Soojin

Does He Love Me? Does He Love Me Not?

IT is a saturday morning and I have no classes to attend to. I was smiling peacefully as I walk down the stairs. My brother is out since he's busy preparing for something in Pledis.

I group messaged the maknae line. I'll be seeing them in the mall later today because I promised them that I'll treat them movie tickets. I don't want them to feel bad just because their hyungs didn't let them join when they saw Man of Steel because of the fact that they're too young. I don't know what's with the alibi, honestly. I don't see anything wrong with boys watching a Marvel film.

After eating breakfast, I called Sungjin first. I told him I'll be going in the mall so he won't get worried once he comes home and he won't find me. I put my handphone on the table and brushed my teeth. I'm so excited. I feel like a proud mother who will be spending the day with my children.

It's a pity Hansol can't come with us. But it's okay, as long as the others will come. I already told Samuel's mother about my plan. She agreed. His mom is kind and caring.

I wore a floral shirt which revealed some skin on my tummy but it's alright because my tummy's flat. I paired it with a high waisted jeans. I'm good to go.

It was eleven in the morning when I arrived. I head straight to the movie house. I thought Dongjin, Seungkwan, Chan and Samuel would already be here but I think they're quite late. Or am I just too early?

I picked for my handphone inside my bag but I couldn't get it. I looked for it and found none. Omo, I think I left it inside the house.

How should I text them now? Ugggh.

"Sujin,"

Someone called my name. I looked behind me and found Mingyu with still his school uniform. He still has his red bagpack strapped on his shoulders.

"Mingyu? What are you doing here?" It's getting weirder as I see him this close to me and he looks like that high school flower boy from a famous drama back in 2009 that I used to have a crush on.

"I'm here to tell you the boys won't be able to come see a movie with you. They needed to practice a choreography. Hoshi hyung is teaching them right now." He explained.

I nodded my head.

"Uh huh. And what about you? Aren't you supposed to practice with them, too?"

He smirked. What's with that creepy smile?

"I'm here to be their representative. I'll be watching the movie with you. It's a shame you'll be watching the movie alone. And anyway, I was a bit sad when I heard your plan for this day without even inviting me."

I frowned.

"They're like my little brothers. What's wrong with planning to spend the day with them?"

He ignored what I said and looked at me from head to toe.

"If only I didn't know you'll be watching a movie with Samuel and the others, I would really think you're going on a date with someone else."

My cheeks flushed at what he said.

What is he trying to imply? And me? Going on a date with someone? Nope. Never gonna happen.

"I have the tickets with me. Come on, let's watch the movie now." He gladly said.

He held my wrist and dragged me inside.

"Wait, I haven't agreed on anything yet!" I shouted but it was too late. We already entered the movie theater. We sat on the seats somewhere in the middle.

"Frozen?" Mingyu smiled and glanced at me as the movie started rolling.

I just rolled my eyes and crossed my arms.

"Well, it's not my fault. I chose something that would be suitable for their age." I defended but truth is, I want to watch this film too. I heard a lot of nice feedbacks from the internet about it.

"Great, now we don't even have anything to eat." I complained.

"Don't worry, I'll buy it for you. Do you want anything else?" Mingyu asked.

I paused for a while to look at him. He's really serious. I feel like I have this control over him. He'd agree on anything that I want. He's gotten sweeter and spoiled me even more since the day he told me he likes me that it scares me already. I don't want to get used to this.

"Hey, I'm just kidding. You don't have to go out and buy some popcorn. I'm not hungry." I told him. Although I'm actually hungry now.

"No, Sujin. I'd buy it for you. I'll be back." He stood and walked his way out. He left his bag on his seat.

Not less than five minutes later, I heard a ring on the handphone near me. People who were watching were actually looking at my direction.

I creased my forehead.

Where the hell is that sound coming from?

I looked at the people beside me but they were actually glaring at me.

"Miss, can you answer that call? Or you can just go out. That sound is disturbing us." One woman told me.

I felt embarassed.

Wait, is that Mingyu's handphone?

I quickly grabbed his bag and looked for it inside. I wasn't wrong. It's his phone that kept ringing and ringing.

I swiped it and answered the call.

I was about to say yeoboseyo but I heard Seungcheol's voice on the other line.

