Soojin

Does He Love Me? Does He Love Me Not?

Seventeen had almost a week to rest after the Yeppeuda promotions.

Well, actually, it wasn't totally a rest because the members still practice all day for their upcoming Dream Concert performances. They practice all morning and rest all afternoon. Some of the members stay in the dorm during the afternoon because they want to sleep and some are going to school to attend classes they missed during their busy promotions.

It's a Wednesday. I stayed in Pledis for the half of the day and went to the university that I enrolled in. I'm going to school today!

I'm so happy that Sungjin is back. And now that he's back, he'll be in-charge of the responsibility in our house. I'm just relieved that I can now act as a younger sibling to him. Being with Jaejin is nice of course but he sometimess stresses me out. He's youthful personality reminds me so much of someone when I was younger. I don't know why, I'm only twenty. I'm not that old but I seem to be thinking maturely because of him. Because of my mother-like instict when it comes to taking care of Jaejin.

Since my course is just for short-term, I don't have a much busy schedule and gladly, it doesn't overlap with my duties as a staff of Pledis. I already talked to the bosses and they agreed with the arrangements of my schedule. I don't know if they're just nice to me or maybe because they know that I am Sungjin's sister. I heard one time how the Pledis boss wanted Sungjin oppa to come back to Pledis to manage fully to Seventeen. I don't know much about it anyway.

The university looks nice. It's not too far from Pledis' building but not too close too. This university focuses mainly on media courses and that's the reason why I chose to study here. I'm wearing  a plaid skirt and white blouse. I wanted to change my normal outifts even just for today. I feel like I need to be in the trend. I don't want to look too old for my classmates. I'm guessing my classmates to be one or two years younger than me.

When I entered the classroom, I was welcomed with a not so quiet conversation between people here and there. Suddenly, I felt alienated. I do not know any of these people.

The rest of the hour went by. I thought I wouldn't have friends or just companions but I was wrong. Some of them are really nice to even introduce themselves to me and befriend me. They're not as young as I thought, too. Most of them are my age, some are young ones and a few are older.

My classes will be on Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays from 2 pm to 5 pm.

At exactly 5, the class has already dismissed.

I rode a taxi to get to Pledis fast. I want to stay there and monitor the situations. I'm feeling energetic today.

I didn't see any members in the lobby. It was fine, though. I wasn't expecting any of them to be here because they are all probably resting in their dorm.

I went to their practice room to check if anyone's here. Or if Hyerim unnie is here because I want to tell her about my experience in the university today.

When I opened the door to the practice room, I didn't see Hyerim unnie.

"Wonwoo?"

I guess because I've known him for so long that I can easily recognize him.

"Wonwoo? Oh my god!" My eyes widened when I confirmed it was him. He was lying flat on the floor while clutching the left part of his stomach.

I walked fast and checked on him.

"What happened to you?"

When I touched him, he was really, really hot. His body was trembling and he was also groaning.

He's in pain.

I tried to make him sit but he held my wrist.

"D-don't... It's painful..."

My mind was racing. I don't know what was happening to him and I don't know what to do.

Seeing him like this makes me remember that one particular moment in my life I want to forget about.

My hands are already shaking. I shook my head, too. No. I don't want to remember that! I hate that part of my life!

"Uggh," My mind went back to reality when I heard Wonwoo's voice.

I realized I was still beside him without knowing what to do.

I was breathing heavily.

I stood up.

"Wait right here, Wonwoo. I'll call for help." I didn't wait for his response.

I immediately went out of the training room and spot Mingyu who's about to go downstairs. I called him and held his arm.

"Mingyu! Thank God I saw you!"

"Soojin? Why are you crying?"

I didn't need to answer his question. I dragged him fast inside the room where Wonwoo was.

I thought that maybe we need more people so I went out again and looked for other staff and gladly found my brother himself, Sungjin, who looked surprised and confused to see me like this.

"Sungjin, Sungjin! You need to help us! Please help Wonwoo! He's in pain! Is he dying? Sungjin! Please!"

I was already hissing. My mind isn't functioning normally because it kept pulling me back to that one bitter moment in my life.

"Soojin, calm down." He held my shoulders.

I didn't calm down. I wiped the tears that kept flowing from my eyes.

"Wonwoo needs our help. You need to save him!"

He walked pass by me and went straight to the room where Wonwoo and Mingyu were.

The next moment, I just found myself inside the car of my brother. I was in the backseat with Wonwoo lying beside me. Mingyu was in the passenger seat while my brother was driving. The company car was following us behind. Everybody's rushing.

The tears from my eyes kept flowing like crazy.

"Oppa, I'm scared." I told Sungjin. I no longer care if anyone sees me like this. I just want to avoid situations like this but what's happening with Wonwoo was inevitable.

