Soojin

Does He Love Me? Does He Love Me Not?

It was their second win that same night. Everyone was so happy.

"Soojin, aren't you happy for them?" Ms. Park asked me.

"Of course I'm happy for them, Ms. Park. They did great!" I smiled at her.

"You better be. I knew they'll be the one to save the company from bankcruptcy. Seventeen is a gift for Pledis."

The members were done for tonight. They didn't even change their clothes into casual ones. I guess they're too happy to do anything as of the moment.

Because there are thirteen members in the group, plus the staff, we needed a total of 3 big cars. So many fans were waiting for them to congratulate them even outside of the building. I was pretty surprised of how much dedicated these fans are. It's late in the evening but they're still here. Some of them are even wearing school uniforms. I'm somehow worried about their safety going to their own homes.

"Soojin, join the boys in the second car." Hyerim unnie told me.

What? I won't be joining the staff team then?

"But unnie, you can join them instead and I'll be in the third car."

She automatically raised an eyebrow at me.

I gulped. She's scary when she's mad.

Alright, I've got no choice but to be with the rest of the members in the second car.

I immediately covered half of my face with a snapback when we went out and head straight to the car. I know the fans don't care about the staff and care about the members and no one else but I still have some privacy of my own to protect. I never want to put my face or my name to an entertainment kind of fame.

"Hurry, hurry," One staff told me when he noticed me glancing at the fans.

I never knew I would end up sitting beside Mingyu. He was busy with his phone when I entered the car but he looked at me when he noticed me.

I cleared my throat to find a better spot in the car but to no avail. All the spaces have been occupied.

We were in the second row in the back. The seating arrangement is like this -
THE DRIVER, JUN
MINGYU, ME, HANSOL, JISOO,
JEONGHAN, SEUNGCHEOL, JIHOON

Unfortunately, Wonwoo isn't with us. He's in the first car. The noisy members, Seungkwan, Soonyoung and Seokmin are all in the first car and I can really hear the deafening silence our car. Some of the members are asleep.

It wasn't long enough when I felt my eyelids getting heavier...

I felt like someone's staring at me and when I opened my eyes, I realized I guessed it right.

Mingyu's head is lowered to mine as if eyeing me in a not so comfortable way.

I opened my eyes more and he noticed that I was awake already.

He cleared his throat.

Was he staring at me sleeping? And why the hell is the car not moving and others are gone? Where have they gone?

"We're here." He told me before getting out of the car.

I fixed my hair and checked myself on the mirror before getting out.

Mingyu's weird.

Why was he staring at me like that in the first place? I thought he hates me.

Someone wrapped his arms on my shoulders.

"Soojin, we're going to celebrate." Seungcheol said and we walked side by side to a restaurant.

"O, hyung, why are you clingy to Soojin?" Hansol asked him.

It was fine for me because Seungcheol is like my older brother who takes care of me the best way he could. My love for him is platonic.

"Just let me be, there's nothing malicious with my arms on her shoulders. Right, Soojin?" He asks and I noticed that maybe, he's kind of, drunk? He's being a little too talkative now than usual.

We were in a huge table. I suddenly went to see where Wonwoo was sitting.

"Seungcheol oppa, can I go to Wonwoo now?" I politely asked him.

"Sure." He nodded his head.

Wonwoo's quiet again. Everyone was busy talking about their experiences on the stage when they heard their second win just a while back.

"Hey," I nudged Wonwoo.

"Hmmm?"

"I just want you to know that I'll be here for you no matter what happens. I don't care about somebody's past." I sincerely said.

He chuckled.

"You know about the issue, don't you?"

I just shrugged my shoulders.

"Well, whether I know or not, it still doesn't change anything. I just want to remind you that I will always be here for you."

"HYUNG, CAN WE GET SOME SOJU?" It was Mingyu's loud voice. He's sitting far away from me and I'm thankful he is.

