Soojin

Does He Love Me? Does He Love Me Not?

I had to go to the Pledis building early in the morning. We divided the tasks for the day. Seventeen will be guesting tonight in My Little Television. It's a two-hour long broadcast in MBC.

The members are gearing up for their upcoming comeback and this broadcast would help them get more fans interested to them

We were in the office room when the members came in. I don't want to look tensed or anything. I want to act normal so the staff won't get a hint about what's going on between Mingyu and me.

But then, when he walked in the room, I can't take my eyes off of him.

He dyed his hair black. I mean, he looked good in brown and dark brown hair colors but with his black hair, he's just stunning. I felt nostalgic. He looked like the same Mingyu I know ever since pre-debut days.

"Soojin, Mingyu woke up early this morning to dye his hair. He said you wanted to see him with black hair, that's why." Soeokmin was so loud while talking to me.

I think I just blushed.

"I- I didn't ask him to dye his hair black. It's his free will to do so." I just answered.

"It's because you said last night that you missed my black hair." Mingyu spoke, making the entire conversation become more embarassing.

"Kids! You need to listen. This will be the program format for tonight's show where you will be guesting..." Mr. Ahn talked seriously and explained to them what's gonna happen.

I was just in one corner, glaring at Mingyu who keeps looking at my direction.

When the meeting was done and the staff are ready, they proceeded outside to ride the company cars.

I purposely signaled Mingyu to stay so I could talk to him.

"I don't like what you're doing, Mingyu."

He looked confused.

"Doing what? I'm n0t doing anything wrong."

He stepped closer to me until my eyes are on the same level as his chest. I had to look up to meet his eyes.

"Don't make it so obvious, okay? When we're here, and we're talking about business, then act like my colleague. We're colleagues. We need to act professionally so they would take us seriously."

He shrugged his shoulders.

"It's not like they'd get mad or anything."

I shook my head. I can't believe his reasoning.

"But your fans will surely get mad once they find out!"

Silence filled the air.

This is the sad truth, alright. Even though I still do not whether we're officially back together or not, I'm sure as hell the fans would probably get fuming mad once they find out about this. I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. I'd rather keep mum than to shout to the world how much I love a person when that would mean hurting other people's feelings.

"I don't know if I can treat you like a normal staff but I'll try." Mingyu sighed.

I know this is hard not just for me but for him, as well.

"I'm sorry. I just missed you so much that sometimes, I don't care about the people around us anymore. I tend to forget a lot of things when I'm with you because all I could ever think about is you. Soojin, give me time to teach myself how to act properly even when you're around. Because to be honest, I was used to take care of you everytime we're in the same place. It's hard not to think about anything else but you."

Owwwkay. This is becoming a lot cheesier and dramatic now.

I squeezed his hand.

"That doesn't mean we can't act like normal couples when it's just the two of us, Mingyu." I smiled.

"Okay," He said then pulled me closer for a hug.

I was surprised but wasn't pissed. It feels so good to be hugged by him.

"It's just the two of us here, I can do whatever the hell I want to do with my girlfriend. Right?"

I simply nod my head for approval.

On the way to MBC, the members rode in two vans while we, the staff, rode in a separate car.

The show is broadcasted every night and we arrived on the afternoon so there's no need to rush. We were welcomed and accommodated by the Malitel Team. They were all so kind.

While we were on the set, a familiar guy approached me.

"Soojin Han?"

I looked at the guy and I immediately smiled.

"Oh, hey!"

He's my classmate in the university. But unfortunately, I forgot his name. Now, I don't know whether to just ask him his name. I'm hesitating because I might sound rude.

"Are you working here?" I asked him. He's holding a camera lens. My question's so stupid, though. It's obvious that he's working here because he wears the same shirt as the other Malitel team.

"Actually, I'm just training here. It's still my first week. You haven't come to the class for days, huh?"

Now that he's mentioned. I remember, no scratch that, I forgot attending classes for three to four days now. I was so busy for the past few days. I need to make up for my absences. I have to remind myself that I have to finish the course that I enrolled even if it's just for a short-term.

I was about to answer him when the members came in. They're already groomed by the stylists. I noticed Mingyu's hair again. He just looks so fine with his hair and his clothes...

"So, you're working for the group Seventeen?" My classmate asked me again.

I nodded my head.

"Yes, as their junior manager. Let's do great in our jobs, alright?" I beamed at him.

