The Beach

My Best Friend, A Silent Gangster, or A 'Sweet' Singer?

I'm soo sorry I haven't updated in forever and I know you hate me, I hate me, I hate me a lot, but I've had a lot of problems with me, so I can't hate me that much... MIAN!  I promise updates will come a lot sooner. 

 

"________________. ______________________. Are you okay?" You felt a gentle hand on your shoulder. You felt a tear slip down your eye. You rubbed your eye roughly and turned around, and attempted a happy smile. 

"Deh, oppa, I was just thinking about when I was little, Mianhae. But I'm so hungry! When are we going to get there?"

Myungsoo wasn't sure if you were okay, but he knew he had to let you deal with your own problems. When he wasn't here anymore, you had to take care of yourself. And he knew he had to help you do it. 

"You're a very hungry person, aren't you? Yes, I'll buy you as much bimbap as you want." Myungsoo answered as the train came to a stop. 

"This is the stop at the East Sea! Everyone on this stop off!" the voice through the speakers blared. 

You grabbed your duffel bag and yanked. It wouldn't come off the floor, it was too heavy. Myungsoo was almost about the leave the train, and he saw you. He knew he had to let you take care of yourself, but naturally, he took the heavy bag from you and hoisted it on his shoulder like it was nothing. Then he took your hand and used his own body to block you fromt he crowds outside, getting off, finding another seat, getting something to eat, or using the bathroom. You felt warm and safe in his arms. He was strong, brave, and protective. 

After you two had pushed through about a mile of people, you finally arrived outside. A fresh wind hit you in the face, smelling like salt and water. Somewhere near the blue, blue water, a seagull cried. The sand seemed to never end. The place was amazingly gorgeous, and there was no one in this area, so you and Myungsoo were alone. 

You breathed in the sharp, delicious smell of seawater. Then you leapt out of Myungsoo's arms, and sprinted toward the ocean wildly, flip-flops on the sand three feet from concrete in a jumble, hat flying off to who knows where, and hair wilding careening in every direction. Myungsoo was shocked. She really loves the beach. 

A second passed by while Myungsoo admired you. He knew you had to have gone through a huge trial through your life, and you could be so happy and cheerful to others, not like him, an ignorant, stupid person who didn't know how to do anything but be in  a gang, a family who he couldn't even protect or make happy with his words. 

The salt smells so good! you thought as you let the waves wash over your feet. You forgot how much you missed this feeling. Then you remembered Myungsoo was with you. You spun around in the sand. "Myungsoo Oppa!" you shouted. "Come! It feels so good!" 

Myungsoo grinned as you waved your arms frantically, as if you would drown if you couldn't share this feeling with anyone. He rushed over as a wave threatened to knock you over and swept you in his arms, along with the heavy duffel. you hugged him, and then said with a pout, "Oppa, you promiswed me bimbap!" you jumped out of his arms again and grabbed the duffel off his arm, which almost made you flip over, and dragged it to a safe, dry spot in the sand before taking out sunscreen, applying it on yourself, and dabbing Myungsoo's arms, face, and neck. 

Myungsoo almost laughed as you earnestly zipped the duffel and left it on the sand. "Oppa, I have money. You can treat me next time. Sit here next to the duffel! I'll be right back!" You jogged off and Myungsoo was left with his thoughts, and guiltiness of running away from those he loved. Again