Soojin

Does He Love Me? Does He Love Me Not?

WE had to stay in the Pledis building this Wednesday morning because the members will be having a short video clip inside the practice room.

I was outside the room waiting for Jaejin's text. I texted him earlier not letting him go to MBC building tonight. I just don't know how to introduce him when someone I know sees us together. 

They still do not know he's my brother.

I'm feeling frustrated already.

I saw Wonwoo went out of the room. He was holding one side of his stomach.

"Hey, are you alright?" I asked him.

He half smiled.

"Yup. Maybe I need a little rest. I practiced all night with the members and wasn't able to get a sleep."

I'm actually worried about the condition of all the members. Unlike the staff, the members don't get to choose their schedule. So if they had to attend to one event after another, they have no 

say. It's what the company wants. Maybe the company thinks that what being an idol is. But no, I don't think it's a good idea to overwork the idols. They need to rest. They're humans, too.

"I'll buy you a coffee if you like." I told him.

Wonwoo shook his head.

"No, that will worsen the case. Don't worry, I can manage." He assured me.

It was 12 in the afternoon when we arrived in MBC. We're a bit early because the members wanted to personally check their stage for later. It is their goodbye stage today in Show Champion. I 

am so grateful with the amout of love Seventeen has received especially in this network. MBC loves Seventeen so much.

It was Jihoon's idea to put their fans' pictures as their background for their last performance of Yeppedua. It's a very touching idea. I wonder how the fans would react if they see their pictures.

I personally went out from the waiting room to see their stage. My heart skipped a beat as I saw how happy they were when performing. Mingyu's smiling. I hope he does smile everytime.

Many fans went to see them. The banners with the members' names are visible enough.

After the rehearsal, next is the real stage. The staff members went to the audience side to watch them. I was influenced to go there too.

I was feeling emotionally happy while looking at the stage when someone tapped my shoulder. I looked back and saw Jaejin with a bunch of friends.

My eyes widened in shock.

"Noona,"

"Jaejin, what are you doing here? I told you not to come." I told him seriously.

The staff went back to the backstage when the performance was over while I stayed in the audience to talk to my brother.

"But we already planned this. Seventeen is so great, noona! My friends asked me if you could request them to take a picture with us, oh, and an autograph as well." He said, his eyes full of 

admiration.

"No, they're busy."

"But they won't be busy for just a couple of minutes. I didn't know they would perform this good. I used to like all boy groups but I think I'm liking Seventeen even more now. I want to be like 

them!"

I took a deep breath.

"Please, noona,"

As much as I wanted to say yes, I just don't want to complicate the already complicated things. When I introduce Jaejin as my brother, the members will be greatly surprised. They think 

Sungjin and I are the only siblings. They'll start asking me questions and dig about my past which I do not want to happen, so no. I won't allow his request.

"I'm sorry, Jaejin. Noona is busy right now. We'll have an event to attend to after this. Maybe next time."

I saw how his hopeful eyes changed. He's quite disappointed and sad but he'll get over this.

He didn't respond to me. I waited for a while when he's ready to talk. I don't want to leave him here without him talking to me.

"Jaejin..." I called him because he seems to be in deep thinking.

Please, don't think too much my little brother. Noona is just protecting you.

"It's okay, I understand. You don't want them to know about me. You don't want your image to be ruined just because you have a half brother." He said it so bitterly I could almost taste it.

I was taken aback with what he said. I didn't expect him to view it that way.

I never called him my half brother because he doesn't deserve to be called that way. Jaejin's my brother and that's it. No half brother, whatsoever.

I wanted to say somethig but one staff unnie approached me and told me to go in the backstage now. I had no choice but to leave the audience area.

"She's with some guy, hyung." I heard Mingyu's voice. He's busy talking to Wonwoo. They were both outside the waiting room. What are they talking about?

"Soojin, did you watch our performance?" Wonwoo asked me.

"Yes, of course. You did great!" I smiled widely.

I can feel Mingyu's gaze at me.

Wonwoo nodded. It's like he wants to ask some more questions.

"Were you alone?" He asked again.

Now I'm getting confused. Did they see me with Jaejin back in the audience? I think they're curious.

I bit my lower lip. I don't know whether to lie or not.

"Uhm, yes, I was alone."

Wonwoo smiled and jokingly hit Mingyu's shoulder. I don't know why he's laughing. Is he teasing Mingyu?

"Told you." Wonwoo told Mingyu and then he entered the waiting room.

I was left with Mingyu. I want to enter the room but he's blocking my way. He's eyeing me as if I did something wrong.

"I know you, Soojin. You're not a good liar."

"Stop beating around the bush and just tell me what you mean." I don't want this conversation to be like our last one. I want to be nicer to him and to consider how he went through because I 

left him broken hearted.

"Why were you with a guy? Dont' tell me it's another staff because that guy in the audience you were with doesn't look like a staff to me. I hope you know how to separate your personal life 

to your work."

UP until the end of Show Champion, Mingyu's words kept haunting me.

Why does he react to so much everytime I'm with a guy?

Is he affected? He probably is. But why? I don't know how to weigh his feelings for me because first, he doesn't interact to me that much. He doesn't talk to me often. But once he finds out 

that I'm with a guy, he corners me and warns me everytime.

I can feel something weird in my tummy, like something's flying in it.

