Soojin

Does He Love Me? Does He Love Me Not?

"You ready?" I asked Mingyu while he was tucking his t-shirt on.

"Uh, huh."

I grinned as I see him wear his outfit for their comeback stage in Show Champion today. They are going to perform Aju Nice and we've been here in the studio for ten hours now. A lot of Seventeen fans came to support them. I know the members worked extra hard for this comeback album because they have to fill in Wonwoo who won't be able to join them during the promotions.

Mingyu is looking extra handsome today. His white t-shirt is a tight one so I can see his broad shoulders and hard chest.

"Soojin, you okay?" Mingyu held my hand.

I blushed. I think I stared at his chest for too long.

"Uhm, yeah. Sorry, I'm just a bit tired."

It's true, though. The team has been so busy. I go to the practice room every night to observe them. Hyerim unnie, their choreographer, was very strict to them. She can see every mistake of the members and they will have to start again everytime someone makes a mistake with the dance moves.

The director of the stage called them out for their stage rehearsal.

I also helped with the stage design and the props. It's good to see how everyone's looking forward to their comeback stage. I heard there will be a lot of Carats who are going to the studio today.

I smiled when I see them rehearsed. Their rehearsals are even live. Seventeen is really a great boy group and I hope the koreans will give them more love and appreciate them even more.

Mingyu is glowing on stage. I love his skin color. I love this melanin guy so much.

He's a sweetheard and all I ever do is to receive the love he's been giving me. I'll think of a surprise to finally tell him that I still love him and if something has changed for the past years, that's because my love for him has grown and the space inside my heart is all occupied by him.

Gosh, it's so cheesy.

It was a very busy comeback week for the boys.

We're now packing the things and are heading to KBS where Seventeen will be guesting in Yoo Hee Yeol's Sketchbook for the very first time. I literally squealed in excitement when I hear about their guesting. It's a great show where various artists perform and have a little talk to the host. The twist though is that the audience are the normal audience that does not include any fans. It is like a television show where you'll get to see your favorite group perform in front of their non-fans.

We were in a SUV and I can see the members practicing their lines already.

They look so excited!

"We'll be the last to perform, right?" Jihoon asked.

The manager nodded.

"Once you do good in your performance for Sketchbook, you'll definitely get a lot of recognition."

Even the staff members are excited.

I'm happy to see them happy like this.

Mingyu and I are sitting on the back. I don't know if they already know what's going on between us two but they don't seem to care. I mean they would tell me I shouldn't be in a relationship with Mingyu if they think it's against the rules but ever since I came back, I haven't heard them tell me that.

In fact, when Mingyu's missing, they would text me or ask me where he is. Maybe they feel like I know Mingyu's whereabouts all the time.

I looked at him. He's really so good looking.

"We'll eat after this." He said.

"I know. Where are we going to eat?"

He looked at me for a bit and then glanced at the members.

"No, we're going on a date. No other members or staff." He whispered to my ear.

What? But...

Did I really hear it right?

He's asking for a god damn date!

Omo, omo, omo!

What am I going to do? What am I going to wear? I should've prepared!

"Hey, what are you thinking?" Mingyu asked when I did not say anything.

I bit my lower lip.

Now I'm no longer excited about the Sketchbook but I'm excited about our date.

"Where are we going, then?" It's a simple question but Mingyu grinned as if relieved that I agreed to the date. Of course, I'll date you.

We decided to go to a Chinese restaurant later. I told him I'll be going home for a while to change some clothes. He said he'll pick me up in the house. I don't know why but I feel so light and so giddy.

We were welcomed politely by the staff of Sketchbook. We were in the waiting room for an hour before the staff called the group.

After a few while, the members are already on stage.

But in the middle of their Aju Nice performance, the floor director went to the stage and asked the members to stop. The music stopped as well. The audience are murmuring.

"Everyone, we have just figured out that some members of the audience are recording the performance of Seventeen. It is a strict policy not to film or record on this show. So have some respect to our show and keep your phones and cameras in your pockets. We'll do a short break to confiscate all the cameras in the audience. Thank you."

It was a shocking announcement.

The members looked shocked as well. I glanced at the audience and I saw some girls hiding their handphones back to their pockets.

"What? Why did they let these fans in?" I heard the director said.

I think the staff of the Sketchbook are beginning to get a bit mad at the disrespectful action.

I moved closer to the audience to see those 'fans' but most of them are unfamiliar to me. I've been working with Seventeen since their Yeppeuda comeback and I can distinguish some loyal fans that are attending the group's music broadcast and fansign. But who the hell are these people? Are they really fans?

I saw Mr. Ahn talking to the director. He looked apologetic.

The members went backstage. I think it's not time to disturb them so I just made sure to be on the audience so I can warn anyone who plans to film the performance for the second time.

"Why are the fans even here? They are such a disrespect to the show."

"Don't they know that appearing in a prestigious show like Sketchbook is an honor for their idol group? I don't want to say this but I just lost interest to Seventeen because of the behaviour of their fans."

I sighed when I heard two audience. They looked bored.

I moved to the backstage but the members were all quiet. I sat beside Mingyu. I held his hand tight.

"Hey," I want to cheer him up but honestly, I don't even know what to tell him.

He stared at me and gave me a sweet smile. I can't believe he can still smile at me like this even if he's in a bad situation.

"It's okay." He said.

I stayed mum. I'm scared that I might not say the right words so I just stayed quiet beside him while holding his hand.

After a few minutes, the members were called once again to perform.

