Soojin

Does He Love Me? Does He Love Me Not?

TWO weeks have passed and everything seemed normal again.

Something's changed in the way Mingyu treats me but I don't think he does it deliberately. Maybe he acts like that because he, well according to him, he is pursuing me. Wonwoo, on the other hand, treats me like how he treated me before he confessed. We're like the closest buddies again. I admit, I feel less awkward now than a few weeks ago with him.

I was in the training room with the maknae line, Hansol, Seungkwan, Dongjin, Chan and Samuel, because apparently, the hyungs have gone to the mall to watch a movie. I don't know what movie were they watching but I am pretty sure it's not something romantic. Boys will be boys.

We were eating snacks and I was tasked to keep these little guys some company as of the mean time. They're all wearing white, by the way. Nothing goes wrong with guys that wear white. I haven't seen the hyung line but I guess they're also wearing the same color. I heard it had something to do with the episode of 17tv later. I heard Hello Venus, the newest girl group under Pledis, wil be the special guests for tonight's episode. I don't think I could watch it, though. I have a quiz tomorrow so I need to study.

"Do you know what movie your hyungs are watching in the cinema?" I asked them.

"Yes noona, it's Man of Steel. It's like Superman but a better version. Jisoo hyung recommended it but we still can't watch it because Soonyoung hyung said it's only for the grown ups." Seungkwan explained.

"Hmmm, do you guys want to watch a movie with me?" I teased them. I can see that they're not as jolly as they are when the hyungs are around.

"Really? When?" Samuel asked excitedly.

"Tomorrow if you'd like. We can go watch the latest movies suited for your age. I'll treat you guys."

"Sorry, noona, but I can't. I need to shoot for a show in Arirang tomorrow." Hansol said.

I frowned.

"You're training and shooting episodes here and there. Aren't you feeling tired, Hansol? You should enjoy your childhood. You're still a child for god's sake." I can't help but to reprimand him.

"But I don't think Hansol hyung is as young as we are. He already had a girlfriend." Dongjin said which made me shocked even more.

"Hansol? Is it true?"

I mean, I understand that he's so handsome that many girls, even older than him, are crushing over him but he's still young. And my point is he needs to enjoy his childhood as much as he can.

"I'm already fifteen, noona. I'm not a child anymore." He told me.

I just rolled my eyes. Am I getting older now that I think anyone younger than me is still a youngster?

"Fine, but promise me you won't prioritize to have a girlfriend right now because you're still training and you're still young. You can debut and make music and soon when you're satisfied with your success, then you can have a girlfriend."

"Sujin noona is like an expert when it comes to relationship advice. Why, noona? Are you dating someone already? Do we know that lucky guy?" Chan grinned and everybody else began teasing me too.

"No, of course not. I'm not dating anyone. It's not in my list of priorities." I answered shyly. I don't know why my cheeks started to redden with just the topic of dating.

"Why? Don't you like any of our hyungs?" Seungkwan asked curiously.

"It's not that I don't like them... of course I do. I like all your hyungs." Why is this conversation building up?

"Noona must be very lucky to be courted by someone from our hyungs. If you pick him, your future boyfriend will be a star and will be famous and rich."

I breathed deeply.

"I actually don't care about the social status of my future boyfriend. As long as he loves me, then I'm fine with it even if he's not an idol and even if he's just an ordinary guy."

"Is that the reason why you don't say yes to Mingyu hyung? He's already pursuing you but you don't allow him to be your boyfriend, yet. Is that right, Sujin noona?" Asked Samuel.

I sighed.

"Well, Mingyu is... WAIT WHAT?! How did you know that he's pursuing me?" I looked at Samuel.

Samuel smiled.

"Everybody in Seventeen knows, noona."

"We all know Mingyu hyung is courting you right now." -Chan

"He's always been vocal about his feelings for you. He always tells us that you will fall for him, too." - Dongjin

My eyes widened, real wide! Why is Mingyu telling these kids about him liking me?

They clearly aren't aware that Wonwoo confessed to me first even before Mingyu did.

AN hour later, the other guys already arrived.

Mingyu was wearing a simple white sweater with some green prints on it. He handed me a boba tea. He knows I like it. Ugh.

"Uhm, thanks." I smiled at him.

He nodded.

"We passed by the coffee shop I was working in before. I thought of you so I bought one of the best selling drinks." He said. Mingyu working in a coffee shop? That sounds cool but when I met him, he already quit the job. Maybe because he needed to focus on his trainee life.

All the guys were already looking at us, including Wonwoo.

I want to talk to him but maybe later.

I ate dinner with my brother and he had to go back to Pledis even if it's already seven in the evening because he was assigned to monitor Seventeen before they broadcast later this night for another episode of 17tv.

"Omo, unnie you're so pretty in the music video which you were featured."

I was in the lobby when the trainee girls entered the building. They were with their manager.

"You can be the visual of our group when we debut."

Girls complimenting each other. I don't really know these girls. All I know is that I am quite older than the most of them. I heard from my brother that one of the girls is from China and she was as young as fourteen when she moved here in Korea.

Geez, idols are getting younger and younger. These kids should be enjoying their youth before entering an industry where they'll be spending almost all of their time.

"Maybe we will be linked to Seventeen oppas when our groups debut. They're all handsome and I can't even pick my crush from them." The girls giggled.

I understand. She's right. Seventeen trainees are handsome as hell. Who would not like them?

"I think Nayoung unnie likes one of them."

Nayoung is the tall girl. I looked at her. She's pretty. Hmmm.

"No, I don't have a crush on any of them. Stop it." She defended but she was already blushing.

"Come on, unnie. You can tell us. You're pretty and tall and slim. Who knows? Maybe even some of the Seventeen trainees have a crush on you. A tall and handsome guy fits perfect for you."

I don't know why I'm eavesdropping. Am I eavesdropping? I can't help it. I mean, they're near. I can't help but to hear what they're talking about.

When they were gone, I went outside of the building to breathe for some air.

I think I will never be ready for a relationship. I don't want my future boyfriend to be liked by every other girls. I want to be possessive of him. And I honestly don't know what to do when the girls start hitting on him. I will always feel insecure. I will always compare myself to other girls.

Gosh, I don't like this feeling.

"Hey," I flinched when someone tapped my shoulder.

I was expecting to see Mingyu but when I first saw the beanie on his head, I knew it's Wonwoo.

"Hey." I smiled.

"It's cold. Why are you here?" He asked.

"I'm thinking."

"Thinking about?"

I faced him.

"What happened to us, Wonwoo? We barely talk to each other anymore." I told him sadly.

"I'm sorry, Sujin."

I shook my head.

"I can't believe we fell apart. We were the closest friends everyone could wish for. Can you go back to being like that? I missed you, you know."

He took a deep breath.

"I realized I shouldn't avoid you, anymore. I don't want to risk our friendship into something I am not sure of in the future. I want to be the same old Wonwoo that you like."

I was overjoyed that I hugged him. It was late when I realized how stiff he became.

"Hey, this is a friendly hug. Why don't you hug me back?" I laughed off. I don't want him to get the wrong signal.

"Yeah, a friendly hug it is." I heard him chuckled and hugged me too. He lightly patted my head like a kid. He usually pats my head like that.

"No more awkward moments between us, alright?" I told him.

"Sure."

And that's how I reconciled with my bestfriend.

(to be continued...)

Next update will be later tonight. :)