My Best Friend

My Best Friend, A Silent Gangster, or A 'Sweet' Singer?

"Kim______-ah, Will you be my girlfriend?" Sungjong, your best friend, asks.

You pretend to think about it. "YES!"

He bends down to reach your height. "I love you ____-ah..." as he leans to kiss you, your alarm rings.

"MUH? It was all a dream?" you say to yourself as you pick yourself and your blankets off the floor. "Oh yeah," you sigh. "he got a girlfriend yesterday. WHAEYO? I was here for him when he broke up with his last girlfriend. Maybe I'm not feminine enough."

You go to the bathroom, fix yourself up with a shower and change into your uniform. "Umma, I'm leaving to school!"

"De! But eat breakfast first."

"I'll bring it with me."

"Okay. Go shopping for groceries after school okay? Me and your dad are going on a buisness trip next week and we want to make sure you have enough to eat."

"Okay," you say cheerily, even though your heart was sinking. They're leaving again... "Bye Umma and Appa, Saranghaeyo!"

"De," your mom looks back at her newspaper. You sigh and ride your bike to school. On the way, some jerks from school blast by on a motercycle and your skirt flys up. "YAH!" you shriek as the wind blows your skirt higher.

"Nice !" shout the boys. Your face goes red and you fall of your bike, scratching your knee. "Omo!" you pout. "I got hurt!" You were going to get on your bike again when a hand holds you up. You turn to look at him, hoping it was Sungjongie. "Oh. Myungsoo Sunbae. Are you going to school too?" you ask innocently.

He doesn't answer but gets on your bike. "Get on," was his quiet order. You automatically got on. What am I doing? you ask yourself numbly as he bikes you to school.

Sungjong regonizes you. "YAH! Kim_____! Get over here and meet my girlfriend!"

"Okay!" you call. Then you thank Myungsoo, a senior, and run over to your best friend and love of your life.

"Anyeong~" you say to him then looks over his girlfriend. She was really pretty, with a petite figure and long hair. she looks soo feminine, you thought enviously. "Anyeong. This is my girlfriend, Minnie! She's an exchange student from America, but she's Korean. Minnie-ah, this is my best friend, ________"

"Anyeongseyo," you bow politely but inside you were sulking. You didn't know why he didn't let you meet her last week.

"Anyeong~ I hope we get to be good friends! Oppa told me a lot about you! Mianhae, I wanted to meet you earlier but Sungjong was worried we wouldn't get along."

She's totally sincere and sweet! you realized, then forced a smile on your face. "An Dwae, We'll be great friends right, OPPA?"

Sungjong looked at you pointedly, "Talk to you later I'm going to go to class with Minnie. BYE!"

"It was nice meeting you!"

They left you slightly steaming. You felt down and happy that Sungjong was happy, but sad too. You went to find your other best friend when the bell rang. You went to your first class, history, still feeling like you were going to cry.

On the way, you crashed into Myungsoo. "AH! Sunbae-nim, are you okay?"

he looked at your cute, sad face for a second and his heart melted. "Here," he said gruffly, handing you a blue hello kitty bandaid. "For your cut."

"Oh Kamsamida Sunbae!" you brightly said. Myungsoo opp- I mean sunbae is kind of cute.

"Call me oppa from now on," he walked away. You put on the band aid. What was that? Innocent as you were, you shrugged it off and walked to class.