Tensions Arise

My Best Friend, A Silent Gangster, or A 'Sweet' Singer?

Your POV

 When Sungjong’s sorry, he’s really sorry. Like, he hugged me until I couldn’t breathe man. And not just because he was squeezing me so tightly. I was suddenly hyper-sensitive about everything, felt the bones on his back, breathed in that Sungjong smell, and felt… safe. I held my breath. That’s what he made me do. Hold my breath. But… that’s all he did, I realized.  Myungsoo made me forget to breath, forget that the world existed beyond me and him. He made me feel like we were one, always alone but always together. He was a total different feel than Sungjong, and I’m happy that I found that out. I gently pushed Sungjong away.

“Sungjong, stop trying to strangle me,” I scolded lightly. Myungsoo’s eyes met mine and something strange passed between us. Like an electric shock. I felt it and looked down to the floor, blushing. I could tell he felt it too, since his neck and ears were reddish and he couldn’t meet my eye again. Sungjong didn’t seem to notice anything between us, and began to chirp about food.

“____________ I’m hungry! Let’s go out to eat! I know the greatest ahjumma at the ddubokki stand- she’ll give us food for a discount! And sunbae-nim, you’re invited too!”

I could see Myungsoo’s eyes begging me not to go, to stay and take care of him, and let him take care of me. Before, I would have been confused, and wouldn’t have known what to do. But now I’m stronger and I know what and how to choose. “Mian, Sungjongie. I’m busy with… homework! That’s right, Myungsoo said he was going to help me with homework! And I was sick today, so…” I chuckled nervously. I sounded awkward to myself…

I could feel Myungsoo’s eyes burning a hole in my back. He knew what I chose and he was happy, apparently. To the point of attacking me. But, I finally feel free.

 

Sungjong POV

They thought I didn’t notice anything going on between them. They thought I was one of those innocent cute idiots that wouldn’t understand true love. They thought… what they thought was wrong. I saw everything. The way he looked at her, the way she looked at him. They were a couple made in heaven. That was why she rejected my offer for ddubokki and why I felt an electric charge between them just now. But why now? After I finally realized that the girl I was dating was not right for me? When I finally realized that someone very close and dear to me was the one that I love?  I can’t just go down without a fight. Even if Myungsoo sunbae is my sunbae, I can’t let him go with her.

I forced a chirpy smile on my face and tried to appear radiantly smiling. “Araso! I’ll stay with you guys! I’m hurt too!” I put a pout on my face, attempting to appear sweet and innocent.

“Ah, chincha!” ________ exclaims, her eyes wide. That’s the naïve one. “Aish, I better fix you up. That bruise looks pretty nasty, Sungjongie! Oh and you too! Myungsoo Oppa, I’ll get you some ice!” she goes to the kitchen. Ah, she’s so pretty. I feel myself gazing after her. I’ll just wait a little longer before I make my move. She won’t be able to resist me. I turn my gaze to Myungsoo, whose also looking after her with this disgusting lovesick face. Just hold your breath for now, sunbae-nim. May the strongest will win!

She comes back with frozen peas of all things. I hate those green things with all of my heart. But with ______ holding them- well, who could resist? I take the pack, thanking her, without noticing my mistake. She reaches over to ice Myungsoo’s face instead of mine. Oh my gosh Sungjong! I snap to myself. You’re blurring the lines between friend and lover!  

I pretend to wince as I ice my face. Which isn’t hard. It really stings. __________ doesn’t even notice. Those two… they’re staring at each other with that one expression on their faces! Aish, I can’t even say it, it’s so sweet I want to puke!

 

Myungsoo POV

________ is so perfect! She’s beautiful even with messy hair and torn uniform! And when she noticed the bruise on my face when Sungjong punched me- doesn’t it prove we’re meant to be? She came back with frozen peas and started to ice my face. Her eyes are so big and pretty, her skin is perfectly flawless, and her lips- they’re a rosebud shape! So pretty and soft looking. I wonder how they would feel on top of mine… “Holy sh*t Myungsoo! Calm your hormones!” I thought to myself. I settled with looking into her eyes. Someone was staring at us… and who would it be besides Sungjong?

I broke my gaze to look at him, and she refocuses to my cheek. What’s with that dark atmosphere surrounding Sungjong. There’s so much tension. T hen a smile curls on his face. He looks like the devil has possessed him! Lucifer’s ghost!

He comes closer to us, and sits on the couch next to _______________. I don’t like the way he’s looking at her. It’s with so much more lust and love then friendship calls for! All of a sudden, he puts his arm around her. Grr. But I’ll allow that, since he’s her best friend and all. Then he wraps the other arm, and opens his mouth to talk.

“______________-shii, we’ve known each other for a long time. And I finally, realized my true feelings for you. ___________-shii, I like you. Will you go out with me?”