Soojin

Does He Love Me? Does He Love Me Not?

WONWOO and I were eating in the canteen when a girl approached us.

"Hello, Wonwoo." She was shyly smiling I can tell.

I looked at Wonwoo and nudged him to greet the girl back. He sighed.

"Hi."

"I am making a chocolate cake for you on Valentine's Day. Uhm, is it okay if I give it to you personally in Pledis?"

"I'm sorry, you can't."

My eyes got wide in shock when I heard his answer.

"Wonwoo-ya!" I warned him and gave him the take-back-your-words look.

He shrugged his shoulders.

I looked at the girl and I realized that she was already sobbing. She wiped her tears and immediately ran away.

"What a cruel bastard you are! Why did you do that to her?!" I was mad at hell. The people around have surely seen what happened and it might affect his image. I don't want him to debut with this kind of attitude branded on his name.

"The company told us not to accept any gifts from the fans especially if it is food."

"What?!" My voice raised.

What the hell? Why can't they accept gifts from fans? Why is it prohibited all of a sudden?! Did something happen when I stopped going in the Pledis building?

"Apparently, Chan was hospitalized from eating an expired cup noodles given to him by a fan that he met along the road."

"Omo, is Chan okay now? Wha- how did you know it's from a fan? What if he bought it himself?

Wonwoo shook his head.

"It was confirmed by our manager who was also there when the fan approached him. Now, the company is prohibiting us to accept the fan gifts. It was unfortunate but I think they just wanted to protect us from unexpected bad things to happen."

I understand... but I just feel bad for the fans who exert their full effort in preparing something for their idols.

"How's Chan? Has he recovered? We should go pay him a visit in the hospital." I told him.

"No, he's fine now. He's already discharged from the hospital five days ago."

Wonwoo glared at me.

"What?" I asked suspiciously.

"You didn't know what happened to Chan. You've been missing in Pledis for two weeks now. Why is that?"

I cleared my throat.

"I... well I'm busy."

I don't want him to mention Mingyu's name because I might look too obvious. Wonwoo might really think I like Mingyu.

"Busy? Busy with that? Sungjin hyung said you aren't doing anything at home except when you have to study."

I stood up.

"I don't want to talk about this." I said seriously.

I don't want someone to confuse me again with my emotions. I feel so weird right now. After realizing I have feelings for Mingyu too, I felt ecstatic yet so nervous. It's my first time to ever feel this way and I honestly don't know what to do about this or how to handle this.

"Seokmin, Mingyu and I are going to Myeongdong in Thursday."

Why is he telling me this? Does he want me to go there, too? He wants me to stalk them or something? Hell no.

"You'll miss the quiz, again." I told him nonchalantly.

He laughed.

"Yes, but it's still great to go to Myeongdong. We'll be giving chocolates to the girls there. We'll be able to see beautiful girls here and there. I'm so excited. I'm sure Seokmin and Mingyu are too."

I just ignored what he said and left him there.

WHY? WHY? Why would it have to be Mingyu? Why does he have to go in Myeongdong in Thursday? He'll surely see a lot of pretty girls there! And worse, he'll be giving them chocolates, too!

He's never given me a chocolate before.

So what if he hasn't given me chocolate?

Of course I'm affected! Because I like him! I've fallen for him. Even if I didn't want to, I couldn't control my feelings.

I took out my handphone and opened the message box.

I want to ask Mingyu if he really is going to Myeongdong. But wait! I shouldn't text him, right? He might have an idea that I like him already and he might reject me now because like what he said when we last saw each other, he said he would stop pursuing me. He already gave up on me.

That hurts.

Fine! I've decided. I'm going there, too.

WEDNESDAY night...

I dialled Wonwoo's number. It took two rings before he answered. It's almost midnight. I'm pretty sure he's not practicing.

"W-wonwoo,"

"Yes, Soojin?" I heard him yawn. Oh no. I should ask him now. It's now or never.

"Uhm, I just wanna know when will you arrive in Myeongdong and where exactly."

...
.....
......

Silence filled the air between us. I don't know what was happening to Wonwoo on the other line.

"Hey, are you stil there?" I asked. He might've fallen asleep already.

"Yes, yes, I'm sorry. I just covered my face with a pillow. I was laughing at your question. You obviously will be there. Hmmm."

"Huh? What are you saying? I was just asking b-because our teacher asked me if why are you excused again tomorrow. You know what, just forget about it. I'm sleeping now. Goodnight. Chalja!"

I dropped the call and just laid on my bed. This is not helping. I shouldn't have asked Wonwoo about it. I was that obvious that even just through a phone call, he sensed that I was asking questions for my own advantage.

It was a minute later when I received a text message from Wonwoo.

'Myeongdong
8 AM
February 14'

I fixed my glasses as I walked down the district of Myeongdong. I excused myself in school today and called my teacher. I told her I was sick and that I couldn't go to school. Good thing they believed me. I feel guilty, of course.

But I just want to take a look at Mingyu even from afar.

It was past eight in the morning. I woke up early just to be here. I don't like crowded places but this district is just so crowded even if it's still early in the morning.

I was walking for ten minutes now but I couldn't be able to find them. Wonwoo is with Seokmin and of course, Mingyu. I just want to know how he would react if he sees pretty girls approach her or accept his chocolate gift! Hmmmp!

"It tastes good!" I heard the girl who walked pass me.

"Yeah! I'll watch their program later to see all the members. I guess I'll be a fan of them when they debut." Girl 2

I headed straight to where the girls are from. I looked at the group of people and saw Mingyu there. He was giving away chocolates. Wonwoo was on his right side and Seokmin was on the left.

I just realized how these three were chosen to be the group's representative because they're the typical handsome standard in South Korea.

Mingyu is the tallest, I can easily see his smiling face from where I was standing.

The girls were giggling and smiling when they receive the gifts. This is one of the company's strategies to advertise these boys.

I walked closer and closer but not that close to let them see me.

They were talking nicely to the people around and were also waving at the cameras around them. I wanna tease and laugh when I saw how awkward Wonwoo looked like when he was talking to a girl.

Seokmin was all smiles, even his eyes were smiling, when he was handing the people gifts.

I also noticed Mingyu has an ear piercing in the both ears. He was wearing some kind of black piercings.

My eyes widened when I saw them walked farther.

"Excuse me, excuse me, coming through." I told the people around who made me feel like I was rushing things.

A huge body suddenly hit me and pushed me to the floor. I screamed in pain when I felt my knees brush the ground.

The person just looked at me and walked away.

"Watch your damn steps, ya babo!" I shouted.

I looked at my knees and I almost cried when I saw the blood.

Someone behind me cleared his throat.

"Mingyu????" I was panicking. I think he nows that I was following them.

"Soojin, what are you doing here?" Seokmin asked me.

"Uhm, nothing." I answered.

These three guys were looking down at me until Mingyu got down on one knee and lifted me up by carrying me.

"Mingyu, let me down." I told him. I don't like this kind of scene. Almost all that's passing by me have the curious face.

He looked at me straight into my eyes before saying,

"I will never let you down, remember that."

(to be continued...)