I looked around to see the staff on the other table acting as if they didn't hear what Mingyu said. Maybe it's alright for the boys to drink sometimes.

"Are you guys fine drinking alcohol?" I asked Wonwoo.

"Yes, as long as it's in moderation then I don't see anything wrong with that."

He's got a point. I just can't believe they're drinking alcohol now and acting like the adults that they have become. Ah, almost all of us in the table are adults now except Seungkwan, Hansol and Chan. That's why.

"Nobody will drink alcohol for now. We have a hectic schedule coming and we have to rest and sleep after this late dinner." Seungcheol seriously told Mingyu.

He looked like he wanted to say something more but chose to keep his mouth shut.

"I want to drink alcohol so bad." He even commented.

"Why, hyung? Because you're jealous?" Chan asked him and then looked at my direction.

All the members glanced our way and I just awkwardly smiled at them.

"Tsss," I heard that from Mingyu.

When the foods were served, I just realized how hungry I was and I remembered not eating for the half of the day because we were too buys. They served miso soup, kimchi soup, dumplings, kimbap, egg rolls, dwaejibulgogi, stir fried spiced squid, yukgaejang, haemultang, and of course, their favorite samgyeopsal. It's also become my favorite now.

When I was in my early teens, I was really conscious about my body. These members were always teasing my chubby cheeks although I don't look chubby then. I just look so much skinnier and slimmer now. My baby fats are all gone.

The boys seem to be hungry as well.

I was happily eating when I felt a hand on my cheek.

I blushed when I saw Wonwoo wiping my left cheek.

"You've got some sauce here." He said and wiped it. He was referring to the marinated beef that I was eating.

I don't know if he's aware of his gestures but Wonwoo is becoming romantic to me now.

I just laughed the situation off so that he won't see my awkward reaction. We continued eating until we were all full.

AFTER the pigging out in the restaurant, we went back to the same car arrangement seating that we had before going here. I was so tired to even glance at Mingyu.

"Soojin, where's your house? We'll be dropping you there." Jun said as he was talking to the driver.

"Uhm, you can just drop me off somewhere. I can manage." I told him.

"Why, Soojin? Aren't you living in your family's old house? The one you had three years ago." Jihoon asked.

"No, she's not living there anymore." I was surprised to hear Mingyu answer him instead of me.

Why the hell does he know I'm not living there anymore?

Seungcheol whistled.

"Mingyu, don't creep Soojin out. She might think you're stalking her because you talk like you know everything about her." Their eldest said.

Here goes again, the never ending teasing of Mingyu and I's past. It's all over now, you guys. Haven't they realized it?

"Of course, not. I don't stalk her anymo--" The last words hung like he accidentally revealed something.

I was too busy to take, actually. I don't want them to know about my house and I really think they would still insist of getting me there so I had think of a plan to just pretend that one random house is our new house now.

I waited for like ten more minutes until I found one simple yet decent house.

"See you tomorrow, guys. Thank you for taking me until here. Take care and goodnight." I told them all before getting out of the car but well, Jisoo was so gentleman to even open the car door for me to let me out.

"Goodnight, Soojin." He told me then smiled.

"You too, Jisoo." I answered.

I walked slowly but not that obvious to make them believe that I was about to enter the house.

I was holding at the gates when I heard the car drove away.

Phew. I sighed and called for a taxi to take me to where my house really is.

JAEJIN was already in his room. My dog, Ming, is already asleep as well. Yes, I have a dog named Ming because he's a white pug. And he's my first ever dog in the house. I named him Ming which means 'bright' in Chinese.

What a long day for me!

I checked on my Twitter account to see the latest updates about my friends and former workers. I use Twitter the most in the social networking sites because I can get a real-time update from it. I have friends that I met back when I was studying editing and producing in Pledis' workshop, I also have some colleagues from SM.

My eyes widened when I saw one post about SM's newest boy group that has just debuted over a month ago.

