Soojin

Does He Love Me? Does He Love Me Not?

17

IT'S been almost two months since Mingyu and I are together. We don't the people around us about us but I think they have a clue since we're always seen together. Even my brother seems to approve of it.

"Finding Music Friends?" I asked him as he was explaining to me how would the first episode of Seventeen TV Season 2 differ from the first season.

"Yep, which basically means we have fans who will be joining us and will be our music friends." Mingyu answered while slurping the ramyun. We are both in a convenience store near Pledis. We were both hungry so he said he'll treat me ramyun. I find these 'dates' better than those romantic dinner. I just don't want my boyfriend to spend a lot of money for just one dinner.

"Hmmm, will there be girls?" I don't wanna sound obvious with my question but Mingyu is Mingyu and he knows me too well.

He looked at me and a smirk slowly formed in his lips.

"Of course." He said as if I was asking a stupid question.

I shrugged my shoulders.

"Okay."

I heard Mingyu laughing but I ignored him and continued eating instead. I hate this. Why do I feel so annoyed with his laugh? Am I too obvious? Would he think that I worry about him meeting other girls? But he's gonna be an idol soon. A celebrity. Of course, he'll meet plenty of pretty girls soon. I don't think I can handle it.

I shook my head.

I don't want to overthink things.

He's mine. I shouldn't worry about it.

"Finding Music Friends... We will meet new friends, Soojin. It's not as if I'll be meeting someone to flirt with. I'm loyal to you." He insisted.

"I know, I'm sorry." I don't know what to say anymore. There's no point in denying anyway.

"I'll let you meet those friends later. You should be friends with them, too." He suggested.

I forced a smile.

Mingyu moved closer when he noticed my expression.

"As much as I want you to get jealous because you're so cute when you get jealous, I still don't want you to feel conscious and insecure so please, stop worrying. I am in love with only you." He smiled genuinely and pinched my cheek. He loves playing with my cheeks because it's so fluffy and rosy, according to him.

"Stop it." I told him seriously when he pinched my nose this time.

"My jealous Soojin is so cute!" He exclaimed and smiled even wider.

I was about to stop him again when I saw the Pledis girls entered the convenient store. They're five people and they look like they just got out of the practice room.

Mingyu seemed oblivious of their presence but not that long because they walked towards our seats.

"Mingyu oppa," One of them called him.

He looked back and waved at them.

"Hey,"

They're all so pretty and skinny I'm envious.

"You look good with that cap!" One of the giggled while complimenting him. I looked at his red snapback and it actually looks plain and simple.

"He looks good in anything, anyway." The eldest of them said. She's Nayoung.

Mingyu just answered their compliments with a laughter. His laughter is so different when he was making fun of me a while back.

"Anyway, we better go now. We might be disturbing you two." Nayoung said and gazed at me.

Mingyu waved them goodbye.

How will a girlfriend feel when her boyfriend is surrounded by tons of beautiful girls? Will you blame her for being jealous? Will you blame her for always getting self-conscious because someone might look better than her in her boyfriend's eyes?

Because that's exactly how I feel right now.

WE went quietly back in the Pledis building. Mingyu is his usual self, talking and talking but I kept my mouth shut most of the time.

I saw Wonwoo from the elevator and he immediately walked to me.

"Soojin, don't forget about our group project tomorrow at Sumin's house." Wonwoo and I are from the same group in one of our projects in physical science. I may be smart in some aspects of education but science is not really for me. I literally stay up all night just for that subject.

"Sure, have you told your manager noona about it?" I asked him.

"Yeah, they allowed me. They said I'll just go home as soon as our group study ends."

I smiled at him.

"See you tomorrow, then."

Mingyu cleared his throat and put an arm around my shoulders. What the?

"Mind if I join?" He asked.

My eyes narrowed at him.

"And why would you join us?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Because... well, I just want to. I want to help."

"You will be no help. We're a year higher than you in high school, remember?" I told him. I just don't want him to absent tomorrow just for this.

"And Wonwoo hyung will be a huge help, huh." He said almost sarcastically.

"Of course, he's my groupmate and classmate. He knows our subject more than you do." I just don't want o argue anymore. Mingyu's sweet and all but when it comes to Wonwoo, he'll always act like so obviously jealous.

"I will come with you." He insisted.

"No." I answered firmly.

"Your 'no' won't stop me, Soojin."

My eyes widened and I just walked out and entered the elevator. He swiftly joined me inside and then he pressed the 3rd floor button.

"I just don't understand, Soojin. You'll be with Wonwoo. You'll be alone with him." Mingyu's voice's almost begging.

"Don't you trust me?" I asked him with frustration evident in my voice.

He held my hand.

"I trust you, baby. It's him I don't trust."

I pulled my hand back.

I can't believe he's saying this!

"You're unbelievable! He treats you like a family, like a brother and yet, truth is, you don't trust him?!"

Mingyu sighed as if he's tired talking.

"Yes, he's like a brother to me, too. But the fact will always remain - he likes you and he courted you before."

I wanted to answer him but then my phone rang. It's my brother.

"Soojin, I know you're with Mingyu. Seventeen TV will start in five minutes. He needs to be here now."

I looked at him again.

"The show's starting. You need to be there now."

He nodded.

"I'll see you later, okay?" Now he looks so gentle.

I just nodded.

I went straight to the washroom to pee. I also looked at my face. I saw a Pledis trainee walked in when I was looking at my reflection in the mirror.

I don't know her but she looks like she knows me. She looked at me from head to toe as if scrutinizing me.

I creased my forehead. I wasn't taught by my parents to fight that easily but I know when to defend myself when needed.

"You're Soojin, right?" She asked me.

"I'm sorry, I don't know you but to answer your question, yes, I'm Soojin." I answered.

"What did Mingyu oppa like about you? I mean, you're just simple and plain." She said in a mocking tone. What the hell? I don't know if thsi girl is older or younger than me but she surely doesn't know how to respect me.

"Wait, so this is about Mingyu liking me? Why don't you ask him personally about that question. I'm sure he'd answer you honestly if you do ask him." I said confidently.

She looks like she's pissed off or something. I don't care anymore. I'm annoyed.

The girl looked at her reflection in the mirror too. She's maybe three inches taller than me. I hate my height, like really.

"Never mind. I know you two will break up soon. He's gonna be a celebrity and you? You're just you."

I can't believe the girl's last statement hit me hard in the face. It was a realization to me. My brother Sungjin is in the green room now with the rest of the noonas and hyungs of Seventeen members. They're inside to guide everyone in the first episode of Seventeen TV.

I was just looking at the monitor outside. It's not that I'm not allowed to go in but I just chose to be here.

I see they're being grouped into several groups now. I saw Mingyu with Seungcheol, Dongjin and the 'new friends' he was talking about before. But it was just one girl. She looked so shy when she was with them. I smiled. I know how it feels. How overwhelming the feeling to be around handsome, young boys.

They were divided into rap groups, dance groups and vocal groups. Mingyu's in the rap group.

I laughed when Seokmin's teammate told him he's handsome. Mingyu was also giggling beside them. Yes, giggle. I have noticed Mingyu's 'unique' laugh that is not really a laugh. It's a giggle for me. And for a man as tall and as manly as Mingyu, his giggle looks girly. But then again, it's just one of the many things I love about him.

I enjoyed watching them for almost two hours.

The 'music friends' got out of the room first. I greeted them and they looked at me and smiled.

Seventeen members came out of the room after formally bidding goodbye to the viewers. Mingyu immediately saw me and walked towards me.

He held my hand. I am blushing really shyly when I noticed some of the members noticed us. They don't seem to mind but I am not just a fan of public display of affection. I'd rather do it when it's just the two of us.

"Wonwoo hyung asked me to go with you tomorrow. And it won't conflict with our schedule because your group study will be tomorrow afternoon at 1 pm." Mingyu informed me.

I sighed.

He's leaving me with no choice.

"Fine, as if I can stop you." A smile formed on my lips when I saw him satisfied with my answer.

"I'll just call you then." He held my hand tighter. As if telling me that it's the only thing he could do because we're not alone together now.

"Okay." I answered. I bit my lip. I want to kiss him. Mingyu's really manly for his age. He's so tall and so handsome. I can't blame the girls who have a crush on him. He's complete package.

When we had our first kiss, that moment is pictured in my mind forever. My mind will never forget his face when he kissed me. The way his lips tasted...

"Soojin," I instantly pulled my hand back when I saw my brother near us.

"Oppa," I called him.

"We need to go home now." Sungjin said seriously.

Mingyu also looked confused. Sungjin doesn't act like this most of the time.

"We'll go now." I told Mingyu.

"Okay, good night." He bit his lower lip just like how I did a while back.

MY brother was so quiet when he was driving back home. I cleared my throat.

"Is everything alright, Sungjin?" I can't help but ask.

"We'll go back to Changwon on Saturday." He said seriously.

I beamed.

"Good, then. I miss our parents."

He didn't respond after that. Maybe Sungjin is just tired from work.

I just stayed at home for the whole morning the next day. I was busy learning some editing with my latest editing software. Mingyu's birthday is approaching and I want to give him a compilation of his videos and pictures saved in my phone. We don't take selcas that much but I often take pictures of him when he's not aware.

When it was already 12 in the afternoon, I already went downstairs to eat some lunch.

Sungjin's in Pledis now and he knows I have to go somewhere at 1.

The doorbell from outside rang and I walked outside to see who it is.

I was surprised to see Mingyu still in his school uniform.

"What are you doing here?"

"We'll go together whereever you're going."

"Fine."

I let him get inside the house. He sat beside me in the kitchen counter. I got him a plate and some rice and chicken, the same meal I was eating.

"Eat." I told him.

"I'm not hungry. You eat."

I raised an eyebrow.

"I'm already eating. You should eat, too." I pushed the plate closer to him.

"I'm not really hungry, Soojin." He still declined.

"Mingyu..." I said in a warning tone. I don't want to sound bossy but I just really want to see him eat right now. I have this feeling that he's lying about not being hungry.

He sighed deeply.

"Fine, if that's what you want, boss."

I eyed him as I heard the last word.

"I just want you to eat and you're acting like that?" I said in an annoyed tone.

Mingyu laughed.

"Acting like what? I'm already eating. Please dont' get mad, boss."

WHAT?

"Why are you calling me boss?" I asked in a frustrated tone.

"Because you're my boss. I'll do anything you wish."

My heart skipped a beat when I saw how genuine his tone was.

"You'll be the boss in times like this, but not when..." Mingyu purposely hang his words mid-sentence.

I felt my cheeks blushed. Why do I sense something nasty about his statement?

"When????" I want him to continue his sentence but he just shrugged and laughed.

I lightly poked his shoulder.

"I hate you!"

He just grinned.

"Oh Soojin, I know you don't mean that. You love me."

He really knows how to make me smile.

WE were busy during the afternoon. I was sitting beside Mingyu who was busy explaining to my groupmates how the history of earth science works. Wonwoo and I looked at each other and rolled our eyes. Mingyu is smart, that's given. But that doesn't mean we'll have to depend on him for our group project.

"Mingyu," I tapped his shoulder.

He stopped talking to my groupmates and looked at me.

"Yes, Soojin?" His voice was so sweet and gentle, damn it! I even heard the two girls in my group giggle because of his romantic voice.

"You've helped enough, Mingyu. We'll be in charge now." I said as if reminding him that he's not our classmate to seriously participate here.

"No, it's fine."

I narrowed my eyes and said,

"Mingyu..." In a tone he knows he won't be able to compare.

"Alright, alright, you're the boss."

The two girls, again, chortled.

"You have a sweet boyfriend, Soojin. You're so lucky!" One of them even commented.

Mingyu stood.

"Nope, I'm the lucky one, not her." Mingyu said and kissed me on the forehead before heading to the couch and sat there.

I can feel all the heat on my cheeks as my eyes widened with what he did.

Did he just kiss me in front of these people?!

Wonwoo shook his head.

"Let's contine," He just said and we carried on with the project.

THE relationship I have with Mingyu continued smoothly as I wish. When I have trouble getting some of the things in my life together, he'd immediately be there for me. It wasn't perfect though. We had some small quarrels but he'll always make sure to be the one to apologize first. There was one time we fought about him getting jealous of my classmate because he saw the text message that classmate sent to me. I already explained myself to him but he didn't seem to believe it. I got mad and I didn't receive his calls nor reply to his texts. But then, he called my brother's number so he could just talk and say sorry to me. I feel like being bratty sometimes because I know he'd always be patient for me. I don't want to be this spoiled but I just love this feeling of him cherishing me this way.

"What are you thinking?" Mingyu was hugging me from behind as we watch the colorful lights of Han River dance along the wind. It was a Sunday night, a free day for the members and we decided to date here. It's his birthday actually. He said he doesn't want any surprises from me and that he just wants to spend the night with me. Ehrm, spend the night here at the park of the Han River of course. My brother said I'm allowed to be out until 11 in the evening. We still have one hour.

I moved and got my bag. There was a box inside. I handed it to him.

Mingyu smiled and looked a bit surprised.

"I told you, you don't have to give me something, Soojin."

I pouted.

"Just open it! I learned how to bake through a tutorial I watched on Youtube. So I thought it would be better if I make a cake for you instead of buying one."

He opened it and saw a round cake with lots of sprinkles and marshmallows on it. A white candle was on top of the chocolate cake.

"Happy birthday to my Mingyu. From, boss." Mingyu smiled even wider as he read the greeting written on the cake.

He dipped one finger on the cake and tasted it. I blushed as I saw him grinned. I knew it, he did that on purpose. He thinks I'll be seduced just because he did that?! Huh! No!

"Tastes good! But your lips taste better." Mingyu winked and leaned to me.

I quickly moved away but he was so swift to block me with his arms. He lowered his head to level with mine.

"Thank you, boss. I love you."

I smiled and grabbed his nape.

"I love you, too."

And then we shared one deep, sweet kiss under the moonlight.

MINGYU made sure I go inside the house before he left. I was all smiles when I entered my room. I hope I made him happy since it's his special day today.

I had a good night sleep that night.

But, the next morning, I heard huge knocks on the door of my room.

"Wait!" I stood up from the bed, annoyed. I don't know what my brother is up to but this better be important because he just ruined my beauty rest.

I opened the door and saw Sungjin with his tired, sad eyes.

"Pack your things, Soojin. We'll leave for Changwon." He told me.

I creased my forehead.

"What? Why so sudden? Is everything okay?" I asked him. I'm feeling scared now. I know him, he won't scare me like this for nothing.

"Everything's wrong! You need to help me fix this. We need to go back to Changwon now!" His voice raised.

And then he walked out on me. He's busy making calls to people I do not know who.

I just packed few sets of clothes and brought my backpack with me. I know we don't have plans of coming to Changwon and staying there for a long time since I study here in Seoul and Sungjin works here, too.

I don't want my negativity win through me but I can't help but to think about bad things. I am fidgeting as I waited for Sungjin inside the car. He's locking the door and the gates of the house now.

I tried to call our father because he might have the answer to the questions in my mind.

"Soojin," A nervous, trembling voice answered my call.

"What's wrong, dad?" I wanted to freak out. I want to shout. I want to ask him why is everything so wrong right now? It's getting me anxious.

"I'm so sorry, Soojin. I'm sorry." That's the last thing I heard before the call ended.

A/N: Next update will be tomorrow morning. Happy birthday, Choi Seungcheol! :D