An Unexpected Call

My Best Friend, A Silent Gangster, or A 'Sweet' Singer?

 

 

You slip out of the bathtub neatly without dripping water on the floor and wrapped a towel around yourself. The clean white towel was just lying there, on the counter, along with some toiletries. You looked in the mirror and started to brush your teeth when you hear a vibrating sound. Pausing, you hold up your phone. Unknown number, it said. Shrugging, you answer. “Domseyo?”

“_______________________ BABYYYYYYY!” a pretty, charismatic voice boomed out of your phone. You yanked it away from your ear, laughing slightly.

“Who is this?” you tried not to crack up.

“AIGOOO~ You forgot my name? And my voice? You terrible person!” You could practically hear the charm and aegyo oozing out of the phone. You grinned. It was attractive, unlike some hot-and-cold people you could mention.

“Ah, chincha mianhae! I’ve a lot on my mind lately! Please tell me!”

“It’s your favorite oppa! Sungyeollie~!” his pout was visible to you.

“Ah, oppa! Very good, how did you get my number?” you chuckled.

“OMO I recall you gave it to me, dongsaeng.”

“Lies! What are you doing, calling me so late?”

There was a pause. “Well, I was taking a walk, to get some fresh air, when all of a sudden I see this beautiful girl through the window…” his voice was like molasses tumbling down the words, caressing them gently. “And I saw her upset, so I had to call in.”

You ran to look out the window. Sure enough, Sungyeol waved at you, grinning. “OPPA! WHAT DID YOU SEE?”

There was a chuckle and a light bounce. The phone in your ear rang out. “Enough.”

“OPPAAAAAA!”

“Yah, stop yelling! Come down and come play with me~”

You thought about it for a second. Myungsoo was in the apartment, but he probably really didn’t want you there. He needed some time to think, and some time to himself. You weren’t giving him that, and it was probably destroying everything anyway. You decided to go with Sungyeol. “Okay, oppa. I’ll be down in a second.” You hung up, and reached for your jacket hanging on the metal hook. You cleaned up and took one last glance at everything.

Running out to the living room while yanking on your jacket, you noticed Myungsoo on the couch. You reached over to pull a blanket on top of him and caressed his face lightly. “I love you, you know…” you whispered. “But I can tell you don’t. Don’t lie to me anymore. Tell me straight up. That you used me, that you hate me, that you want me to leave. I won’t care. Just tell me the truth… because I’ll leave you alone, okay?” you pecked his cheek. “Good bye, Myungsoo.”

You made sure to lock all the doors and close the windows. Touching Myungsoo’s face one more time, you left the apartment, feeling like you shed a part of yourself.

Outside, Sungyeol jumped around and hugged you when you came out. His cheeks were red. “Aigoo,  mian, ___________! I couldn’t help but act so cute. I’m the cool, suave guy now.”

You giggled and hugged him back lightly, but couldn’t help and pretend his warm arms were Myungsoo’s.

“I was staying at Myungsoo’s apartment for the night,” you explained to him. “We had some… business.”

His eyes opened wide. “OMO! I’m going to go kill him!” he marched toward the door and yanked it open before you could stop him.

“ANI! Not that business! Uh, school business!”

“Oh….” He smiled sheepishly at you. “Oppa instincts, you know?”

Smiling, you hooked arms with him. “KAJA OPPA"

He stuck his fist in the air. “KAJA!”