 

"Hae....Bin," she could barely hear Jungkook calling her name as the door closed behind her. 

"You lied," Hae Bin looked up annoyed at the man standing in front of her. 

"I did not," he replied patiently. 

"You forced your police colleagues into Jungkook's room when the doctor strongly said no," she answered.

"Well..." Seok Min's eyes diverged from Hae Bin and went down to the ground as he scratched his neck. "I just wanted to see if he remembers anything because I'm anxious."

"Anxious of what?" Hae Bin asked. Her arms were crossed over her chest. 

"Anxious to... cracking this case as soon as possible," Seok Min confessed, slipping the notepad that he had been holding ever since he came into the hospital back into his pocket.

Hae Bin's face toned down a little. She released her strength on her arms as they fell to the side of her body. She gave Seok Min a small smile. "I... I understand, Detective Lee but... these kind of things, you just need to let the victim or the witness to rest for a while before interrogating them," she said. "I really want to help you crack this case as well."

"Thank you, Hae Bin," Seok Min gave a tight smile and stretched his arms as high as he could reach. "I think that's all for today then. I'll go back home and rest up," he nodded at her.

"And I'll come straight to you if I found anymore new evidence," Hae Bin smiled.

"You know where to find me, right?" Seok Min asked. Hae Bin nodded in reply before Seok Min walked out, disappearing from her view. 

She stood there, just staring at the empty space for a moment. She was just stilled. She did not know what was going to happen next. 

"Hae Bin?" Someone walked up to her and touched her shoulder. "What are you doing here?"

"Oh," she turned around. "Hobie... oppa, you're back." 

"How did your talk with the detective go?" He asked, giving Hae Bin a cup of the coffee that he had purchased from the vending machine. 

"It was rather... smooth," Hae Bin replied. 

They stood in silence without breaking their eye contact. 

"Come on. Let's sit down shall we?" Hoseok broke their eye contact first, pushing Hae Bin gently onto the chairs that were arranged neatly against the walls. 

"When can we see him?" Hae Bin asked. 

"I'm not sure. We have to wait for the doctor to come out first. He has been in the room ever since he got us out," Hoseok replied- just as the door slid open. 

The two of them turned around and found

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter