Soojin

Does He Love Me? Does He Love Me Not?

I'm with the boys discussing about what they should do in their last episode of Seventeen Tv.

"We'll have a second season soon." Doyoon said.

I noticed that not all of them are glad about it.

I know what they're thinking. They're expecting to debut soon but with their show having a second season, that probably means the time for their debut is prolonged.

"Hey guys! I stood up and faced them all with a huge smile. They all looked curiously at me except for Mingyu who looked dreamily at my direction. Oh gosh, my cheeks are blushing for sure. I faced the others again.

"Why don't you prepare for your own speeches for tonight's episode? You would be able to tell all your fans how thankful you are that they support you. I'm telling you, it's not an easy task to wake up late night to watch Seventeen TV but they did because they love you. Your fans will be your cheerleaders. Let's maintain a good and steady relationship with your fans so they'll support you for a long time!"

"Soojin's right!" I creased my forehead as Mingyu stood up and walked towards me.

"We should show them how thankful we are. Having a second season for our show is better than not having it at all, right?"

The hyungs have minimal reaction but some of the dongsaengs are agreeing already.

I searched for Mingming and my guess was right when I saw him sitting quietly.

"Mingming, do you want to say something? You can tell us." I want to encourage him to talk because besides Jun, I know he's also timid.

He often talks because he doesn't understand most of the conversations of the other members. But I'm pretty impressed with how brave him and Junhui are to travel from another country just to pursue their dreams.

"I can't attend the episode later."

I nodded. I know that. Not every episode, the fans would get to see all the members because sometimes, they really have something more important stuff to do.

"Well, maybe they could do a phone call with you later so you could still feel like you're with them."

Mingming's chinky eyes brightened up.

"Really?" He sounded so hopeful.

"Yes, of course, the members will call you later. Right?" I looked at Mingyu and he gave me a nod.

"See? So expect a call later, okay?"

Mingming nodded.

"So, who else wants to say something?"

IT was a long day indeed. Yesterday, my brother is back from I do not know where but I'm just glad he's back. At least, I don't have to lie to my parents when they ask me where my brother is or who I am with at home.

Mingyu stayed during the days Sungjin's gone. But of course, we didn't share the same room. He stayed in the guest room and I stayed in my room.

When I wake up the next morning, Mingyu's gone and he'll leave a note in the dining table together with my breakfast.

He's just so sweet and caring I'm so touched.

I was invited again for a shoot. This time, it's a commercial shoot and I'll be one of the people on the camera production. I won't really do the camera shoots but I'm still glad because this is one great opportunity for me especially that I'm in love with the cameras and the editing stuff.

I really think I'd pursue that career in the future. But that's still three years ahead. I should focus on the present.

It was the same night as the final episode of Seventeen TV I didn't promise anything to the boys especially to Mingyu that I'd be there. The scene was an external shoot in the streets of Seoul. I was amazed with how cameras can do such great things to bring out what the producer wants. It's a common mistake that being a producer means funding a show but it's actually not like that at all. Producers aren't all about funding. In fact, they're the ones whom the director consults when they shoot a scene. They do what the producer thinks the best. The director instructs the actors and actresses on what they should do.

I looked at my wrist watch to check the time.

11:43 PM

Sungjin is probably waiting for me in Pledis. He said he'll have an overtime at work because of his absences. I will ride a taxi to Pledis after this and will be riding in my brother's car back home. I don't know whether Mingyu has texted me or not because my phone's in my bag and my bag's in the production's car. We left it there because the director didn't want any disturbances or anything to make sure a scene will be at its best even with just one take.

"Are you cold?" One of the guys asked me. He's a trainee under a broadcasting network and he seems kind but I don't actually know his name.

"Not really." I answered.

"You must wear something thicker next time especially during these times because it's the coldest when it's night time."

I nodded.

"I'll take note of that, thank you."

After an hour, the shooting is finally over. I thanked the staff that I got to be with as well as the director and the producer.

I called Sungjin and told him that I'll be in Pledis in a few minutes.

One unnie staff saw me walked inside the building.

"Soojin, you're still waiting for your brother?"

"Yup. Is he busy? I can wait." I don't want to interfere with his job of course.

"I think so. He's actually having a meeting with the boss in the main office. And we actually don't know what's their conversation about. Maybe you can just wait for him here."

I said my thanks to unnie and I sat on the couch.

I'm not that sleepy but I am just worried about the talk between Sungjin and the boss.

What could it possibly be all about?

I went to check the practice room in case I'll see someone there. I carefully and slowly opened the door. I saw one guy with a blue sweater dancing while looking seriously in the mirror.

It's Mingyu. Damn, he looked so serious.

"Soojin?" He stopped dancing when he saw me.

"Late night practice? Where are the others?" I asked as I sat on one corner and leaned on the mirror wall - the walls are basically covered with mirrors ever since.

He sat beside me. He's really sweating. I took my tissue and put it on his forehead.

