Soojin

Does He Love Me? Does He Love Me Not?

I knocked on the door and Wonwoo immediately opened it for me. He glanced at the person behind me.

"Why didn't you tell me you weren't feeling well? You got me worried." I told him and proceeded to go inside their dorm.

"I did feel well. I just felt something painful in my stomach tonight. Then I realized I haven't eaten lunch so I ate and now I feel well already."

I rolled my eyes and gave Wonwoo a glass of water and his medicine tablet.

"Here,"

"Uh, thanks."

I sat on the couch while watching him drink.

Meanwhile, Mingyu beside me. He sat so close to me and did not leave a space between us. I felt my cheeks burning when I remembered the kiss we had a while back. It was so embarassing! I don't know how it happened. I just want to forget about it but I know I can't. Everything about Mingyu is unforgettable.

Wonwoo looked at us suspiciously.

"Uhm, did you watch their performance today?" I asked Wonwoo to divert his mind from thinking about anything else.

He nodded.

"Yeah, and Jun and Mingyu's special performance."

I tried to smile.

Mingyu cleared his throat.

"I'll just go to my room and change clothes. Can you wait for me?" He asked me.

Oh gosh, can this be more embarassing?

I'm not so used to him like this.

"Okay." I answered.

He touched my hand and then left us two in the living room.

"Someone's no longer single, huh." Commented Wonwoo when Mingyu was out of sight.

I gave him a death glare.

"I'm still single."

"Really?"

"Yes!"

"You sound so defensive. And your eyes say it all."

What? What's he talking about?

"You're not good at lying. I can say you can't look at me in the eyes right now because you're hiding something from me."

"But I'm telling the truth. I don't know... I don't even know what's our status."

Wonwoo laughed.

"Well, why don't you ask Mingyu? I don't have the answer, he does."

So, when Mingyu came back wearing a simple black shirt and pants, I suddenly want to have an alone time with him so I can ask him what we really are.

Wonwoo told us he'll have to sleep in his room.

"Soojin, do you want something to eat?" Mingyu asked me. He is so close again. I was leaning on the couch and he's on my side who doesn't seem to be affected by my presence.

"I'm fine." I said and stared at his beauty. I can't seem to get my eyes off of his face. He is just so handsome. No wonder he became Seventeen's visual. And his lips, damn those lips. I can't look at his face without my eyes lowering at his kissable lips.

"Okay, let's just watch tv then."

There's a flat screen tv in the living room.

My eyes widened when he suddenly moved closer to me. No way. I am not yet ready for another kiss!

I moved my face and his face landed on my neck. I swear I felt shivers when I felt his breath right on the side of my neck. But he immediately pulled away.

"S-soojin, I'm sorry." He looked apologetic when he sat properly with a remote on his hand.

Wait, so he wasn't trying to kiss me? He just needed to move so he could get the remote?

My eyes went back to him and to the remote he was holding.

"Soojin, are you okay?"

Mingyu, Mingyu, Mingyu, why are you asking me if I'm okay. Do I look tensed right now?

"Let's just watch!" I grabbed the remote and searched for a nice show. I was smiling the whole time. I found a cartoon show. My original plan was just to look at the tv so I could avoid Mingyu's gaze but then the show was so funny that I actually liked it.

Then after a few minutes, I'm feeling something on my shoulders. I looked back and saw Mingyu's arm is making its way to my shoulders.

I stared at him in surprise.

"Mingyu..."

"I love seeing you smile." He smiled when he said that. I saw his imperfectly perfect teeth and I can't but to smile as well.

ARE WE BACK TOGETHER?

I want to ask him this so badly.

I swallowed the lump in my throat before I fire the question.

"Are we really back together, Mingyu?"

His face seemed surprised with my sudden question.

I mean, is it wrong to ask him? I just want a confirmation. I don't want to assume anything.

He opened his mouth and was about to answer me when we heard the door open.

The other members are here!

"Woah, look who's here!" Soonyoung grinned when he saw me.

The members looked tired. Mingyu stood when he saw me walked to the staff members. I told them that I was here in the dorm for the intention of checking on Wonwoo partly because I don't want them to think of anything suspicious about me and Mingyu.

"Let's have dinner!" Seungkwan said. All the members went to their rooms and changed.