WHEN the show was done, we were already fixing the things in the waiting room. One staff went to me.

"Soojin, someone's looking for you. He said he's your brother."

I was stunned.

I almost forgot about Jaejin! He's looking for me?

"Should I let him in?" The unnie asked me.

I swallowed. What should I answer? It's gonna make the members question him when I let him enter but I would be so rude and bad as a sister if I keep on hiding him.

"Sungjin hyung!"

It took me five seconds to react when I saw Sungjin entered the waiting room. He's alone. So the unnie was referring to him?

"Hey, guys!" Sungjin went to high five all of the members and to talk to them. The members seem to have missed him so much. Even Mingyu was chatting with him.

"Oppa," I called him.

"Soojin," His voice was calm but I know he wants to say something to me. Maybe he found out about what happened between Jaejin and I a while back.

"I just came here to surprise you. You have your break, right? Let's have an early dinner."

I need to be back in Pledis at seven but I was a bit hungry as well so I just joined Sungjin to eat an early dinner.

The rest of the team went back to Pledis now.

"You made Jaejin upset, Soojin." Sungjin said while we were eating.

I sighed.

"I just want to protect him."

"Protect him from what? What's wrong with letting the members know what really happened? You can tell them that and move on."

Here we go again with this conversation.

"You know how the minds of other people work. They will misjudge him."

"What, Soojin? You think Jaejin can't handle that? He's grown now. He's not the shy, introverted twelve year old boy we met three years ago. He's changed. He tells me he wants to be an idol. 

Are you going to stop him from dreaming that, as well? He has so much potential. You're stopping him from doing what he loves."

Sungin approves of Jaejin's ambitions. He was hesitant before but I think he already changed his mind now.

THURSDAY came. I thought today's a normal day but I guess I was wrong.

I went to the Pledis building early this morning. I thought we'll have a meeting but the staff are actually preparing for a surprise for Seventeen. It's their first anniversary since debut. I helped 

with the preparations.

All the staff seem to be in good mood today.

The members came in with their bare morning faces. They're all wearing t shirts and pants.

I think I felt myself blushed with the sight of Mingyu. His white t shirt makes his built firmer and taller. I don't know why I'm crushing over him without him doing anything.

We have their favorite chickens and cola served. We have also have a huge cake with number one as the candle.

Mr. Han, the CEO, entered the room. His serious face is still evident but I can see some smile on his face. He greeted the members and proceeded with the speech.

"All of you have put effort to make this group work. Thank you so much for debuting under Pledis. Thank you for being our representative. Seventeen's success is not just because of the 

members but because of the whole team."

"Seungcheol-ah, I can still remember how upset you were when we told you you won't be debuting with Nuest. I was honestly scared because you might quit. But I'm glad you didn't. You 

stayed with us. You're a great leader and thank you for being a good hyung to the members..." He then continued to mention the members one by one.

I am quietly eating one slice of cake while listening to the CEO. I know some backgrounds with the Pledis management and I must say, Seventeen is their most successful group.

"To Mingyu," I pretended not to listen when they mentioned his name.

"Thank you for joining the company. You lighten the mood when someone fights. You may be one of the youngest members but you were able to show how much you've matured as an artist 

and as an idol. You almost quit the group, didn't you?"

I paused when I heard that.

I looked at Mingyu who is now shyly nodding his head to Mr. Han.

"I really thought we're going to lose you. You were gone for a month. We didn't know what happened to you. I thought you gave up the training but then you came back. So, I thank you for 

coming back to us."

I can feel my sad heart.

He almost quit because of me.

THE whole day went well. They wore all white clothes for their last stage in M Countdown. The rehearsal's done, we're just waiting for the real performance. I've noticed the other members 

are getting tired. I mean of course, they would get tired after all the promotions they did.

Mingyu is sleeping peacefully on one corner. He looks like a puppy.

"Soojin," Stylist unnie called me.

"Yes?"

"Please help the members wear these." She handed me pairs of suspenders of different colors.

"They'll be wearing that as well."

I nodded my head.

The name of the member is written on the suspender so I managed to give them theirs. I gave Jun the orange one. Wonwoo got the violet.

"Seventeen be ready for five minutes!" One staff told us.

All the members quickly prepared for their mics and stuff. We didn't know Seventeen will be called this soon.

"Soojin," The stylist unnie helped me with what I was holding.

Mingyu looks sleepy.

"Mingyu, it's not the time to sleep." Mr. Ahn scolded him.

He cleared his throat and looked at us.

"Sorry."

He stretched his arms and stood up. He was handed the mic for the stage and he put it on his ear.

"Soojin, give the last one to Mingyu." Unnie ordered me.

I don't know why I suddenly want to change the suspenders that I was holding just for me to avoid him but... fine. I gave the white one to Mingyu.

"You just wear that to him. It's the same style as Seungcheol's."

Oh, okay. I bent to my head to reach for his pants. I have to tie the suspenders to the both sides of his white pants.

My hands are trembling. This is kind of awkward. I look like I'm doing something nasty to Mingyu. Oh gosh, what is going on inside my head?!

I can hear Mingyu's heavy breathing. I looked up at him only to catch him looking at me. I think he realized something that's why he looked away.

"That's fine." He said.

I can feel my cheeks reddening as I quietly moved away when I was done fixing the suspenders.

Well, what just happened?

-Sorry for the late update, guys. :(