"Mingyu, why aren't you at home yet?" My tone is getting more serious this time. I don't want to act like a nagging girlfriend but he has to give me an acceptable reason why he's still here.

"I want to practice more." He said as he took off his sweater. He's now wearing a plain white shirt - which looked so damn good in him. Ommo, what now? Am I becoming a byuntae already? No no no no. I'm not a ert.

"Why? You've had enough of that the whole day. You need to rest." As I was talking, Mingyu leaned closer and I held my breath as I took a closer picture of his face - his handsome face.

"I'm so tired, Soojin." He said and leaned on my shoulder.

I touched his hair that's already wet because of his sweat.

"Who wouldn't get tired with practicing all day long?" I answered with sarcasm in my tone.

He sighed.

"I want Pledis to see the best in me so they'd decide to debut our group already."

I was taken aback with his confession. A while back, when we were having a meeting with the other members, he was the one who looked so unaffected with them having a second season for the Seventeen Tv. And now, I figured out he's just hiding his emotions. He wants to debut soon, that's for sure.

If only I could do something to help him. I don't want to see him like this.

"I want to have a sure answer whenever my parents ask me about the debut they're anticipating. I want to tell my grandma about it, too. I think I deserve to be appreciated because I worked hard enough to be where I am supposed to be." Mingyu continued.

I intently looked at him. He's looking in front while leaning on my shoulder.

I don't want him to feel self pity.

I held his hand tightly.

"You'll have the debut you've always wanted, don't worry." I wanted to say more but I don't want to sound like a comforting person because he might think that I'm just pitying him.

"We'll have our own debut song and practice the choreography and have our own debut showcase and then finally debut in a music show." He said while forming a smile on his lips. His eyes are so dreamy and hopeful.

"And I promise to be there in every step of the way." I told him.

Mingyu sat up properly.

He caressed my face and I think I just blushed for the nth time because of him.

"You'll be there cheering for me because you'll be my one proud girlfriend." He said those words as he leaned his face closer to mine.

I slowly gulped as the distance between us gets smaller and smaller.

"M-mingyu..."

We haven't kissed yet. He kissed me one time on my cheek and that's it. It's been a week and a few days since we're on but I think it's still too soon to give him my first kiss but if he wants to now... then I won't stop him.

I closed my eyes as his lips pressed mine.

I have nothing to compare this kiss because this is my first but I must say that he's really gentle. He's so gentle and I love him more for being this way.

I held my breath as the kiss deepened. I feel like I want to gasp for air but I feel so shy to open my mouth.

The kiss lasted for about three more seconds until he moved away from my face.

Omo, I can't believe we did our first kiss here in the practice room! I won't be looking into this room the same way ever again!

"Saranghae, Soojin."

Mingyu said as he smiled contentedly.

I touched his face and smiled as well. I feel so happy and so blissful. This thing with him just gives me the butterflies in my stomach everytime.

"Nado saranghae, Mingyu."

THE end of Seventeen's show means a new beginning for a new season.

I got busy with school works as the exam approaches.

I saw Wonwoo with a lunchbox and a note saying, "Goodluck on your exams, Wonwoo oppa!"

I can't help but to smile as I see him opening it and I know him when he likes the good, it's obvious that he does like the food - it was a variety of korean dishes.

"Someone made you a lunch and you actually accepted it. Hmmmm." I smirked and looked at him suspiciously.

Wonwoo sighed.

"It's not as if I had a choice. She's so persistent."

"Hmmm, okayyy. If you say so." I said but still had a grinning expression on my face.

We continued eating. I was eating the seafood noodles I ordered in the counter.

"What about you? Have you made something for Mingyu? Like a food or any dish?" Wonwoo asked.

I stopped midway and placed back the chopsticks I was holding.

Actually, no.

When Mingyu stayed in our house when my brother was out, he was the one who cooks for me. I haven't seen him cook for a long time now. I do not really stay long in the kitchen because I don't have anything to do there.

I don't know how to cook.

"Don't tell me... you haven't cooked anything for him?" Wonwoo had this annoying tone, the same tone I used to just a few minutes back.

I wasn't able to answer him because I feel so ashamed right now. Am I not a good girlfriend because I don't cook for Mingyu? He cooks almost everything and I admire him so much for that. But... what about me? Is there something admirable about me?

"Guys love girls who know how to cook." Wonwoo added that seared the insecurity in me even more.

"Fine! I'll cook for him!" I didn't realize that I raised my voice when I said that. Our schoolmates are looking at us.

I tried to smile at them and nodded.

"Mianhe... hehehe." I swear I sounded so stupid right there.

WHAT am I doing in the kitchen?

That's basically my question as I placed the grocery I bought a while ago. After school, I head straight to the supermarket to buy the ingredients for bibimbap. Yep, I'm cooking bibimbap tonight. And I'm going to cook it on my own with pride!

When I'm done cooking this, I'll bring it to Pledis and give it to Mingyu for his dinner. I'm so excited! I can't wait to see his happy reaction when the end product of my hardwork.