"Alright! Hwaiting!"

He went back to what he was doing and I went to check on the script.

"Uhm, Soojin noona,"

I heard Minghao's voice on my side. Of all the members, he's the one I haven't had the chance to get close with so I'm kind of curious why he's talking to me.

"Yep?"

"Uhm, I, I just want to ask who were you talking with a while back? The guy holding the camera."

My eyes turned to Minghao and saw him looking at Mingyu who was pretending to sit on the chair. But you know, he's obviously observing me and Minghao.

"He's my classmate. Why?"

I have a wild guess and I think my guess is right.

Minghao wouldn't be interested in my conversation with my classmate so I guess someone just asked him to approach me. And that someone is definitely Mingyu!

I glared at Mingyu and he immediately looked at the other direction as if avoiding my gaze.

"Ah, I just want to know. I thought he's a new staff." Minghao nervously laughed. I pity this boy. He was just asked by his hyung to do this.

I left him there and went to Mingyu.

He immediately stood when he saw me.

"H-hi,"

I tried to maintain a stern expression.

"I'll fix your clothes." I made sure the other staff would hear what I said so they'd think I'm actually fixing his top.

"Next time, when you want to ask me questions, ask it straight and don't order your friends just to ask me. Minghao surely wasn't comfortable asking me who I was talking to a while ago."

He looked guilty but still tried to defend himself.

"I don't know what you're talking about, Soojin."

I widened my eyes for him to take me seriously.

"Are you sure?"

He looked so cute when he gulped. Maybe one more common thing about us two is that we both don't know how to lie. We're not good in lying so it's an obvious thing when someone says something that's not true.

He took a deep breath.

I'm still trying to fix the buttons of his shirt though if you look closely, I'm just buttoning and ing the first button of his shirt.

"I'm sorry, Soojin. I don't want to be nosy. You told me we need to put a boundary between our personal lives and professional lives. I don't want to look and sound like a jealous boyfriend but I just can't help but know who you were talking with. Yes, I asked Minghao to talk to you. He's supportive of our relationship. All the members know and probably even the staff know that there's something going on between us two."

I just found myself smiling.

"But we need to take it slow, remember? And as long as we trust each other, nothing will go wrong." I assured him.

Mingyu still did not look convinced.

"I'm sure I trust you and you trust me, too. But what about the guys who are trying to get your attention? It's them that I don't trust."

I grinned.

"My attention is all on you. I don't care about other guys. You're the most handsome man. You look dashing today with your hair and your shirt."

"Why is Mingyu wearing that kind of shirt? Don't we have anything else to make him wear other than that?" A not-so smiley Mr. Ahn came in the room and noticed Mingyu's hawaiian shirt.

I peeked at the stylists' expressions and they were kind of afraid of the manager's outburst.

"I don't think we need to change his shirt. He looks so good in these kind of shirts. I trust the coordi's choice for the members. It fits Mingyu." I spoke.

All the people turned to me.

"Really?" Mingyu's smile caught me off guard. He looked satisfied that I complimented him.

Doesn't this man know he's handsome? He must have heard a lot of compliments from other people. He should get used to it.

"Yes." I winked at him.

The show went well. Luckily, Seventeen got the 1st place for the show thanks to the fans who watched live.

Another long, tiring week is over.

I started the monday by going to the university to attend my class.

Seventeen continued to practice for their comeback soon. And I just found out that it's confirmed by the management that Wonwoo won't be joining the group for the whole promotions. I feel sad about it but I know health is more important.

After their dance practice, I got to eat lunch with the staff.

"Soojin, are you sure you won't be joining the team in New York?"

Unfortunately, I have no plans of joining the group in the Kcon that will be happening on the 24th of June. I need to catch up to my classes and the management just chose some few staff members. I was in the original list of who'll join but I had to stay here in Seoul. I also have to attend to my younger brother's upcoming taekwondo competition.

When we went back to the building, I found Mingyu alone with his laptop in one corner of the practice room. The members went to the dorm for a quick shower, I guess.

"Why don't you come with us in New York?" He immediately asked me just when I was about to sit beside him.

"I have things to do. Besides, you'll just be away for a few days."

"Right. I was able to endure three years without you. A few days will be so much easier."

I smiled. I know he's just trying to cheer himself up.

"But damn it, I'll miss you, Soojin." He set aside his laptop and kissed my cheek.

I'll miss him, too.