Soojin

Does He Love Me? Does He Love Me Not?

13

"Soojin, what are you doing here?" I heard Seokmin's voice. I saw them three standing while I was here sitting on the ground with my hand on my wounded knee.

I blinked once, twice, thrice until I realized that I was imagining things - Mingyu carrying me in the middle of Myeongdong district was actually just a part of my imagination.

I stood up and endured my wound.

"H-hi, guys." I tried to smile at them.

Wonwoo was now looking at me suspiciously. I know he knows that I was purposedly here.

Mingyu is avoiding to have an eye contact with me. I kept peering at him but he avoids me. He went to the staff and talked to them.

"Soojin, aren't you supposed to be in school today?" Wonwoo asked me.

I motioned him to keep quiet.

"Don't tell Sungjin about this." I warned him.

He chuckled.

"I never thought you'd skip class to stalk someone. You've kind of... changed."

I hit his arm lightly.

"Just mind your own business, alright?" I told him.

He shook his head.

"Soojin, you should've thought of minding your own business before barging in the middle of our shoot. Look at the writer noonas and cameramen in one corner plotting another scene because we needed to stop filming when you appeared."

I gazed at the people that Mingyu were talking to.

Oh no. I think I did really messed their filming.

I left Wonwoo and went to the staff. I need to apologize.

"I'm so sorry for messing this all up. I swear, I didn't mean to do it." I was bowing my head several times just for them to see how sincere I am. Yes, I wanted to see what Mingyu is up to today but I didn't want to barge in to what he was doing. I just wanted to see him because I miss him.

One woman raised her voice at me.

"We were supposed to finish this earlier but because you came, we have to film again!"

My eyes widened.

"I'm so sorry. I'm willing to help."

I've never felt so embarassed my whole life.

"Huh! You can't make up to what you did. Stupid!"

I bit my lower lip and I wanted so much to cry.

I understand where this woman is coming from. She can put the blame on me all she wants. I will accept it.

I know Mingyu is just around the corner but I don't care anymore. I don't care if he sees me like this. I need to do this not just for him but for the people I've affected.

"Noona, you didn't have to call her stupid. Can you just please go back to filming? We don't want to attract the attention of other people in this kind of way, right?" I heard Wonwoo said. I was actually expecting him to defend me just as he did. But he wasn't the only one I was expecting to.

"This girl needs to learn not to shove herself into something she isn't allowed to." The woman continued reprimanding me.

"Ya, stop that. She might tell his brother what you did. She is Sungjin's little dongsaeng. Sungjin Han's the junior supervisor in Pledis." The cameraman told her.

No. No. I don't want them to drag my brother's name here.

The woman looked at me.

"I was just telling her the consequence of what she did. Hmp!" The woman walked out. She talked to the audience that was actually waiting for the continuation of the shoot.

Everybody seemed busy again, instructing the people and the cameramen were busy as well.

I wanted to approach Mingyu but I know this isn't a nice time to do so.

"She's lucky to be Sungjin's dongsaeng. If not, then she wouldn't be that privileged to go in and out of Pledis." I heard two women chatting. I can hear their voices.

I breathed deeply.

"What a spoiled sister Sungjin has." The other one commented.

I wanted to talk back but I should respect these people.

That's it, I think I need to go.

"Soojin-ah! Let's eat lunch together, just wait for me." Wonwoo shouted.

Even Seokmin and Mingyu were looking at me.

I want to say no because I really want to go home but I want to see Mingyu's reaction.

"Sure!" I smiled.

I saw Mingyu looked away.

See? I saw that! He's affected! Why can't he go back to the same Mingyu? Why is he ignoring me now?!

AT five pm, I was already at home. I was surprised to see Sungjin at home this early.

"Oppa, undertime?" I asked him.

The dinner is ready.

"Not really. I decided to go home after I heard what happened in Myungdeong."

I paused when he said that.

