020 — Date #5 Arcade

The Most Beautiful Moment in Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ting! 

Ting! 

Ting! 

Hae Bin grumbled and pressed her palms to her ears, trying to block the sound that was waking her up from her sleep. 

Ting! 

Ting! 

Her phone continued to sound nonstop. 

She froze there for a few seconds before rolling towards her phone. She groaned. And pushed the button on the phone. The screen was illuminating against her face so she had to squint against the intensity of the light. 

She was about to read the message when an incoming call called her. She tiredly slide the phone and slapped it onto her ear.

"Hello? Aren't you suppose to be awake already?" The person at the other end quickly asked, giving Hae Bin not enough time to reply. "Aren't you suppose to be in school now?"

Hae Bin's eyes widen as she heard the word 'school'. 

"School???" She sat up straight, scratching her head quickly. "What-what-" 

"Yes school," the person replied. "And I'm coming in now." 

Hae Bin had no time to register. As soon as the person had finished his words, someone opened the door.

"Y-yah!" Hae Bin immediately ducked under her blankets and whined. "Wh-wh- how did you get in here?" 

"Your mom," he replied, chuckling as he ended the call.

"What are you even doing here?" She asked.

He paused, looking at Hae Bin amused. He quietly ran his fingers through his blonde hair. "You're late," he started.

"Yeah... I know that," she replied, peeking at him from her blanket.

"And that means you're free for the day," he continued.

"And that means my mom is going to kill me and I can still get to school and attend the third period- at least..." she finished. 

This left him speechless. His mouth was hanging open. "Y-Yah, that's not what I was planning for it to go," he absent-minded continued. 

Hae Bin giggled. "It's okay, Taehyung-ah." 

"How is it okay?" He pouted, crossing his arms against his chest. "I was planning to ask you on a date because... because I-I got jealous when the rest had asked you out already!" 

"You- you came all the way here to just ask me on a date?" Hae Bin raised her eyebrow.

"I even switched off your alarm for school and begged your mom to let you off for a day because I told her that you were 'tired'," he continued. 

"You- you what?!" This time it caught Hae Bin by surprised.

"Yeah," he confessed, scratching the back of his neck.

It was late. Everyone was asleep. The entire house was silent- except for him, that was sitting quietly on the sofa. The light from the television screen was illuminating against his face. 
He rubbed his eyes and yawned. He was tired. But he could not sleep- until she came back. 
His eyelids slowly became heavy and they were about to close completely.
Crank! The door groaned open. Taehyung's eyes widen immediately as he turned towards the door. 
"Nam-Namjoon, let-let's get into you-your room now," he heard and shuffled towards the door to find Hae Bin struggling to carry the sleepy Namjoon who looked as if he was about to fall at any moment available. 
He stood there quietly, watching the petite girl carrying the boy who was a head taller than her. He waited until her attention was on him.
"Oh god!" She jumped from the silent encounter. She was still supporting Namjoon so she hit her shoulder onto Namjoon's chin, earning a groan from Namjoon. "W-why aren't you asleep?" She asked Taehyung. 
Taehyung's eyes searched around, unable to meet Hae Bin's. 
"Well, nevermind! Just help me hold my bag for a moment!" Hae Bin tossed Taehyung her bag and continued to drag Namjoon across the room.
"Do- do you need my help?" Taehyung finally said something. But it earned him a shake of a head from Hae Bin.
"It's okay, I got it!" He heard Hae Bin and glanced at her bag. He grinned and started to fish around to find her phone and-

"You know, spending the day with you is going to be more tiring than being in school right?" Hae Bin chuckled and shook her head.

He pouted. "Then should I tell your mom that you dare to reject the Kim Taehyung?" His eyes widen. He buffled his chest up with his fists resting by his waist. 

Hae Bin giggled and nodded her head quickly. "Okay okay, fine. Go outside for a while and wait for me. I'll be done in a few minutes," she quietly shooed Taehyung away.

He grinned and nodded his head before closing the door shut behind him. 

"So... where are we going?" Hae Bin asked, tilting her head as they walked down the block. She was wearing a simple outfit that fitted well with Taehyung's; a light blue off-the-shoulder romper that matched with Taehyung's light blue hooded sweatshirt.

"I'm not going to tell you!" He sang and skipped down the block, turning to his right.

"Yah! Can't you slow down and wait for this short legged creature?" Hae Bin pouted and jogged after the long legged boy. 

"Okay okay, sorry," he chuckled, stopping to wait for Hae Bin to catch up. 

"Where are we actually going?" She asked, raising her eyebrow. Taehyung said nothing but continued to walked. 

She pouted and lowered her head, walking behind the tall boy. 

She hit her head onto Taehyung's back just as he stopped. 

"Owh!" She pouted, rubbing her head to calm the pain down. "Why didn't you tell me you were stopping?" 

"You weren't watching where you're going," Taehyung sighed and rolled his eyes. 

"Well, why did you stop then?" She asked.

"Because we have arrived," he replied.

"And... where are... we?" She asked, glancing around the unfamiliar area that Taehyung had brought her. 

He stood in front of a shop and spread his arms wide, spinning in circles before stopping to look at Hae Bin. "Welcome, to my favourite childhood memory: The arcade!" He smiled, grinning from ear-to-ear. 

"The... arcade?" Hae Bin raised her eyebrow. "I thought you were more of an online gamer or something like that..."

"I am but doesn't this place bring back so... so many memories?" He asked, still smiling. 

"Of course," Hae Bin smiled as well and walked into the small arcade where it was empty. 

It definitely brought her back into the past, where she would hang out with her friends at a specific arcade which had longed closed down. 

She glanced around and touched every old machines that had produced grainy screens. The arcade was filled with old and new machines, all mixed together.

"So, what do you want to play first?" Taehyung asked, approaching Hae Bin who was in her own tiny world now. 

"Huh?" She turned around and looked at the boy. She scanned around and laid her eyes on the basketball machine that laid at the corner of the entire place. She lifted a finger and pointed at it. "Do you think you can compete with me in that?"

Taehyung looked a little taken back at what she had asked. 

"Well, I'll take that as a yes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter