Soojin

Does He Love Me? Does He Love Me Not?

AFTER almost four hours of travel, we finally went safely home in Changwon. My loving parents were already outside and waiting for us. I hurriedly went out of the car and hugged them both.

"I miss you so much!" It wasn't easy to be away from my parents. I was used to live with them and it was so hard for me to move in Seoul and leave them here. Good thing my father visits us in Seoul whenever he has business meetings to attend to. He's one of the investors of a huge electronics company in South Korea. My mom used to be a music teacher but she quit her job to focus on raising me and my brother.

"Woah, who's with you? Is he your boyfriend, Sujin?" My father asked as Mingyu went out of the car. Oh, I almost forgot about him.

"No, no, he's my friend. Mom, dad, this is Mingyu. He's a Pledis trainee. He'll be debuting soon."

Mingyu smiled and greeted them.

We went inside the house to have something to eat. We just ate snacks during the ride. I was so hungry. I missed my mom's cooking, everything she cooks is delicious. It's a pity I wasn't able to acquire that talent. I was not born to cook, definitely.

My parents, especially my dad, kept intriguing Mingyu. Asking him what school he attends to, how old he is, where he is from, what his parents jobs are, etc. I want to stop them but everytime I try to, they'd just ignore me.

"Mingyu is a great dancer and a rapper." My brother added. I glared at him.

What are these people up to???

"Really? How long have you been training, Mingyu?" Mother asked him.

"Almost two years now." He answered confidently. He doesn't seem to be bothered with the questions they're asking him. It's like he's already prepared and ready to answer each questions.

"How do you manage your time being busy at school and being busy as a trainee? It'll be a sad news for your parents if you just focus on being a trainee than being a student. You know, parents are so strict about their kid's academic achievement." My father told him. What's with the sermon?

"He's the top of their class, dad. He's doing well in school and he's doing well as a trainee, too. He's a good guy." I can't help but to say. I just don't want Mingyu to feel as if being a trainee is a problem. It's his dream of being we're talking about here. He's worked hard for it.

All of them looked curiously at me.

"What? I'm just saying, we shouldn't him just because he's a student and at the same time a trainee." I defended.

Mingyu smiled at me. I admit, I got a bit angry when his fans, the two girls we saw in the convenience store a while back, kept getting his attention as if he's their boyfriend. I want to understand, alright. That it's a part of being an idol but I don't think I can handle any more of them in the future. I can be a fan, a supportive fan, but I know my limitations. I won't disturb my idol's private life. It's his right as a human being and not as an idol.

I took the time to stay in my room for a while. I laid on my bed and hugged my long pillow.

I didn't know how long I fell asleep. I quickly stood up and fixed myself. Geez! I've been sleeping for three hours now. I promised Mingyu I'd tour him around Changwon but I fell asleep! Damn. I don't know how to face him now.

I checked the guest room where he was staying but he wasn't there.

I went downstairs just to see my mom and my brother laughing as they teach Mingyu how to play the piano. We have a grand piano in the living room. It's my mom's favorite instrument. She also knows how to play the flute, the guitar, the violin and the drums. My mom is a perfect woman. She is a great wife and mother. She's everything I am not. I have too many flaws as her daughter but she still loves me so much and I love her for that.

Mingyu seemed to have a hard time learning how to play the piano. He has long fingers and he kept pressing the wrong key whenever he tries to play it.

"The princess has awaken!" Sungjin said as he saw me.

I frowned.

"I didn't know I fell asleep, I'm sorry."

I went straight to Mingyu.

"Hey, let's go to Gyeonghwa Station." He stood up. I peered at him.

"J-just the two of us?" He asked.

Is there a problem with that?

"I can't go with you two. I'll be meeting with the scouts later." My brother interrupted.

"Well, then, you two go and make sure you take lovely pictures. That place is awesome." My mother commented.