I think I'll stay here in the backstage, though. I don't want to look at the members' disappointed faces while they're trying to perform an energetic song.

After what happened, we all decided to go back to the Pledis building. It was so eerily quiet inside the SUVs.

Mr. Ahn looked so angry but he kept his composure everytime someone would call his number. He seemed like he has a lot to fix right now. Some members are sleeping.

I yawned.

Mingyu tapped his shoulder.

"Lay your head on my shoulder, Soojin."

Huh? No. I immediately shook my head.

"I'm okay. You should be the one resting." I looked aroud and found a small pillow. I put it on my lap.

"Sleep here."

Mingyu was surprised with my action, based on his reaction. I pulled him closer.

"Please, Mingyu. I want you to sleep here."

"Are you sure?" He's really hesitating.

"Of course."

A smile slowly crept on his lips and I saw his teeth, his fangs that makes him look extra handsome in my opinion.

"Okay."

He laid his head on my lap and was looking up at me.

"Damn, I really love you." He suddenly said. Is that a spur of a moment thing? Someone might hear him!

I looked at the others and they're busy minding their own business.

I blushed, I really felt my cheeks blushed at what he said.

I was caressing Mingyu's hair while he's sleeping soundly on my lap. He's really a gift from God. He's got a handsome face that anyone could drool over. I know that myself because for the past months that I've been working with Seventeen, I can say that Mingyu has a lot of fans. He probably has the most fans in the group. I'm not saying that others have less though. Alright, maybe I'm biased. I love him that's why I think he's the most loved member. I hope a lot more people will get to appreciate him... not because of his looks but because of his good heart and good personality.

I just realized how I love Mingyu with black hair. He's like a blast from the past with the color of his soft hair. He looked like the Mingyu that I fell in love with even before they debuted.

"Soojin, you said we're going to drop you home, right?" Mr. Park asked me.

I nodded my head.

I'll be going home. I don't think my date with Mingyu will still go on since it's a bad timing to do so.

Just before I'd wake up Mingyu, he already woke himself up. He stirred and then looked around the car.

"I'm going home, Mingyu." I informed him.

He smiled.

"Yeah, I'll pick you up later."

I gasped.

"Huh? No. You can just take a rest for the day." I know the plan for the day won't be pursued but it's okay. We have a lot of time to do it the next time.

"No, Soojin. I'm going to pick you up later for our date."

My conscience is telling me to just text Mingyu that I can't go out tonight for our date but dang, I want to date him, too. I want to spend some quality time with him.

It's 7 pm. I walked out from my room and headed downstairs. Mingyu must be here anytime soon.

My brothers, Sungjin and Jaejin, are both sitting on the sofa with their arms crossed. I already told them about what I'm going to do for tonight. They don't have any problem with that at all.

I went to the kitchen and drank a glass of water. I'm nervous but I shouldn't be. This isn't the first time that we dated but Mingyu is a celebrity now. I've actually been thinking about it ever since I went home here a while ago. I was thinking... Mingyu and I would never have the same ordinary but romantic dates like what normal couples experience. Because of him being a public personality, people would probably recognize him and then send our pictures to the media and then boom, my private life is over.

Hell no.

I won't let that happen.

So if Mingyu is planning to take me out on a date in a restaurant or in a movie, then he'd better cover his entire face. I actually already texted him about it and let's see what he'll wear. I, on the other hand, am wearing a knitted sweater dress and brown boots. I also have a beanie on my head for an additional cuteness to it.

I went back to the living room only to see Mingyu talking to my brothers.

He saw me and smiled widely.

"Mingyu, we're not yet done talking." Jaejin said in a serious tone.

What the heck? What's happening here?

Mingyu looked at my brothers again.

"Ah yes, yes, I'll take care of her." He said.

What are they talking about and why is Jaejin, who's five years younger than Mingyu, acts like he's the senior. He even called Mingyu with just his first name and without the 'hyung'.

"You have to take her home by 8, okay?" Sungjin told him.

My eyes widened.

"What?! It's already 7. How are we going to enjoy the date within just one hour, huh?" I asked them.

My brothers looked at me. These guys... tsss... it's the first time that I'll be dating with Mingyu since Jaejin's here so they both look like they don't really want to let me.

I walked towards them and grabbed Mingyu's pulse.

"We're going now. I'll text you guys later." That was my final words to them before Mingyu and I went out of our house.

I took a deep breath and stared at the black car parked in front.

"Is this yours?"

I felt his strongs arms wrapping around my waist.

"Yes."

Wow. I know Seventeen has just debuted last year and they're still a rookie group but he has much money to buy a car. It's not just an ordinary car. It looks new and so cool.

Well, I shouldn't be doubting that. Mingyu came from a rich family. I remember during trainee days, the members tell Mingyu how lucky he is to have parents who can buy him anything he wants whenever he likes to.

I heard giggles from female students who walked pass our house and I quickly turned to cover Mingyu's face.

"What are you doing?" I can't believe he's just laughing.

I rolled my eyes.

"You're a celebrity. They might recognize you." I'm just worried because he's just starting his career and a dating news won't help him maintain his reputation in the eyes of the public.

His forefinger touched my chin and made me look at his face.

"Soojin, we'll keep this a secret to the fans but I'm not really scared if they find out we're dating. I will gladly tell the whole world how much I love you. Yes, I love my career but you have to remember that you're my first priority. No one comes higher than your spot in my heart."

That was so cheesy but oh my god, I feel so giddy. Mingyu surely knows how to make my heart dugeun dugeun.