034

The Most Beautiful Moment in Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She could not stop thinking about him. Her mind was so full of him that she could not see her surroundings, tripping over a step and nearly falling off if it was not for Nara to catch her.

"Woah! What's going on in your mind?" She asked, chuckling before Hae Bin got back up on her two feet.

"No-nothing," Hae Bin replied softly, tucking her stray hair behind her ear. She was lying when she answered Nara, but she just wanted to ignore the memories that had kept coming back into her mind. "It's nothing at all," she drifted off and paused.

"Jung Hae Bin. Thank you for making me into the person I am now. I love you," she remembered his exact words before he kissed her for the second time. She was surprised, but yet, she never moved back. Instead, she stayed there frozen, before Jungkook pulled back. 
Jungkook had a big smile when he pulled back but it was immediately replaced with a concerned face.
"Hae Bin? Ar-are you okay?" He asked immediately, holding her shoulders. Hae Bin was still shocked and surprised from Jungkook's actions but she was unable to say anything at all. "Ar-"
"I'm fine," Hae Bin cut in. "It's just," she blinked, turning to look at him. "It feels wrong."
"Why?" Jungkook asked slowly. 
"I- I don't know," she confessed, looking away. "There's so many things in my mind right now. From your hit and run accident to my sister's planned or accidental death and to my ex-boyfriend's death as well. Everything is so messed up but yet they seem to be connected to one another. I'm so... lost," she whispered. 
"Hae... Bin," Jungkook immediately hugged her, rocking her gently. "It's okay. It's not your fault, dear. You can fix those problems with the rest of us. I'll wait. I'll wait until the time's right for you. I'll wait until you're willing to say yes. Remember, I'm here for you. Always and will be, because you're the one I care about, darling." 
"Jungkook," she whispered. "Thank... you so much." She immediately wrapped her arms around the boy. 
"I love you too, Hae Bin," he replied. 

Hae Bin paused, looking at her side to find her friend no longer there with her anymore. "Na-" She turned around, about to call her friend before her friend shouted out her name. 

"Jung Hae Bin! Where are you going?" Nara waved her hands before placing them on her waist, shaking her head as Hae Bin retraced back her steps to reach her friend's side. "The store is here," Nara pointed at the enormous banner hung on the store. 

"Sorry," Hae Bin muttered. "My mind was on something else." 

"That's so you, Jung Hae Bin," Nara giggled and pushed the door into the store, followed by Hae Bin. 

They took a seat by the window, eating their individual bingsu. Hae Bin had the strawberry bingsu while Nara got the mango flavored one. They sat at the quiet cafe, half , half munching the sweet cold dessert. It was the best feeling in the world. Eating such a cooling dessert right after a stressful day at college. Everything seem to dropped from Hae Bin's shoulders. 

"Thanks, Nara," Hae Bin smiled as she glanced at the cold shaved ice on the spoon. It was condensing the spoon as small frost were formed from under the spoon. "This is really nice. I never had a 'date' out with you before for a long time." She sighed and took another bite from her spoon. 

"Yeah," Nara nodded. "It is very nice. I forgot how much I had missed hanging out with you." 

"Nara, you should really ditch your boyfriend to hang out with me often, you know?" Hae Bin raised her eyebrow, earning a laugh from the latter. 

"I didn't ditch him! He had some important things to do so I was like why not I hang out with my lonely best friend," she replied. 

"So am I your backup plan or did you pity me?" Hae Bin asked.

Nara kept quiet, pressing her lips on the cold spoon. "None," she replied. "I just want to spend some time with you, girl."

"Awww, thank you," Hae Bin replied and they quickly finished their shaved ice and did a little of their homework before they part ways, back to their own homes. 

Hae Bin was dead tired as soon as she reached home. She had little to no sleep at all last night and she had spent the entire night completing her homework, so she would really want to sleep at this instant. She opened her apartment's door, ready to dump her bags on the ground and rushed to the bed to take a good sleep- but apparently, that could not happen at all. 

"Omo!" She shrieked before hitting someone, resulting her to fall onto the ground. 

"Jung Hae Bin!" The person shouted in surprised. "Watch where you're going next time!"

"Yah! Why are you even in my house?" She asked the intruder, scrambling up back onto her two feet. 

"I had a key and your mom thought that it was a good idea for us to accompany you a few times since she was going to be out for today," he replied. 

"But... but... I don't need your accompany," she answered, chuckling tiredly. 

"W-what?!" He placed his hand on top of his heart, looking bewildered. "Wh-who just who? Would reject this amazing Kim Taehyung's company?" 

"Me," Hae Bin sighed, dragging her feet into her room. Taehyung followed behind her like a little puppy. "I'm very tired

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter