Mingyu

Does He Love Me? Does He Love Me Not?

"Mingyu, you gotta see this." Jeonghan, who was sitting beside me, showed me his phone. I saw my name and another girl idol's name and some random fanmade vidoes they made for the both of us.

I shoved his phone away.

"I don't have time for that, hyung." I said in an bored tone. I have no interest with the fans making up couple issues about me and other rookie idols. Although I am aware of the idol shipping that they're making, especially the international fans, I don't plan to make their imaginary ship come to reality. I am not interested in dating a celebrity.

I like my girl low-profiled.

"Where the hell is she?" I mumbled to myself and checked the wall clock.

It's Thursday. We're in Mnet today for M Countdown. I was overwhelmed to be chosen as their newest junior mc together with Jeonghan hyung. I'm not as good as Seungkwan when it comes to hosting but I promise to do good in my new job.

"Have you guys seen your new manager?" Mr. Ahn, our road manager, asked us.

The other members looked at each other as if asking the same question until their heads all turned to me as if I have the answer to our manager's question.

I creased my forehead.

Why the hell are these people looking at me?

"I have no idea where she is." I told them all and got back to my seat to practice the script for the music show later.

I wonder what's keeping Soojin late for almost every single day since she has become our junior manager.

I was really, really surprised to see her that day they revealed her as our new manager. I didn't know what to feel when I saw her. Anger, longing, jealousy, I never thought I could all kinds of emotions at once. She really has this effect on me.

It was almost an hour later when she finally arrived. She looked in a hurry and was sweating. If I were her boyfriend, I would immediately wipe that sweat on her forehead and--- Wait, what the heck am I thinking?!

Mr. Ahn welcomed her with such anger. This manager can be kind of harsh on us sometimes.

I know Soojin's wrong for being late again but Mr. Ahn's way of embarassing her in front of all of us is just not right.

"Mr. Ahn, can you please tone down your voice? Jeonghan hyung and I are reviewing our lines." I interrupted him and went back to reading the script without looking at Soojin. I don't want her to think like I saved her from further embarassment. I just don't want a noisy background.

Mr. Ahn calmed himself down. We only have half of the staff this time because some of them are already in the KBS Network for the preparation of our radio guesting tomorrow.

Soojin sat beside Wonwoo - again.

Wonwoo gave her tissue to wipe her sweat. She smiled at him and I felt like I wanted to punch somebody in the face.

"Mingyu, don't crumple the script." Jeonghan hyung scolded me. He's seemed so serious with his mc job.

I am so distracted by Soojin's presence but I don't want her to notice that. I will act as normal as I usually do because I don't want her to think like I am still the same Mingyu who is head over heels in love with her.

NO.

I am no longer that Mingyu three years ago.

I am so done with her.

"I thought you'd never come today. I'm sorry for Mr. Ahn's fury." I heard Wonwoo told Soojin.

"I just woke up late." She answered. I think she was really affected with our manager's words. She looked flushed and her eyes are kind of sad.

"They were calling you but you weren't answering. I was actually planning to go to your house if you haven't come." Wonwoo again.

What? He's really planning to get her from their house to here? As if the staff would let him do that. We're about to perform.

"Oh! Good thing you didn't go to our house." Soojin talked like she's relieved.

"Why? Is it wrong to be there? I wanted to see Sungjin hyung too. How was he doing in the past years? And what about your parents? I haven't heard of them since you moved from Changwon to I-don't-know-where. My parents are asking me about yours." He explained why he wanted to go to Soojin's house.

Soojin bit her nails, I know why she does that. She only bite her nails like that when she's nervous.

"I'm living alone now." Soojin said.

I eyed her to see if she's really telling the truth. She doesn't look like she's telling the truth. Soojin is not the kind of person who is expert in lying. You can easily tell if she's lying or not.

Wonwoo was about to ask her more questions I admit I wanted to hear but then, the M Countdown staff called for us for the next performance.

It was a hard job to be a peformer and an mc at the same time because I had to change clothes from being an mc to being an idol.

I thought Soojin would join other staff from watching us on stage but I guess she's just really busy so she stayed backstage. Either way, I enjoyed our performance especially after seeing a lot of fans cheered for us. It's really empowering and overwhelming to see our fans spend their time and effort just to show their support for us.

When we went to the backstage, I saw Soojin talking to one staff. She's serious now.

When I saw her for the first time after three years, I thought a lot of things changed in me but as I realized it now, I think she has also changed too.

She's not as cheerful and bubbly as she was before. She's skinny, too. She's like those other female idols who are conscious about their body and weight. I suddenly want to cook something for her to eat. She smiles, yes, but I feel like her smile doesn't reach her eyes. She's just so aloof now. Before, when there's a new person around, she'd definitely approach that and make befriend that person but I don't think she's still like that. She has matured a lot.

I wonder how her family raised her to be a matured young lady even if she's the youngest in the family.

Our stylist noona gave Jeonghan and I the clothes we'd be wearing for the mc parts. I have a pink coat and Jeonghan has the jeans coat. I wanted to wear what he was wearing but I think my outfit would still suit me. Plus, I don't want our stylists to feel bad for rejecting the clothes they prepared for us.

By the time we were ready, I saw Soojin laughing at Wonwoo for some stupid reason I am not interested to know. I took a deep breath. I hate the sight of her laughing with somebody else not with me! Damn it!