"Guys love girls who know how to cook." Wonwoo's statement kept repeating in my head.

So, I'll start by putting out the ingredients from the grocery bag. Oil, eggs, carrots, shiitake mushroom, bean sprouts and spinach. Hmmm, now what should I do to these?

I was looking at what I'm holding until an idea formed in my mind.

I quickly grabbed my phone and searched for a tutorial on how to cook bibimbap.

I steamed the rice first. While steaming it, I chopped the vegetables in long, shredded chops. Next, I put the oil in the frying pan to cook the meat. This is the hardest part because I've never ever cooked meat before. I don't know what to do. I just put the meat in the frying pan. The oil slightly splashed on my arms. I almost dropped the spatula, I swear. I even almost cursed but good thing I stopped myself.

I breathed deeply. This is for Mingyu. For Mingyu. For Mingyu.

I waited for almost thirty minutes after the meat is cooked. I smelled something burning and I cursed to myself when I realized that I haven't checked the steamed rice. The steamed rice became burned rice! There's still the white rice on the top and in the middle but the corners are darker which obviously got overcooked.

After focusing on the rice, I went back to the meat and I think it's already cooked. I removed it from the frying pan and got another pan for the vegetables. I mixed the vegetables on the pan and started cooking them. It feels good to see that the veggies are being cooked nicely now compared to the rice that got burned.

I made sure that the veggies are soft enough when I removed them from the pan. And then, I put the egg for the sunny side up on the top of the bibimbap.

I was smiling the whole time I was preparing this. The meat was soft enough to chew. I didn't taste it because I want Mingyu to judge it once and for all.

I got one traditional pot and put the rice there and then the veggies, the seaweed and the meat. And then I put the sauce around it - good thing the sauce is already instant - I saw one in the supermarket. Lastly, I put the egg on top.

I grabbed my phone again and realized that it was still in the cooking site. I opened the message and asked Mingyu where he was. He said he was in their dorm.

I bit my nail as I didn't know what to do next. Should I go to their dorm? But, would it look bad when I visit an all guys dorm?

Mingyu texted again saying he's home alone because the other members are still in Pledis. He was excused because he's studying for their exams tomorrow.

Maybe this is really meant to happen - me cooking bibimbap for him tonight so I could cheer him up in his exams.

I immidiately went out of the house and rode a taxi to their dorm. I was holding tightly onto the pot.

I rang the bell when I was already outside their dorm. I saw Mingyu wearing a black shirt and pants. He looked surprised when he saw me.

"You didn't tell me you were coming!" He said as he opened the gates wider for me to enter.

"Of course. It wouldn't be a surprise if you knew." I answered and looked around their dorm when we were already inside. It was honestly small for a group of more than ten guys.

Mingyu's things are in the dining table. He cleared the books and made me sit on one of the chairs.

"What's that?" He asked as he saw the pot I was holding.

I suddenly felt nervous.

"I m-made you a dinner." I put the pot on the table. He handed it closer to him. He was sitting across me.

I can see in his eyes his curiosity.

He opened it slowly and my heart beats are slowly thumping as well.

"Wow, bibimbap!" I didn't hear Mingyu. Instead, it was Seokmin who said that. I was shocked to see him with Seungkwan and Soonyoung. Seokmin sat on the table and grabbed some fork and ate the bibimbap I prepared for Mingyu.

"Ya!!" Mingyu yelled at them but Soonyoung and Seungkwan blocked him.

I bit my lip as I saw Seokmin, who tasted the bibimbap first, choking to death.

"What the hell is this?!" He said frustratedly.

"Why? How does it taste?" Seungkwan asked.

Seokmin was shaking his head and handed them the food as if telling them to judge it by themselves.

This time, Mingyu stood up and pointed at them. It's weird. I've never seen him this angry towards the boys before.

"You should all mind your own business! This is Soojin's gift for me yet you eat it as if it's the most disgusting taste in the world!"

I swallowed the lump in my throat and akwardly smiled at Seokmin, Soonyoung and Seungkwan who were now looking very apologetically at me.

"Soojin noona, I'm so sorry. We didn't mean to make you feel bad." Seungkwan said.

I nodded my head.

It was understandable to me. The food I cooked wasn't the best - it's far from being the best. These boys don't need to say sorry.

"Don't worry, Soojin, I can teach you how to cook if you want." Seokmin told me.

I heard Mingyu clear his throat.

Seokmin chuckled.

"He meant, Mingyu will teach you how to cook because he knows everything in this world. He will be your best teacher." Soonyoung commented.

They bid their goodbyes and went straight to the room.

"I will teach you how to cook later. But let me finish eating this first." Mingyu said, referring to the bibimbap.

I wanted to protest and tell him to stop but I just felt like he won't listen. I saw him smile as if eating the most delicious bibimbap he's had when in reality, it is the opposite.

After a while, he taught me how to cook. I was very clumsy but he was patient and I was just so happy to be with him like this.

I hope we could stay like this forever.

(to be continued...)