Over a month ago?

What the? Does this mean my friend slash trainees in the company are now debuted idols? Omo, I can't wait to meet them or just to see them on stage. Anyway, it wouldn't be hard for me because I'm now a staff of a promoting boy group from Pledis.

The amount of sleep I had for the whole night was satisfying. I just woke up when I heard my younger brother calling me and knocking from the door outside my room.

He's in his school uniforms now.

"Noona, how's managing a boy group?" He eagerly asked.

I rolled my eyes.

"Why? Are you interested in managing a korean group now?" I asked him.

He let out an exasperating sigh.

"Of course, not. I want to be an idol, remember? I want to be in front of the cameras and not like you and Sunghin hyung who are always behind the camera."

"Excuse me, working behind the camera is so much harder than working in front of it." I defended. I can't even believe I'm having an argument with my own little brother about this topic this early in the morning.

"Whatever, noona. I'll be dropping by a music program maybe one of these days."

"Suit yourself." I just waved him off so I could do my morning routines.

When Jaejin was already out, I went back to my room. I checked my phone and I saw 36 messages from an unknown number.

'Soojin, this is Wonwoo. Manager hyung is looking for you. We'll be in Mnet today.'

And then his messages kept coming. I am so dead! It's my third time of being late in work. Darn it!

I hurriedly took a shower and prepped my self. I wore comfortable skinny jeans paired with my white snickers and white blouse.

They're already in Mnet. I rode a taxi to go there.

Good thing, I have an access with the stations now because of my new Pledis ID.

I need to get my phone in my bag. I was half running when I was looking inside my bag for my phone. Because of that, I didn't notice someone walking towards my direction. My phone slipped in my hands and I gasped when it fell on the floor. Good thing, it has a protector on the cover so it won't get easily damaged.

"Oh no, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, miss." The guy who walked my direction kept saying. Before I can grab my phone on the ground, he already got it.

"I'm sorry, miss." He repeated.

I shook my head.

"No, it's okay. It's my fault. I wasn't looking straight my way when I was walking earlier. I'm sorry." I told him sincerely.

He was staring at me like he hasn't seen a lady before.

"Are you an idol?" He asked me.

Why the hell is he asking me questions not related to what happened?

"I'm a staff. I better get going. I'm sorry, again. Bye." I just said and continued walking.

"WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG TO BE HERE?!" It was Mr. Ahn's voice that welcomed me inside the waiting room. Everyone's ready now. They wearing their clothes for the stage later in a while.

Mr. Ahn is one of the official managers of Seventeen. He was already here ever since the day Sungjin left Pledis. I guess when my brother left, they needed a replacement and that's how Mr. Ahn got in.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Ahn. It's entirely my fault. I understand your fury." I almost said it in a whisper.

I saw Mingyu sitting beside Jeonghan. They're wearing blue and white outfits today.

Ms. Park and Hyerim unnie, the two people who I thought would treat me the crappiest turned out the opposite. When I met Mr. Ahn the other day, he wasn't this... mad.

"DO YOU REALLY WANT THIS SOB, MS. HAN? BECAUSE IF YOU DON'T, THEN YOU SHOULD JUST LEAVE THE COMPANY THROUGH A RESIGANTION LETTER!"

Everyone gasped when they heard him say that. I was pretty schocked, too. But I maintained to be calm and to hide my fear.

"If you want to fire me, then you can just do it. I will understand." I continued.

"SO NOW YOU'RE PLAYING THE VICTIM, HUH?!"

"No, I'm not. I admit my mistakes, Mr. Ahn." Yes, the fault was on me but I don't think he doesn't have to yell and shout to my face their trophies because I really don't care.

"Mr. Ahn, can you please tone down your voice? Jeonghan hyung and I are reviewing our lines." I didn't expect Mingyu to tell that to his professor.

What an ice breaker kind of Mingyu.

NEXT UPDATE: Mingyu's POV