"Kim Mingyu! Where the hell are you?! We can't practice the choreography when one is missing! Hansol  excused himself but that doesn't mean we won't be taking this practice seriously. We need your presence here!" Seungcheol is legit angry. I can imagine the other members beside him calming him down. But I know him too well. When he's angry, he's really really angry.

I cleared my throat.

"Ya, Kim Mingyu! Why aren't you talking?! Answer me!"

"Uhm, Seungcheol, this is Sujin." I whispered.

I heard him gasped in the other line.

"Sujin? Why are you answering my call? You're with Mingyu? Where are you?"

I tried to minimize my voice as much as I can although deep inside me, I know I would raise my voice once I see that lying Mingyu.

"He's with me but he didn't tell me you'd be having a practice today. I'm really, really sorry. Don't worry, we'll head straight there right now."

"Okay, Sujin. I will wait for you two. Maybe we can talk about this when you arrive."

"Yes, sure." I just said. I massaged my forehead and think of the best solution to this mess.

I brought Mingyu's bag with me and walked outside the movie theater. I saw him in the queue of customers in the food lane.

I grabbed his wrist and pushed the bag on his chest.

"Kim Mingyu!" He was shocked when he saw me.

"Sujin, why did you go out? I'm sorry I'm taking it too long---"

"Enough! Let's go now!" I walked out but I know he's following me.

"Sujin, what's wrong? Why are you mad?" Mingyu asked me from behind.

"Huh! You have the guts to show your face here and tell me the boys can't make it today but the truth is you manipulated them and you lied to me! You skipped your practice just for what? For me? Goodness, Mingyu! I didn't ask you to do that and I never will! I don't want to be blamed just because of your carelessness!"

We were in the middle of the people but I don't care anymore. I'm just so mad at him right now.

"Sujin, I didn't know we'll be training for today. I thought my day is free to be with you." He said apologetically.

"To hell with that! I didn't ask you to be with me! I didn't ask you to always be with me! I don't need you. I can be fine by myself. Can't you see that? I'll be fine without you!" I yelled.

I almost choked with my own breath when I saw the pain in his eyes and when I realized how hurtful my words were. I didn't mean that. He should know it. I didn't mean to say those words.

"Right, I'm sorry, Sujin."

I bit my lower lip when he looked straight into my eyes.

"I'm sorry for forcing you to act alright when truth is, you're not really comfortable around me. I'm sorry for causing you troubles."

"Mingyu," I want to explain to him that I just hate it when he prioritizes me first before anything else, before his dreams. He should be practicing and training because it's his dreams we're talking about here. He's lucky enough to be under a recording company. I don't want him to focus on other things. I want him to reach for his dreams of becoming an idol. I don't want to be a hindrance to that.

"I'm sorry for assuming it was okay for you to spend some time with me. Guess I was wrong."

"Mingyu, no, that's not what I meant."

But it's as if he didn't hear me.

"Don't worry, I won't drag your name. This is all my fault. You won't get involved with this." He said and just walked passed me.

I don't know why my chest is hurting as I see him walking away.

You did it again, Sujin. You hurt someone else's feelings because of your words. I hate my mouth for letting painful words come out especially when I'm angry. It's like I can't control it.

I want to talk to someone. I want to let this pain out. I thought of Wonwoo but he's probably busy right now. This is not the right time to call anyone from Pledis, even my brother.

What will happen if Mingyu comes in Pledis? How would he face them all? How would he tell them that he was with me? How would they react to his explaination?

Negative thoughts come into my mind.

What if they kick him out? What if this is the end of his training?

I started fidgeting.

Will his dream be over all because of me?

I should have known better. I shouldn't have shouted at him like that. I should have just went with him back in Pledis so they'd hear my explaination, too. But how would I tell them? I'm scared and shy that they might assume Mingyu and I were dating that's why he ditched the practice.

Nobody would believe me if I told them it wasn't a date. A girl and a boy watching a movie together? That's probably a date, right?

What should I do?

Should I wait for the deliberation to be over? If they decide to kick Mingyu out, I would be quick to defend him. I'd take the blame just for his sake. His dreams are so important to me. I don't want his dreams to be crushed.

I need to do something for him. He's done everything for me. I need to do the same thing especially now that he needs me.

(to be continued...)

Chapter image: Mingyu in black hair is having a comeback. I'm dead. :D 160619