Soojin

Does He Love Me? Does He Love Me Not?

"That would be all for today, everyone. You can go now. Thank you for coming." It's been three days since I have attended the training for the Pledis Arts Project. I am majoring in videography and video editing. My parents knew about it and bought me the latest video camera in the market. I guess they're glad that I'm keeping myself busy.

The irony is, this training is being held in the Pledis building, first floor. I have been back here for three days but I haven't seen Mingyu. Maybe because he's still in school during the sessions. After school, at six pm, I head straight here and stay until eight thirty. My brother and I will eat dinner outside and he'll let me take the subway to go home. He needs to stay in Pledis for a couple more hours because of they're actually preparing for the second season of 17tv.

I was surprised when I found out that they'll be having a second season of their show. I thought they'd just be out for one season and then Pledis will debut them after enough episodes of exposing the members but I guess I was wrong. Maybe Pledis thinks the members need a little bit more time to prepare.

I just hope the members will achieve their dreams of debuting soon.

A month later, I was already in love with the my camera and video editing. I've always been praised for learning fast and my brother seemed proud about it, too. I have the latest softwares for videography and I was always busy making my own videos I filmed in the beach, in the streets, in the market, anywhere. I present the videos to my brother and he likes most of it.

"When you graduate high school, I think it's a good idea you take an arts course. You seem good at doing these things." Sungjin said while looking at my latest edited video.

"Well, that'll be two years from now." I smiled as I get excited at the feeling of graduating in high school. I'm still seventeen and how I wish I could make the time run faster and make me an official adult so I can do whatever I want to do in life. I want to travel and see places I beautifully. I want to capture every happy moments in the world.

After the fourth night, I went out last because I was busy scanning the features of my camera. I wanted to do something mediterranean style of a video. I held the door and went out. I walked and didn't mind the world when I suddenly felt my arm brushed something cold. I froze when I saw Mingyu on my right side. He was eyeing me while holding a tissue. What's that tissue for?

"Soojin," This is the first time I heard him say my name since a very long time. I felt my heart skipped a beat.

But I also noticed that his voice is kind of different from what it used to be. It sounds like he's sick or something.

He wiped his nose a tissue.

"Is that what's keeping you busy?" He asked again and looked at digital single lens reflex.

Why is he talking to me like this? I will never forget what happened in Myungdeong and how he ignored me when the people there were talking behind me.

I eyed him closely and put my palm on his neck. He flinched.

"Omo, you're really sick. You talk to me so friendly as if nothing happened. You're really sick, Mingyu." I told him and walked away.

I didn't care if I sounded like a . I didn't care even if he called my name. I just want him to know that I found my passion now and I'm slowly fading apart from him.

I was about to exit from the building when two of the girl trainees approached me. They do look familiar but I can't remember their names.

"You better stop flirting with Mingyu or any of the Seventeen members." One girl told me while crossing her arms.

"Stop following them!" The other girl said.

I creased my forehead.

"Huh? First of all, you are not my parents neither my unnies to talk to me like that. You don't have the right to order me anything. You shouldn't instruct me what to do because you are not related to me at all. Secondly, perhaps you should have a nice introduction the next time you see me so I can know who you two are because I honestly don't know you. And thirdly, Mingyu is not your boyfriend to tell me to stop flirting with him, although I am not. But even if I am flirting with him, so? What's wrong with that? He's single and so am I. Nothing's wrong when two people are available."

The two girls almost dropped their jaws as they heard what I said.

"How dare you-"

I cut her speech.

"Yes, go on, dare me." I fiercely faced them and walked away with a victorious smile on my lips.

Well, it's not that bad to defend yourself.

TALENT show - a kind of show schools usually do to encourage the students to participate and show off their skills in various aspects.

I was never a fan of singing and dancing. I didn't like both simply because I'm not good in both.

"But oppa, I have school works to do. I need to stay in school tomorrow morning." I reasoned out.

My brother registered my name in one of the official photographers of a talent show that's happening tomorrow in a high school. Yes, I consider myself a great learner but that doesn't mean I'm ready to go in an official event to cover it with my shots.

What if someone won't like my shot? What if they don't get impressed?

Oh no, I just don't want to feel bad when someone sees my work and ends up unimpressed.

"If I don't believe in you, I won't put your name there. Don't worry, it's a not-so formal event. You just need to take pictures of what's happening."

I can't say no then. I have no choice.

I was up early to prepare for my things. My brother told me that the school is located in Seongdong District which was like thirty minutes away from our house.

"Seoul Broadcasting High School..." I read the name of the high school as I entered the campus.

The students are mostly my age. They seem to be so excited about something.

The guard escorted me until I reached the school auditorium. I was actually surprised to see that it is packed with audience. In our school, events like this doesn't really attract the people. They needed to do it mandatorily so they would come.

I introduced myself to the people behind the stage. They guided me and told me to be in front of the stage so I would capture the moments from this event. I was already sitting in front when the host appeared. She looks like a student as well. She was so cheerful which made the audience get more hyped.

"Now, for the first contestant..." They called the first person to perform.

It was a guy who did an operatic song. Everyone was surprised, even I, because first, when he came out, people snorted at his weak appearance. He looked shy plus he's so skinny. Even skinnier than Wonwoo! Skinngy guys aren't really my type. I want a guy who has some muscles in his body. Not because I want him to be y but I want my guy to look healthy.

"Wow!" I yelled as I was so impressed with him. Even the other students applauded him after his performance.

The second performer was a girl group consisted of seven members. They danced to the most popular girl group songs from Kpop.

The third one was a solo singer plus a keyboardist. She sang nicely and played the instrument really well.

I was busy fixing the lens of my camera when the crowd went wild. I can hear the girls shouting their lungs out.

It was the moment that I looked up at the stage when I realized who was there.

"Mingyu," I was so shocked. I didn't know he's studying here!

The lights weren't that bright because the band was still preparing. Mingyu's attention was fixed in the bass guitar that he was holding. I know he's playing instruments but I didn't know he'd look this good with that guitar. He looks good in anything anyway. I shouldn't be surprised at all.

The vocalist began the countdown and then the lights went brighter. I can see Mingyu clearly now.

He smiled as he saw the crowd cheering for them and then he looked at my direction.

I gulped.

I can't move an inch. I can't even take a picture.

The vocalist was already singing but then, Mingyu stopped playing the guitar. He was still looking at me with his mouth partly opened.

Oh no, why isn't he playing?

I noticed his bandmates looking at him, too.

What's happening to him?

"Why did Mingyu stop?" I heard one of the crowd asked.

"I don't know. Maybe he's nervous."

"Go Mingyu! We support you!"

I avoided Mingyu's gaze but I noticed in my peripheral vision that he was able to carry on.

The performance ended. Thank goodness, I was able to continue doing my job until the last performance. The head of the school was talking when I decided to go back to my seat. I reviewed the pictures I took a while back when someone sat beside me.

"What are you doing here?" It was Mingyu's voice.

My eyes widened. The girls were looking at us.

"What are you doing here? You should be in the backstage." I told him. I want to push him away for now because I don't want to attract some attention.

But he ignored what I said.

"I need to go here because my classmates can't help but to check out that beautiful and y photographer which happened to be you. I can't stay there and hear their comments about you. They should know who owns you." Mingyu smiled, that same smile I missed when we drifted apart.

I felt my heart beat faster.

"No one owns me just so you know."

He just chuckled.

Oh no, this isn't getting anywhere.

"Fine, fine, I'll go back in the backstage now but after this, we need to talk and settle the things between us once and for all. You're not going anywhere without me. And even if you try, I won't let you slip away easily."

(to be continued...)