FEW minutes later, we already arrived in the famous place. Gyeonghwa Station is not just an ordinary station in Changwon but it is best known for being surrounded by trees filled with cherry blossoms, mostly pink cherry blossoms. Too bad, the trees weren't in full bloom this time but still very beautiful.

Since it's almost four in the afternoon, the place was already almost crowded. I regret coming here during this time. It was a better idea to go here early in the morning. Too many people were around, they were taking pictures here and there.

"Hey, we can just come back here tomorrow if you want." I struggled to look at Mingyu because people were blocking us.

He shook his head.

I gasped for air when he held my wrist.

"No, we're already here. I'll just hold you so we can't be apart."

My heart is thumping so fast I hate it.

THIS IS NOTHING TO HIM, ALRIGHT.

It should mean nothing to me, too.

We finally found a more deserted part and we stayed there under the cherry blossom tree.

I tried to reach for one cherry blossom but I can't reach it because I'm freaking small. Mingyu effortlessly reached for it and gave it to me.

"You can just ask me to do something you can't, Sujin. I'll be willing to help you."

I rolled my eyes.

"Stop it." I told him.

"Stop what?"

"Stop acting like my boyfriend when you're not. People might think we're in a relationship. Who knows, you might be meeting some fan girls around. I don't like to be in trouble just because they thought I'm your girlfriend."

I think my words were said in a wrong way. I wanted to take it all back when I saw Mingyu's upset expression. I wanted to say sorry.

"I'm sorry." He said.

WAIT. NO.

I should be the one to apologize. Why the hell is he apologizing? I think I went too far this time. Me and my big mouth.

Silence filled between us. I can't even look at him.

There's a group of people who positioned beside us and took pictures with the tree as the background. I want to invite Mingyu somewhere else.

"Hey, there are street foods here, too. Let's go there." I told him without glancing at him. I know he heard me. My voice was audible. I walked our way to the street vendors. They have different foods here, not just korean but also international foods at an affordable price.

I saw different kinds of kimbap and I wanted to taste every kind of it.

I looked in my back to see Mingyu but he was nowhere to be found!

I got nervous and worried at the same time.

I looked at my right and my left to find him but I can't see him anywhere. I even went back to the part where we stayed but he wasn't there, as well. I was biting nail. Where is he? I think I really hurt him with my words. I should've apologized!

I asked one person.

"Excuse me, uhm, have you seen a tall guy with black hair and he was wearing a white hoodie and jeans. He also has ear piercings on one ear."

I was hoping they'd know where he went but they said they didn't know where he was.

He's tall. I believe I can see him easily but why am I struggling to find him?

Omo, what if he really went away? He walked out and he hated me for what I said earlier. What if he's not missing and he just left me here because I hurt him.

I was a bit teary-eyed as I walked slowly with my head down. I got to walk in the railway without even realizing. I was too sad to see my surroundings.

I bumped into a person when I stepped forward. I was still in the railway.

I looked at the person and saw Mingyu with baffled look. He held my shoulders.

"Are you okay, Sujin? Where have you been?"

I couldn't stop myself from hugging him, in the middle of this famous train station, and in the middle of the busy people.

"Stupid! I should be the one asking you that! Where have you been? I thought you already left! I was so worried!" I was sobbing in his chest.

I know he's shocked. I am too. I didn't know my emotions would have this control over me. I don't find hugging in the public romantic but I'm doing it here, now.

He was caressing my hair.

"I'm sorry you got worried." Mingyu whispered.

I don't know what's with his voice but it made me tremble. I think I haven't encountered these kind of emotions before. This is all new to me.

I was about to apologize to him but my voice was overwhelmed by the claps I heard.

I moved and wiped my tears. Then I saw the tourists clapping their hands as if they've seen a very romantic scene straight from a movie.

My cheeks automatically flushed as I realized they were all looking at us.

Again, Mingyu held my wrist.

"Let's get out of here."

(to be continued...)

Chapter image: The famous Gyeonghwa Station in Changwon, Gyeongsangnamdo