Soojin

Does He Love Me? Does He Love Me Not?

MINGYU seemed furious, I don't know why.

"Hey, don't worry. It's not like I'll be his girlfriend soon. My brother won't like that idea. I'm just having a hard time trying to act normal when Wonwoo's around knowing he feels something for me." I want to cringe.

"You should stop giving him signals as if you like him back. Maybe that's why he had the courage to confess."

My eyes widened.

"Of course, not. I treat you guys equally and you know that."

UNTIL we reached Pledis, he still kept talking about Wonwoo. I think I shouldn't have told Mingyu about this. It's getting more and more complicated.

We chose to go upstairs through the stairs. We reached the second floor when suddenly, Mingyu grabbed my wrists and made me face him. He's getting real weird.

"Sujin, tell me, what if Wonwoo really courts you. Does he have a chance?"

I was taken aback. His question never crossed my mind, actually. I just kept thinking about how I should act when Wonwoo's around but not whether he stands a chance or not.

"Sujin... do you happen to like Wonwoo as much as he likes you?"

I shook my head.

"I don't know, Mingyu. He's been really close to me and imagining my life without him makes me sad." I said with all honesty.

He let go of my wrists and we walked in silence.

Boys are complicated. They're making my head ache.

WONWOO and I attend the same high school. Which basically means I'll be seeing him today. The school we're attending is known for having plenty of korean idols and actors and actresses as students.

I have seen these idols in person and I honestly don't find anything special about being in the same school as celebrities. I sometimes find it unfair that these celebrities can excuse themselves in class just to attend to their jobs. But then, I should have an open mind about especially that my friends will be celebrities in the future, too.

I saw Wonwoo in the seat beside mine. Yep, we're classmates. How awkward can this be?

I smiled when I reached the seat.

"Sujin, were you with Mingyu yesterday?"

Ah, yes. He's talking about yesterday afternoon.

"Yup. I tagged along. I want to visit their school as well. It's been a long time since I visited a middle school. I suddenly miss Changwon." I was referring to our hometown.

"Me, too." He smiled.

Somehow, I know, something's changed. But I still want to be with him even if I know he likes me. It's not as if he'll like me forever. Soon enough, when we're older, he'll start liking someone else. His feelings for me might change.

"You wanna go back to Changwon? I have train tickets for weekend. I was thinking maybe you miss your parents there." He showed me two tickets.

"Wow, you already have a plan?" I asked.

"Uhm, yes. If it's okay with you. I want to visit my family, too. I kind of miss them." He said shyly.

I want to say yes. But Mingyu's words slipped into my mind.

You should stop giving him signals as if you like him back.

I should stop giving him signals...

"I'm sorry. I have to do something on that day. Maybe some other time?"

I nearly took back my words when I saw Wonwoo's reaction. He's kind of upset.

"Oh, okay. Some other time it is."

THE teacher entered the classroom and we all kept quiet. I was secretly glancing at Wonwoo who's eyes are fixed in the white board.

I want to say sorry.

I feel guilty. I'm making him sad because of my actions.

But then again, Mingyu said I should stop giving him signals as if I like him, too.

I should wait until Wonwoo's feelings for me fade. I hope it fades soon. I don't want to act like this around him anymore. It's killing me.

WE both went to Pledis after class. He went to the third floor and I waited for my brother in the lobby.

He entered the building few minutes after I arrived. He was with someone. It's a guy.

"Sujin," Sungjin oppa called me.

"This is Jisoo. He's from Miguk."

The guy has seemed shy but was able to introduce himself to me. His smile is so gentle, too.

"He's the new addition to Seventeen."

My eyes widened.

"Really? That's great!" I smiled at him and his smile is so warm and even his eyes curved as if forming into a smile.

"You play the guitar?" I eagerly asked him when I saw the guitar tied on his back.

"Yes, it's been my favorite instrument. I used this when I did my audition in the US." He answered. Even his voice is gentle and so sweet I don't think he'll fit manly concepts soon if he debuts but we'll see...

"We'll go now. I'll just introduce him to the guys and we'll go home after. I'll be quick." Sungjin said.

"Yeah, sure. It was nice meeting you, Jisoo." He smiled back.

I didn't know Pledis even has scouts in Miguk. Jisoo must be really great. I'm glad Pledis allows other races to join their company. In my opinion, it would be kind of boring not to have an international member in a group especially now that having foreign members is a trend in the music industry. I heard of many groups debuting with Chinese or American or Thai members.

SOON enough, Sungjin and I are already heading home.

"Aboji called today. He told us to visit them this weekend. Are you free?" My brother said while he was driving.

"Sure. I miss them, too."

And then I remembered Wonwoo telling me to go with him in Changwon. I should tell him I'm going with my brother this weekend so he won't get surprised once he sees me. He might think I purposely ignored his invitation.

FRIDAY morning, I woke up early to jog nearby. It's my hobby to jog or to walk when I'm free so I could lose some extra fats. I just hope my baby fats in my cheeks would disappear, too. Ha, I'm desperate not to look like a girl anymore. I want to be more like a lady.

I was wearing a pink tank top with my white jacket and black leggings and white rubber shoes. I was listening to some kpop songs while jogging. I feel so good knowing I'm enjoying this thing while losing weight.

I saw a girl dropped on one knee because she was running to go to an ice cream shop. She has shouder length black hair. I walked to her and guided her to stand.

"Hey kiddo, you okay?"

She glared at me. Whoa, did I say something wrong?

"Don't call me kiddo. I'm not a kid! I'm already thirteen!" She shouted at my face.

Owwwkay. I think I saw myself in her.

"Sorry, but are you alright though?"

He nodded.

"Yup. Thanks." She said half-heartedly.

"Minseo-ya!" I heard a familiar voice.

I looked around and saw Mingyu, who was also in his jogging attire. Coincidence.

"Stupid oppa! I'm here!" The girl waved at Mingyu.

I looked at the both of them and got surprised when I saw how similar their eyes are. She's like the girl version of Mingyu.

"Sujin?" He was pretty shocked too to see me.

"Is she your sister?" I asked him. I can't believe he has a sister. He never talked about that.

"Yeah. This is Minseo, Minseo, this is your unnie, Sujin."

"Let's eat ice cream! I'm hungry."

Mingyu laughed.

"Okay, baby girl. We'll go eat some ice cream. Sujin will join us."

WHAT? I almost said no but I know he'll insist. I guess I'll just stop my jogging schedule for today.

I chose vanilla ice cream, Mingyu and Minseo chose chocolate.

Minseo was busy eating and seemed oblivious of what's going on around her.

"You two were jogging, too?" I asked Mingyu.

"Yeah, she insisted to. Although I know we'll end up eating ice cream here. My sister's young but she thinks she should be a lady now. She wants to try makeup and other girly stuff. She's so conscious about herself that I hate it sometimes."

I smiled. She really is like me, then. She's like a thirteen year old version of me.

"I wonder what it feels like to have a younger sibling. I think if I have a younger brother or sister, I would spoil her to anything he or she wants."

"Yeah, it's nice having a younger sibling. Even if she's so perky sometimes, she can be sweet, too. She's so lovable that everyone around her likes her and I love her for being herself." Mingyu was looking intently into my eyes while he was talking. I don't know what's happening with the fast thumping of my heart but it's scary. Are we still talking about his sister or what? Of course, we're talking about his sister. Who else could it be?

I simply put my hand on my chest to calm myself. Oh, Sujin, get a hold of yourself!

(to be continued...)

Chapter Image: Recent photo of Mingyu's sister, Kim Minseo. :)