"Soojin, you have to relax as much as you can possibly be. Reactions like that won't help." Sungin told me without even looking at me. He's looking straight into the road.

"But what if something happens to him? Why are we even here in your car?! We should call the ambulance instead! Someone call the ambulance!" I yelled at him.

"Soojin, I'm already driving! We'll be in the hospital any minute by now. Stop panicking!" He said so seriously that made me shut up.

I was crying silently while looking at my friend.

"Just make sure you'll save him this time, please." I begged.

"Soojin, we're talking about Wonwoo. Not another person. Get your act together."

I bit my lower lip to stop myself from talking back at my brother.

I know Mingyu's staring at me like he doesn't know me anymore. I know I've changed. This part of me changed. I became extra emotional and sensitive.

WE arrived safely in the hospital.

Wonwoo was rushed to the emergency room. No one was allowed inside so we all stayed in the waiting area. I tried to calm myself but just the atmosphere of hospitals are freaking the hell out of me. I don't want to be here. If I have a choice, I wouldn't enter any hospital. But because Wonwoo is in danger, I need to be strong enough to stay here and be here for him. I don't wanna leave him.

Somebody touched my trembling hands. I looked at my side and saw Mingyu.

"Soojin," He gently touched my hands as if they were the most fragile things in the world.

It was the first time that someone made me feel cared today. With all the happenings, I felt like I just needed someone to understand me.

"Mingyu, I'm scared." I cried like a baby in his arms. He pulled me closer until he was hugging me so tight. I didn't even have the strength to hug him back. He was hugging me in a very protective way I felt my heart touched.

"He'll be alright." He whispered.

I realized I've already fallen asleep. When I opened my eyes, I saw the members, some are standing and some are sitting beside one another. I felt a hand on my hair.

I saw Mingyu's face. My head was resting on his lap. I fixed myself and sat properly.

"I'm sorry I fell asleep." I told him. I felt so shy to be sleeping on his lap.

He had disheveled hair and he was still wearing his white shirt from a while ago. He wasn't able to change because of me - because I was sleeping on his lap. Now I feel more embarassed.

"It's okay. I didn't want to wake you up. You've been crying all the while."

I looked around and saw the white walls and again, the realization that we are in the hospital hits me.

"Soojin," I saw my brother approached me.

"Oppa," I felt my eyes swelling up again.

"You need to go home now. You can't be okay as long as you are here in the hospital. It's better if you stay in the house for the meantime. I'll update you about Wonwoo's condition." He said seriously.

"I need to be here. I need to be there for Wonwoo." I insisted.

"I know you just want to check on his condition but I can't focus on one person without worrying about you as well. I don't want you to worry too much. Let me handle this. Let oppa handle this, okay?" He held my cheeks and kissed me on the forehead.

I cried again.

"Please don't cry." He wiped my tears away.

I don't know what'll happen without my brother by my side.

SUNGJIN asked Mingyu to drive me home. I rejected it but they both insisted and I had no energy to argue about it so I just agreed.

We were using my brother's car.

I didn't know Mingyu already knows how to drive.

"It's my first time." Mingyu said.

"Hmmm?"

"I said it's actually my first time to drive with someone beside me. Well, except for my driving instructor, I didn't want someone to sit beside me when I'm driving on the road because I might make some accidents along the way. I don't want anyone to risk their life just because of my carelessness."

I was a bit surprised because he seemed decent in driving.

"But I feel like with you beside me, I know I won't get it wrong."

I don't know what to say.

Being alone with him makes me realize how I acted so badly today. I cried and panicked and cried again. I totally showed him my most vulnerable side.

"I could see how much you care for Wonwoo. I wonder if you'd act like that too if I were in his shoes..."

No. I reacted like that because I have an emotional tendency to be like that everytime I see a person suffering in pain. I don't want to see anyone in pain.

He stopped me in front of the house that I pointed that one night when they brought me home after a music show.

I gulped and stared at him.

"This isn't our house." I told him.

I can see confusion in his eyes.

"But I clearly remember this house. You went down from the car to go inside this house."

I bit my lower lip.

"I'm sorry, I lied. I'll tell you where our real house is."

His lips formed in a straight line as if to keep himself from questioning.

He drove again and fifteen minutes later, we were already in front of our house.

I saw Jaejin opening the gates for me.

I glanced at Mingyu who looked a lot more confused now.

"I've seen that boy before." He said while looking at Jaejin.

"Noona," Jaejin called me.

I cleared my throat and peered at Mingyu.

"I need to go. Thank you for driving me home." I said and went out of the car as soon as possible.

-Mingyu's POV up next.