Mingyu

Does He Love Me? Does He Love Me Not?

TODAY is going to be a happy day for me, that's for sure!

I woke up early in the morning to prepare my things. Actually, I already prepared and packed my things in the bag last night. I told Seungcheol hyung and Doyoon hyung, since they're the eldest, that I'll be out of town for the weekend and that I'll be in Changwon with Sujin.

They just laughed and did not believe me. They had to call Sungjin hyung to confirm it. It's okay. I wasn't offended. I'm too happy to get mad either.

Because I'll be with Sujin and will be meeting her parents! How cool is that? I want them to know how much I love their daughter and how much I want to ask their daughter's hand in marriage. Oh, . What am I thinking? My thoughts are driving me insane. It's too soon to ask her hand in marriage. She doesn't even know I have feelings for her. She's just too dense that whatever I do, she doesn't see anything romantic in it. Or maybe, I am not that romantic? Hmmm. Maybe I should show more of my gentle side and not the funny, always joking and teasing side. Right, I'll do just that.

"Hi!" I was all smiles when I saw the morning face of Sujin. She was still in her pyjamas and I can't help but to be amazed at how she looks good in it and how beautiful her bare face is.

And then I remembered, I shouldn't show her of my too funny and friendly side of me. I want her to see me as the guy who likes her. Right. I smiled a little and nodded at her.

"Why are you here?" Her eyes widened.

"I'm going with you and your brother. Your brother invited me to go to Changwon. I would love to see the cherry blossoms there!" I said excitedly. I can't help but to show my excitement with the idea that I'll be with her in their hometown, where she grew up.

"I didn't invite you. You asked if you could come, remember? And it's January, spring's not here yet. You can't see cherry blossoms when we go there." Sungjin hyung appeared from the kitchen. He was ready to go. I guess he was just having a coffee first.

"Really? You wanted to join us, Mingyu? But wouldn't that change your training schedule? Have you told the staff in Pledis about you coming with us?" Sujin asked.

I breathed deeply. I didn't want Sujin to know that I volunteered to go with them but Sungjin already said it. I guess there's no time for denying. Besides, my goal is to let Sujin know that I like her, right?

"I just ah..." I can't think of any reason, damn it.

"Yes, we already asked the staff and they agreed. Actually, Mingyu's a bit sad because he misses his family but his family is having a vacation in China. That's why he asked if would come with us, instead." Sungjin hyung abruptly answered for me.

My family is definitely not in other country right now but that's fine, I guess a little white lie won't hurt.

We waited for Sujin to get ready. She was being reprimanded for waking up late but I was just chuckling. These two siblings are funny. They always make fun of each other.

WE used Sungjin's car to travel from Seoul to Changwon. I was sitting on the backseat while Sujin was on the passenger's seat and Sungjin was the one driving.

"Do you know how to drive, Mingyu?" Asked Sungjin.

"No. I haven't learned it." I answered.

He chuckled.

"Really? I'll be teaching Sujin how to drive when she turns 18 so she'll be ready when she wants to get her driver's license. I guess it would be funny to imagine that Sujin might be better in driving than his future boyfriend."

"I don't need a boyfriend to drive me home. I can drive by myself." Sujin agreed. Sungjin kept looking at me in the rearview mirror as if to see my reaction.

I frowned.

I'll probably enroll in a driving class when I'm free.

WE were on the road for almost an hour now. I was keeping myself busy by watching the latest music videos in my phone. I want to talk to Sujin about anything under the sun but her brother is here so I won't make a move, yet. I would be too obvious if I start talking nonstop to her.

Sujin said she was hungry and so Sungjin stopped the car to park in front of a convenience store.

"You two go. I'll just wait for you here. Be quick." He handed Sujin a card for the payment.

She chose some snacks and onion rings. I got a Pepero with me. I wasn't really hungry but I remembered eating this with my sister and I liked the taste so I just decided to buy this one. We also got some bottled juice drinks. We lined up to pay in the cashier. I insisted on paying with my own money but Sujin didn't agree. She looked mad at me for volunteering to pay for my own. I actually got pretty scared.

"Well, if you keep insisting you'll pay, I won't let you go with us anymore." She has the cutest pout ever I wanted to kiss her.

Oh, . Where did that idea come from?

"Excuse me, excuse me," Two girls were lightly patting my shoulder.

I faced them.

"Yes?"

The girls look like my age or younger, I don't know. I don't even know them.

"You're mister wristband, right? Even if you're not wearing a wristband, I know you are mister wristband from 17TV." One of the girls said.

"We've been watching your show and I can't wait to the time when they will reveal all your names. But I know you're Kim Mingyu. You're the most handsome one." The girls giggled.

I looked at Sujin who was just eyeing the two girls. I don't know what's going on inside her mind.

"Yes, I am Mingyu. Thank you for supporting the show. But I'm sorry, we have to go now." I held Sujin's wrist. She looked at me, stunned.

"Wait, why are you leaving already? And who is she?" Girl 1.

"Omo! Is she your girlfriend? You already have a girlfriend?!" Girl 2.

I hate to say this but I'm starting to get annoyed. I don't want this day to be ruined because of them.

"No! I'm not his girlfriend." Sujin was quick to answer. I think she's getting pissed as well.

"Then, who are you?" Girl 1 asked. Why do they even need to ask? It doesn't matter. Sujin shouldn't be dragged into this mess. I need to move before anything worse happen.

"We'll go now, sorry. Goodbye." I grabbed Sujin's wrist again and we went outside of the convenience store.

"What took you so long?" Sungjin asked when we went inside the car. He was already playing some music in the radio.

"Mingyu had fans over there. They thought I was his girlfriend." Sujin was the one who answered.

"Really???" Sungjin was laughing hard.

"And what did you do?"

"Of course, I said I wasn't his girlfriend. Geez, they looked mad at me for being with Mingyu. I can't imagine the life of Mingyu's future girlfriend especially when fans know about them. Like that would be so hard. People would start bashing and attacking the girl without even doing anything. They'll hate her for just breathing." Sujin folded her arms.

I was again, speechless. I didn't know she'd think the life of my future girlfriend would be that excruaciating. Aren't there any pros of being my girlfriend? She clearly doesn't want to be that kind of girl.

What should I do to convince her that it's okay to be my girl? I can't see anyone fit for that role except for her.

Her bestfriend, Wonwoo, confessed to her and she just rejected him. She started avoiding him. Will the same thing happen to me? How will she treat me after I tell her I'd like her to be my girlfriend?

(to be continued...)

Image Chapter: Pre-debut Mingyu :)