Soojin

Does He Love Me? Does He Love Me Not?

Seventeen took some pictures with their sunbae group and labelmate, Nuest. I was the one who took the pictures actually.

Since my stay in the Pledis building is mainly for Seventeen, I don't get to know the other artists of Pledis. I just sometimes walk pass by them and greet them but not to the extent of a long conversation. The company assigns different teams for their different artists that's why.

During the closing of the program, all of the artists in the Dream Concert were asked to stay all together on the stage. I bumped to someone when I was following some staff members.

I touched my shoulder which was hit by another shoulder. My eyes widened in surprise when I saw Taeyong.

"Soojin?"

"Oh my gosh, Taeyong! It's been so long since I last saw you!" I was so happy to see my friend. When I was one of the trainees of the SM production team, I met him there. I thought he'd be cold and serious but I got close to him more than any other idol trainees. I wasn't able to see him debut live before because I was still busy sorting my life together. I've heard about Sungjin that he has already debuted.

He's wearing a red shirt and a white long sleeves. His hair is also a bit purple-ish. But nonetheless, he still looks as handsome as before. I can still remember how some of my co-workers ogle over him because of his looks. I guess I was the only one who did not have a romantic feelings towards him.

I think their manager noticed me so he signaled Taeyong to just continue walking to the stage.

"I'll go now, Soojin. If you're still here until later, then maybe we can chat. I'm sorry that I'm kind of busy."

I shook my head and motioned him to go up the stage.

"No worries. We'll talk if we're both free." I assured him.

What seems to be another meeting with a long-term friend happened when I saw Nayoung unnie from the backstage. She's with the IOI members but don't know any of them except her. She smiled widely when she saw me.

"Unnie!" I hugged her tightly. Their manager is a girl and I think she's not the strict one here. It's just their other managers that were rushing her to go to the stage.

Nayoung unnie has been a good friend of mine ever since... I really can't remember. I just found myself getting fond of her personality. She's actually not that cold and serious just like what the media has perceived her to be. She acts silly sometimes.

When I left three years ago, that's when I met her. Strange, alright. I just saw her at our house one day. She used to be Sungjin oppa's friend. Well, I don't know if their relationship has ever crossed the line of being friends because I don't really ask her or Sungjin for that matter.

Nayoung has been training for years in Pledis. Her training years are even longer than most of the members of Seventeen.

I don't and Sungjin even if I often see them go out together but she does the opposite to me. When she found out about my past 'relationship' with Mingyu, she started teasing me about it.

We did not have much time to talk for too long so I just waited for them to comeback on the backstage. I didn't want to go outside, either. I feel like my feet and knees are already tired from standing for almost half of the day. And it's getting late now. I remembered to text Jaejin and tell him to come home if he's still in the stadium.

I felt my eyelids getting heavier. I think I need a coffee or something.

"Soojin, don't sleep yet." Ms. Park reminded me.

I widened my eyes to keep myself from sleeping. How long will it take for Seventeen to stay on the stage with the other artists?

I tried to play games on my phone instead. I was enjoying the games when the staff and the artists went back here in the backstage. I moved in one corner to make way for the idols.

Nayoung unnie went in together with the other members and Seventeen was walking behind them.

"Soojin!" She called me. I smiled at her and was about to call her name but I think one of their more strict managers stopped us from talking. They're too busy, I guess. I heard their girl group is packed with a really busy schedule.

I pouted and waved her goodbye instead. I motioned her to call me on the phone when she's not busy. She nodded her head and waved her goodbye as well.

"Woah, Soojin-ah, you're friends with Nayoung?" Seungcheol oppa asked me. I think the other members are staring at me in surprise, too. Like they did not expect me to befriend her. Of course, when I was still in Pledis three years ago, I was not that friendly with the females. I was used to hanging out with guys obviously.

I wasn't able to answer the question because the staff was rushing us to go.

We rode on the company's car. I raised a brow when Mingyu sat beside me. Again.

He's still wearing the red and white outfit he wore during their performance a while back.

I'm starting to get annoyed with his actions, really. He makes way to sit beside me or to talk to me. I thought he was just being civil to me but I can feel that he has other intentions and whatever that intention is, well I should not care about it.

If he doesn't affect me, then that's what I should show him. I shouldn't be affected by his presence.

"Move closer to Soojin, Mingyu." Jeonghan oppa asked him.

I wanted to protest but of course, that'd be irrational to do so, so I just kept mum.

The capacity for the seats in the middle is just for three people but Jeonghan chose to sit here too so we needed to give him more space.

Mingyu's arms brushed mine unintentionally. He just needs to move so Jeonghan can sit.

