Mingyu

Does He Love Me? Does He Love Me Not?

One hundred seven days...

It has been one hundren and seven days since I knew Sujin. She's the younger sister of one the employers of Pledis. It wasn't hard for me to befriend her. She was nice and approachable and kind. She's beautiful but I don't tell her that. I , everytime I have the chance to, about her cute cheeks. She doesn't look like her age and she's short. I think she is only on the level of my chest.

For the past three months, I was confident, alright. I thought that no matter how irresistable her charm is, I would never fall for her. She's just too... charming and too good for my liking.

She doesn't act so girly, which I like. She also makes sure to take care of everyone in Seventeen. She treats us like her closest friends.

I don't call her noona. It's weird to call someone as noona when she's just six or seven months older than me. I'm used to be called oppa, of course, given I have a younger sister. And usually, the noonas that we call are the ones who are ten years or more senior to us. Besides, age is not a matter to me.

And then came that day, she wasn't around the company. I was used to seeing her even during weekdays because she comes here after coming to school. She usually waits in the lobby. It's where I wait for her, actually. I knew each day, she'd come. But she didn't and I was worried and I personally went to the main office to search for Sungjin, Sujin's brother, to ask where she is. I was worried sick. What if something happened to her? Sungjin faced me with a suspicious grin. I don't know what's with him. I just want to know where his sister is. And then he told me Sujin was with Samuel, accompanying him for his school play. I was relieved. But not so fast. Sungjin started interrogating me about my concern for Sujin. I know he suspects something so why should hide it?

I told him I like his sister and I was willing to make her mine but he stopped me from courting her. He said she was too young and won't allow Sujin to have a boyfriend. I wanted to protest. It's Sujin's choice in the end. Any other choice won't matter. But I realized that I should respect Sungjin hyung's idea. If that's what he wants, if that's the only I can earn his trust, then I will. I won't tell Sujin about my feelings for her. But I'll definitely show it through my simple actions.

And now, Sujin is with me and my sister inside this ice cream parlor. She's eating cutely while looking at me and my sister, Minseo. We jogged around the village until my sister asked to eat an ice cream. Who would've thought we'll see Sujin here, as well? I guess even if I don't work things, fate will do it for me.

"Your stares are creeping me, Sujin." I told her. She looks so funny. She focused on eating the ice cream. I gulped.

"I can't help but to stare. Your sister really looks like you."

"I know." I just said. She's so amazed. I love every expression her face can make.

Minutes passed, we bid our goodbyes. My sister has a class later at nine and I need to fetch her.

"You sure you're safe alone?" I asked her.

I can't help but to get worried.

"Of course, I can walk home alone, don't worry."

One more thing I like about Sujin is how she can stand alone without anybody's help. She's the one giving help to others. She can do anything independently and it is actually one more reason why I'm so scared to confess to her - because she might reject me and tell me she doesn't anyone beside her as a boyfriend. Hell, I'm scared to be rejected. All my life, not that I'm bragging but, almost all the girls in my school likes me. They adore me. I'm the friendly, smart, tall, handsome Mingyu everybody likes.

But then, I don't feel glad about the attention I'm getting. I only want one attention from one specific girl.

"Oppa, you're graduating next month, right?" I stopped thinking when Minseo asked me.

"Yeah, I'll be high school now." I smirked.

"Where will you study, then?"

I smiled even wider.

Of course, I'll go where she goes. I'll enroll in her school as I have planned. It annoys the hell out of me whenever I think of Sujin and Wonwoo attending the same high school. They're a year older than me in school levels which means they're first year high school now.

Wonwoo... My bestfriend. The one I've been relying to all these years and months since training. We trained in the same period of time. I got casted and he got accepted from an audition. He was my best buddy.

And now, everything's changed. I never thought he'll confess to Sujin about his feelings for her. I was too shocked when Sujin told me about it.

All the members of Seventeen knows that I like Sujin. They know 'cause I told them! I told them so they would know where to stand. I told them so they would know the bro code. That's even the reason why Samuel helped me by calling me his daddy and Sujin as his mommy. But Sujin doesn't seem to mind at all. She thinks we're just joking around. She's just too dense sometimes.