After what I did for her when she arrived late a while ago, she hasn't even looked at me for no longer than three seconds. It's as if she isn't affected with my presence.

Why?

In the mc parts, I managed to maintain a bright, youthful smile. I need to do good. It's not just for my own sake but also for the sake of our group. Seventeen is doing well but I know we can do better.

After the controversy with Wonwoo, which we haven't really talked about, we're now more careful about our words and actions. The twelve of us had a deal not to mention anything that would remind Wonwoo hyung about his past issue. We don't want him to feel bad and sad.

I wonder if Soojin knows about it and if she's just making herself cheerful for the sake of Wonwoo.

I am so mad, I don't know why.

The atmosphere in the audience where we had to do the mc-ing changed my mood.

But then, I saw Soojin again in the backstage busy with her phone. She looked like she's texting someone. What the hell? She shouldn't text someone because she's working! She should just focus on us and not be bothered by anything or anyone else.

By the end of the show, I felt so tired. I wanted to take a nap but I fought the feeling because I had to stay awake.

I'M waiting for Soojin to sit beside me again just like how she did yesterday.

I was the first one to get in the car and the same people entered. I pretended not to look when the last person, who happened to be Seungkwan, entered the car and sat beside me.

I looked at him when he smiled awkwardly at me.

"Hi, hyung."

I stared at him with my deadly eyes.

"What are you doing here? Why are you the one sitting beside me, huh?" I asked him in a very serious tone.

Seungkwan knows when to be scared at me and I know he is right now.

"Uhm, S-soojin noona asked me if we could change seats because she said she isn't comfortable here." He answered me in a nervous tone.

And where the hell is she? She's avoiding me. She's really doing everything to avoid me.

My anger seethed in a higher level.

Why is Soojin acting as if I was the one who left three years ago? Do I need to remind her about how devastated I was when she broke up with me on the phone three freaking years ago?

"Hyung, please don't be mad at me. I just did noona a favor. You know I can't say no to Soojin noona." Seungkwan told me when he saw my serious expression.

I took a deep breath and nodded my head.

"I know, Seungkwan. I'm not mad at you." I just told him.

We arrived early at the dorm. Manager Ahn told us to rest early because we have to get up early the next day.

IT'S Music Bank day today.

The alarm clock already rang but I still closed my eyes. I wish I could sleep for the whole day.

I heard footsteps and when I turned to see it, it's Wonwoo hyung. He's on his phone and I don't know what got into me but I pretended to be asleep to hear what he's about to tell to the person he's talking to on the phone.

"Are you gonna watch me perform later?" It's the first time Wonwoo hyung's voice is this... I don't know how to call it... shy?

"You're going to cheer for me later?" And then he laughed.

I am curious. Is he talking to Soojin?

What? It's not far from happening. They're close. I bet Soojin called for Wonwoo today to cheer for her again just like how she cheered for him yesterday. All she cares about is Wonwoo.

"Alright, I'll be waiting for you then." Still Wonwoo.

I suddenly want to throw the pillow that I'm holding to him. I never thought Wonwoo would become this mushy to someone. I did not expect Soojin to be so fast as well! I mean, it hasn't been a week since she's back and now, she's starting to flirt with a guy already? Is she that desperate to have a boyfriend? Now I wonder how many boys has she had when she broke up with me?

Just imagining Soojin with someone else's arms makes me want to kill somebody.

"Wonwoo! Tell Mingyu to get up now!" I heard Seungcheol hyung knocked on the door.

I pretended to yawn and to wake up.

"Hyung, what are you doing here?" I asked Wonwoo.

He seemed not to know what to answer. This is not where his bed is. I am sharing a room with Seungcheol hyung and Jeonghan hyung. We have just moved to a newer and bigger dorm.

"Ahm, I just checked on you. I'll take a bath now." Wonwoo's answer was weird and left me hanging with so many questions in mind.

Is he secretly dating Soojin? What's the real score between them two?

Damn, I would be hella mad if I find out that my speculations are true. Not because I get jealous but because Wonwoo hyung must've known better.

I mean, yes, Soojin and I are over but that doesn't mean anyone in Seventeen would be free to court her. I don't expect anyone from my group to snatch my ex girl. Have some little respect to the bro code, at least.

THE call time for all the staff and members in the Pledis building is exactly 5:00 AM. We arrived ten minutes early.

Everyone was calm and quiet. We're still waiting for one person - Soojin again.

I was already hissing because I can't believe she's late again! Is it because she was busy last night calling Wonwoo? That's probably the reason why she woke up late today! This is such an embarassment! She could've realized her mistake yesterday but no, she did it again today!

Fifteen minutes later, she's here now but she's not alone. A man with a shirt with KBS print was with her.

They were both laughing.

I couldnt' contain myself anymore. I stood up and approached them before they could even come near us.

"What the hell, Soojin?! We're all waiting for you and then you'll be here fifteen minutes late?! Are you really pissing us all?! Because I am really, really pissed! How the hell did you even have the courage to have a guy fetch you!" I looked at the man she was with.

"I can't believe how flirty you have become! Isn't it enough to flirt with Wonwoo hyung? Aren't you satisfied with just one guy that you need another guy to flirt you with?!"

It was't too long when I felt stinging pain on my cheek.

Soojin's eyes are piercing through me. She has bloodshot eyes and she looked so tired.

"How dare you, Mingyu." She said my name as if she is disgusted to say it.