I cleared my throat.

"I didn't mean to interrupt them, I swear."

He nodded.

"I know. I don't have to ask you that. I want to ask why you were there and why you did not go to school?"

I sighed.

"I'm sorry, alright? I didn't really know what was inside my mind when I decided to go there and skip class."

"Don't tell me you don't know. I know you know. I noticed you have developed feelings for someone, Soojin. I'm your brother. I know you ever since you were born. Your actions changed, you look like you've fallen for someone."

I think I felt myself blushed.

I didn't speak.

"If I am right, then I don't have a problem with that as long as you know how to handle your feelings. Make sure not to commit yourself totally especially that you're still so young. Love can wait. Study first and then maybe you can have a boyfriend when you turn... thiry five."

I frowned.

"Are you serious?!"

"Yes, except for the thirty five part. But I'm serious when I tell you to be careful in liking someone too much. You can even sacrifice and skip classes just for that person? You don't have to rush things, Soojin. Everything will fall into its proper places in the right time."

I never thought Sungjin would be this deep.

"I'm sorry, oppa. I won't skip class again. Maybe I need to do something that would keep me busy so I could divert my attention."

"You know what, why don't you join the arts class that Pledis will be offering to high school students? You may develop your talents there."

I made face.

"Like what? Dancing and singing? No, thanks. I'm not into that."

"No, actually we'll be opening new projects for special classes for high school students that want to study photography, videography and filmmaking. I'll get you a form and you can enroll tomorrow if you want."

"I'll think about it." I just said.

I don't really like to enroll but I can see my brother's concern for me and I don't want him to feel neglected. And, I can also prove to other people my worth once I'll be as talented as the people that Pledis has. The painful words I heard a while back will be motivation to be a better person.

THE girls in my section are busy chattering about what happened yesterday which was Valentine's Day. They were giggling and happy talking about the dates they've gone to and the chocolates and presents they received.

"I also gave my boyfriend a chocolate cake I personally made."

"Really? That's so sweet! Did you kiss?"

The girl just smiled shyly.

In Korea, it's not always the girls who receive chocolates. In most cases, the guys receive chocolates from the girls and a month later, on March 14, the girls receive sweets, mostly candies, from the guys that adore them. March 14 is also famously known as the White Day.

I don't really know why they called White Day a white day? I mean, what's white about that day? Is there Red Day? Black Day? Green Day? Yellow Day? Blue Day?

I flinched when someone nudged my shoulder.

Wonwoo's here.

"No practice?" I asked him.

"Yup. I won't skip class like other people did."

I just rolled my eyes. He was obviously referring to me.

"Wonwoo, d-did some of you receive chocolates yesterday? I am j-just curious, you know."

Wonwoo put his palm on his chin as if in deep thought.

"Well, if you wanna know did Mingyu receive chocolates... I heard he did."

I looked at him seriously.

"From whom?"

Of course he'll receive chocolates. He's handsome. He's attractive. What's not to like about him? He's perfect. I really won't reach the standard of a girl that deserves to be his girlfriend.

"Soojin, cheer up. He received chocolates but just from the other girl trainees. Don't worry, they gave all of us chocolates. They're like our dongsaengs. No romance involved."

Ah, the Pledis girls? I don't know if Wonwoo knows but one of the girls likes Mingyu.

I shook my head.

I don't want to think about this. I don't want to overthink.

Relax, Soojin. Mingyu is busy training. For sure, he won't like to be in a relationship as of this moment.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: AJU NICE WILL BE OUT ANY MINUTE FROM NOW AND SVT NEEDS OUR FULL COOPERATION. WE HAVE TO VIEW THE MV IN THEIR OFFICIAL YOUTUBE ACCOUNT. MV VIEWS IS A REALLY HUGE FACTOR OF WINNING IN MUSIC SHOWS ESP. IN THE POPULAR ONES. PS. I MISS WONWOO. :(