I went back to the dorm to get ready for the day. I'm done jogging. I'm actually planning to attend to a gym regularly. I just don't know who to invite. Perhaps, Seungcheol and Doyoon hyung since they're the ones who are more conscious about their appearance because they want to look manly for other girls to see.

Me? I want Sujin to see how I grow within the coming years. I'll be the best man she'll ever see.

Seungkwan and I went to the school and I saw a bunch of girls looking at us. The girls with glasses approached us.

"Mingyu and Seungkwan, right?" She asked.

We both nodded.

"C-can I have an interview for this year's yearbook? Many of the students requested to give a special section for you two. Just a page about all the stuff you do in Pledis and how you manage to be trainees and students at the same time." She fixed her glasses after talking.

"Yeah, sure! We'd love to do that." Seungkwan was all smiles. His cheeks were cute. I remembered someone. God, how can you miss someone you see every single day?

"Yes! Is that okay with you, too, ahm Mingyu?" She glanced at me.

"I don't see any problem with it. As long as you make the interview short. We have to come to Pledis as soon as classes end."

Seungkwan looked at me but I ignored his questioning eyes.

"Of course, we'll just ask very few questions. So, see you later, then. Bye!" She hurriedly went back to her friends and we continued walking to the classroom.

"I don't think the staffs will be mad if we won't come to Pledis early. Besides, we can even tell them that the school's interested and will feature us for the yearbook." Seungkwan told me.

"I can't stay here long."

"What? Why, but why hyung?" He asked.

"Because of Sujin, of course." I told him matter-of-factly.

I heard him sigh.

"You're really in love with her, aren't you hyung?" His smile slowly formed.

I can't help but to smile as well.

Well, if Wonwoo likes Sujin, then let the games begin. I won't back out just because they've known each other longer than we are.

I was tempted to tell Seungkwan and the other members that Wonwoo likes Sujin, too. But if Wonwoo finds out, that would make me like a coward because I was like trying to get all the members' sympathy for me and not for Wonwoo. I won't be this mad at him if he just told me before that he likes Sujin, too! I felt betrayed and insulted. Whenever we are in the practice room or in the dorm, I kept talking about Sujin and how we would be like when we're in a relationship but then, all my fantasies for Sujin was heard by Wonwoo - who probably fantasizes for Sujin too.

Well, it's still a long road for the both of us. Like what other people say, all is fair in love and war.

I'll give him his chance but once Sujin chooses me or shows any single sign of having feelings for me too, then I would tell him to know his place.

THE interview for the photobook has just started. The one interview I thought that was going to be simple and quick wasn't how it actually is. There were two student photographers on our sides while the girl a while back, is now in her formal uniform. Seungkwan and I are both sitting on a greek sofa. This looks so formal I don't actually think our casual clothes are fit for this interview. The school allows us, the future graduates to wear anything we want to for our last month in the school.

The interviewer bombarded us with questions. Almost all the time, I was glancing at my wrist watch. I don't want to be late. Sujin and her brother will go home from Pledis at six in the evening and it's already five. I want to at least see her again even if I have already seen her this morning.

It wasn't my normal self to frown but I can't help but to. The girl promised it would be quick but hell, it's already five thirty. The interview lasted half an hour?!

"Hyung, I'm so happy they recognized us! I can't wait for us to debut. I wonder how it feels to be like a real celebrity." Seungkwan sighs as he dreamily stares at the nothingness just to imagine what we would be like in the future after the debut. Me? I imagine Sujin with me althroughout this trainee-to-idol journey. She will be my inspiration. I want to make music for her. My forte is rap and I want to write meaningful lyrics for her.

IT was almost seven in the evening when Seungkwan and I got to Pledis. I know Sujin isn't here already. I got frustrated. Maybe, next time I'll tell her to wait for me.

Wait, what? Why would she wait for me. She'd be confused if I tell her to wait for me before going home, right?

Stupid Mingyu.

I went to the restroom first but I saw Sungjin hyung in the hallway.

"Sungjin hyung, why are you still here?" I asked politely. He was holding piles of folders.

"I needed to finish these papers before leaving tomorrow. I won't be here tomorrow. Sujin and I will go home and spend the weekend with our parents there."

I don't know what got into me but I just asked him a kind of question he won't expect...

"Can I come?"

(to be continued...)

Chapter Image: Like Seventeen