I rested my head on the headrest and sighed. This is a tiring day indeed.

"Uh, Soojin, we saw you talking to Nayoung a while ago. We didn't know you two know each other." Seungcheol, who was sitting beside the driver, asked me. Right, I almost forgot. My brother Sunjin's dating history with Nayoung was kept a secret.

I bit my lower lip. I'm not that good in lying, Mingyu said before that I look obvious when I'm lying.

"Uhm, I met her several times in Pledis when Sungjin was still working."

"Oh, and are you aware that the company used to partner Mingyu with Nayoung a lot before? They even starred as a couple during Raina noona's collaboration with San E sunbaenim."

"I know that." I responded with a straight face.

Why are they making a big deal out of this?

Mingyu and I are over. Isn't that clear?

"You watched the performance on broadcasts?" Mingyu asked me.

I forced a smile.

"Of course. You two look good together."

Mingyu's eyes squinted. Why the heck does he look so observant?

I just ignored him and rested my back on the chair so I could at least take a decent nap.

Inside my head, I was patting my shoulders for managing to react to them as poker faced as I can. I'm not giving away anything.

BUT the truth is, when I went home, I grabbed my laptop to search for that performance that Seungcheol was talking about.

I saw not one but numerous performances with Mingyu and Nayoung. I did not give a damn about this when Sungjin oppa told me about this before. I told myself it's okay. That I won't be affected because I don't have the right to be affected. I was the one who broke up with him. I can't blame him if he wants to like other girls.

I reminded myself again after watching the performances. They're so sweet. I don't get jealous that much when we were still together because I don't see him interact with other girls.

I told myself I shouldn't get jealous because first, this happened way back 2014, second, Nayoung is a good friend of mine and I know for a fact that she doesn't have hots for someone like Mingyu, and third, I am no longer Mingyu's girl.

I took a deep breath and closed my laptop.

I laid on my bed and hugged my pillow.

I won't cry. I won't get jealous. I won't be the same Soojin again. I've matured.

I realized that Mingyu's ideal girl might change from time to time. Why? Because he's a celebrity. He meets a lot of beautiful and y girls. I can't blame him if ever he develops an infatuation with a celebrity in the future. I imagine the fans and the internet world shook because of a dating scandal that's revolving around Mingyu and another popular girl.

I shouldn't be surprised if that ever happens.

I hugged my pillow tighter this time.

I need to stop thinking about this because this doesn't have anything to do with me. I should start ignoring this stinging pain inside my chest, as well.

IT was a Thursday when I spot the members in the practice room.

I looked around to see the other members but they're not here.

Hmmm. I wonder where he went.

I monitored their Yeppeuda performance for an upcoming event. They will be attending Suwon Kpop Concert on the 17th and a Thank You festival on the 18th.

"I'm so tired already." Jihoon said and rested on the mirror.

I looked at the door to see if sometime will enter but no one's coming.

"We've been practicing this song. I don't think we'll make a mistake." Jeonghan said confidently.

I stood up and put my hands on my waist.

"What's wrong, guys? Are you losing interest in performing?"

Minghao shook his head.

"Then what do you want to do?" I asked them. They don't look tired but bored, I guess.

"I want to go to our house and watch movies with Wonwoo hyung. I missed him." Seokmin said.

I bit my lower lip. I guess they all miss Wonwoo. I text and call him from time to time to see how he's doing. The doctors said he shouldn't work or move his body until he fully recovers. I want to see him, too.

"Fine. What do you want to eat?"

"Huh, noona. We don't want to eat anything. We just want to go home and see Wonwoo hyung." Chan told me.

I nodded.

"I know, I know. I'll have the food delivered in your dorm and then you'll watch a movie together."

"Really?" Soonyoung face lit up.

I smiled.

"Well, I know you've been working hard for your promotions and all. I think it's about time you all relax and rest. Let's just practice again tomorrow."

"Aigoo, noona. How I wish you would be our official manager so you won't be that strict in managing us." Seungkwan said.

"We'll see." I want to be their official manager, too. I want to be the one supervising them and I also want to be the one suggesting the company what they should do with the group. How I wish it would all be that easy.

"Let's order chicken!" Soonyoung said with glee.

"Ah, huh. Chicken it is then." I dialed the number and called for a chicken delivery.

I hope Wonwoo would feel touched with the members' actions. I want him to recover soon. I heard the managers are contemplating whether they'll let Wonwoo join the next comeback or not. I hope he will, though. I want to see Wonwoo doing what he wants. I know how hard it is for him not to be able to do what he loves.