Mingyu was talking to the members but I know he's checking on me, too. He's so obvious, damn it.

"Hyung, I'll drive Soojin home."

It's not a question. He's not asking the manager. He's simply telling the manager that he'll drive me home.

I want to say no but Mr. Ahn spoke.

"Why?"

I felt the tension in the air. I swear if Mingyu continues to act like this, then the public will eventually know about our... relationship. Dang, I don't even know if he's my boyfriend or not.

"Why not?" Mingyu responded.

Geez. What kind of answer is that?

"Well, you are not giving me a proper reason so no. You stay here. Soojin will be coming with us. We'll go home, now. Remind Wonwoo to take his meds, guys."

The staff members went out of the dorm one by one. I glared at Mingyu so he knows I am not that pleased with what he did. He just doesn't think before he acts, does he? He's acting way too fast. He should learn how to slow this all down first. It's not like all the people around us would easily get used to seeing us two together. Three long years passed and we can't be back to being the normal couple like we used to because of the huge fact that he's an idol now. A celebrity. A public figure.

I went home without knowing what to do next.

Should I call him?

I feel guilty that I did not even say goodbye to Mingyu but I'm so shy. I'm still a girl and I don't feel like making the first move.

I stayed in my room. I couldn't sleep. So many things happened today.

I became jealous. Then I told Mingyu I was jealous. Then he kissed me.

Ugh! What in the world should I do next? He hasn't even answered my question. He wasn't able to answer me about our relationship.

I heard my phone ringing. It was from an unknown number. I tapped the 'answer'.

"Soojin,"

"Huh? Who's this?"

The person on the other line cleared his throat.

"It's me, your Mingyu."

I blushed. I wanted to squeal and to jump over and over again on my bed.

Mingyu is calling me? He knows my number!

I breathed deeply. Inhale, exhale. I need to sound normal and not too excited just because he's calling me.

And what the heck did he just say? My Mingyu? Ugh! So cheesy!

"Uh, why are you calling me this late?" I asked. It's almost one in the morning.

"Because you looked mad a while ago. Did I say something wrong?" At least he's asking, right?

"You don't have to ask Mr. Ahn for you to drive me home."

"Oh, so I shouldn't ask him anymore. It's automatic that I'll be the one driving you home."

I face palmed. He can be dumb sometimes.

"No. Because you don't have to drive me home. I'm a staff of Seventeen so it's a given fact that I'll be with them because it's my job."

"Oh, okay."

If not for his breathing, I would assume the line is already off. Silence filled our conversation.

"But Soojin, about your question..."

What? What question?? And damn, I remembered my question about our relationship.

"Yes, I'd like to think that we have gotten back together. But, if you don't agree, then I'm fine with it, too. I will do my best to gain you back."

Oh my gosh, this romantic side of Kim Mingyu is killing me!

"Mingyu, three years was a long time. We were not part of each other's lives for three years. What if make up for the lost time first before jumping into the present?" It's true. I want to live in this moment. But that doesn't mean I would leave the past just like that. I want to know what happened in his life for the years that I was gone. I also want to tell him my side of story. I'm ready to tell him about the gloomiest time of my life.

"Okay, what do you want to know?"

I smiled. I want to ask him a lot of questions.

...

Uhm, I can't think of any questions for the meantime.

He's waiting. What should I ask him?

Come on, Soojin!

I closed my eyes and went back to where it all started. The friendship that we had even before we fell for each other, the way he told me he wants me to be his girlfriend. And, and, the kisses we shared. I can't remember us kissing more than thrice, I think. It's way too awkward to even think about it now. We were still seventeen back then.

"I've missed you." There, I said it.

I even heard Mingyu's gasp. I can imagine his surprised face if only he was here beside me.

"Wow," he spoke.

I can feel my heart thumping like crazy.

I giggled.

"I've missed your smile, your laugh, your giggle, how your nose and eyes crinkle when you laugh, your raspy yet deep voice, your face, the mole on your lower cheek. You see, I don't look like I give a care to the details but I do. I missed your tall height and I'm glad that you're still growing. I miss your baby yet manly scent. I miss how you outsmart me everytime we do homeworks. I miss your soft, black hair. I miss your imperfectly perfect teeth. I miss the way you sneeze endlessly. I miss you cooking for me. I miss everything about you, Kim Mingyu.