"Wait, Soojin, won't you join us?" Jeonghan asked me.

I immediately said no. It doesn't look good to stay in a dorm of guys.

"I'll just stay here." I said. We're already at the lobby. I know some fans are waiting for them outside. I can see some of their fans eagerly waiting just to take a glimpse of them.

But since the members need to go home now, they'll be going in the parking area and then ride the car there.

"No, you should join us. Wonw0o hyung misses you." Hansol told me.

I creased my forehead when they all looked persistent. I can say no but...

"Fine. But you don't have to tell this to anyone, okay? It might not sound great if I join a bunch of guys in a house."

"Huh, but my noona visits our house alone, too. It's okay." Seungkwan said matter-of-factly.

In the end, I decided to just join them. I want to see Wonwoo, too.

We went to their dorm. It is a newer and bigger dorm compared to their previous dorm.

Since it is an unexpected visit, the house was somehow messy but not too messy though. The members immediately cleaned the surroundings when we arrived.

"Ah, I'm hungry. Isn't Mingyu coming back already? I want to request something for him to cook." Jisoo nagged.

I am curious where Mingyu went but I know when I ask them where he is, they'll start to tease me. I don't wanna be teased.

I was surprised to see Wonwoo coming out of a room. He's hearing a plain v neck shirt and pjyama pants. He looked so surprised when he saw me.

"What are you doing here?"

"To visit you, obviously." I said then smiled at him.

I noticed his walks are quite slower and his movements are minimal as well.

"Are you sure? Or you're just with another member?"

I pouted with his question.

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Hyung! You need to stay in the room. Don't move too much." Chan appeared, worried.

Wonwoo smirked and pat his dongsaeng's head.

"I'm not bedriddedn, Chan."

"Ah, you're just so hardheaded. The doctors said you have to rest as much as possible."

I love seeing their brotherly love for each other.

WE all decided to watch a movie in the living room. Their living room was big enough to accommodate us all. It's been an hour since we've been watching this korean comedy film and we keep on laughing at the very funny scenes.

I was sitting on a one-seater couch while Wonwoo was sitting on the arm rest of my chair.

The funniest scene came out and I accidentally hit Wonwoo who was on my side. He nudged and groaned. The members looked at us and then looked at the tv screen again.

I stopped myself from watching to see if Wonwoo's okay.

"I'm sorry." I turned to him. He's stil touching his stomach as if in pain.

I'm getting more worried now.

And then, he suddenly laughed loud. I already knew he's just making fun of me.

"You are so mean." I told him when he was still laughing at me.

I continued watching the movie but a minute later, someone opened the door.

"Ah, I'm so tired." He was talking while closing the door.

My eyes are still fixed to him until he faced us. When he saw me, his eyes went immediately surprised.

"Soojin!" His voice raised.

He took a few steps closer to me and eventually blocking the television screen. Some members threw pillows at him.

"Ya, Mingyu! We're watching!" Soonyoung told him.

He just ignored them and went to my side.

"She came to visit me, Mingyu." Wonwoo told him. I don't know what's up with these two again.

Mingyu glared at Wonwoo. His eyes gentled when he looked at me.

"Soojin," I don't know why he keeps calling my name.

"What?" I asked.

Then he won't asnwer me.

"I didn't know you would come here. Wait a minute." He then went out of the living room. I really don't get him sometimes.

It's been more than ten minutes and Mingyu hasn't shown up yet.

God, why am I even looking for him? It's not as if I care about his whereabouts. He's just here in the dorm. Maybe he's in his room and resting.

Moments later, a Mingyu with a bowl of hot noodles emerged.

"Here you go, Soojin."

The ramyun smells so good and so appetizing but damn, I did not ask him to cook for me. I just stared at him, confused.

"I hope you're hungry so you could what I cooked for you." And the way he said that was as if he's shy.

"Mingyu, you should make ramyun for all of us and not just for Soojin alone. How come you remember to cook for her but not to cook for us?" Jeonghan spoke.

The members agreed, even Wonwoo.

He placed the bowl of noodles right on the table in front of me.

"Just wait, okay?"

I my lips. I want to taste it.

"Soojin, please eat." Mingyu said with an almost pleading voice.

How can I say no to that?

I hold the spoon first.

I heard Mingyu sighing.

"Aigoo, hyung, you're being too obvious, don't you think?" Seungkwan .

Mingyu looked at me as if he wanted to see my reaction.

"Thank you." I told him before darting my eyes to the ramyun.

Okay, there, I said it.

The members heard me too so they teased Mingyu more. I just smiled as I see joking and arguing at the same time with them.