Soojin

Does He Love Me? Does He Love Me Not?

I gotta admit, I still feel something different when Mingyu is around. That's the reason why I'm trying so hard to avoid him. Although, I can't possibly avoid him entirely because you know, I'm their manager, but I maintain to have a space between us two.

I was up all night last night. I only had one hour of sleep.

So, here's what happened after their M Countdown performance. I requested Seungkwan to change seats with me so I can stay inside another can because I feel like I can't take another ride knowing Mingyu is just beside me. The sfaff had a meeting so we all went to Pledis after.

I noticed that some staff unnies and oppas are tired. It was already late night.

"I think I can do it." I can't believe I raised my hand and told them that. I just volunteered to help one KBS staff with the script. Seventeen will be guesting in KBS radio show, Sukira, tomorrow night and they had some problem with the script because apparently, KBS' scriptwriter thought Seventeen only had nine members. I don't know how the hell did that person not know about Seventeen's number of members.

"Are you sure, Soojin?" One unnie asked me.

I nodded.

"Yes. I can do that. I'll deliver the script tomorrow morning."

I can't help but to look at Mr. Ahn's facial expression. I want to help with the problem but at the same time, I want to show Mr. Ahn that I'm serious with my job and that Pledis didn't make the wrong decision of hiring me.

"Alright then, when you're done with the script, you can contact the KBS staff. That's what you'll have to do first thing in the morning and if you can join us when you're done, you can drop by here at Pledis so we can all go to KBS. The boys need to be here early because reporters are waiting in the idols' Music Bank arrival."

And so, that happened.

As much as I wanted to rest for the rest of the day, I've got no choice but to rise from the bed. I took a quick shower and wore a not-so long shirt and skinny jeans. My shirt is like a crop top but just some skin in my tummy is shown.

I left a note in the fridge for Jaejin and kissed my pug, Ming, goodbye before getting out of the house.

What a busy friday ahead!

I rode a cab and went to a coffee shop where I'll be meeting one KBS staff. I have already emailed him last night and he has also replied to my message.

I saw a guy with KBS' logo printed on his shirt waiting in one table of the coffee shop.

I smiled at him and he smiled back.

"Ms. Han, good morning."

"Good morning, too."

A waiter approached us and he insisted on ordering two black coffees. I'm not really a fan of caffeine but it would be a disrespect to reject his offer.

"I am so sorry for the inconvenience that we had put on you and your company, Ms. Han."

I shook my head.

"It's okay. Nobody's harmed. I'm glad I could help. Anyway, this is the initial script and this is the revised one..." I started showing him the script and he seriously reviewed them both. I am somehow nervous that he might think it's not a good script for the thirteen boys but I was relived to see him smiled soon after.

"Are you sure you are their manager?" He asked while smiling.

"Yes. Why?"

"Because you can be a scriptwriter. If the company seeks for new scriptwriters, I'd definitely contact you."

I laughed.

The conversation went well. He even insisted on fetching me to Pledis but I rejected his offer this time. It's just too much.

"I'm also on my way there, Ms. Han. I'll be talking to Mr. Ahn so please, I would really want to help you get there as well."

His answer was reasonable. I just agreed because I found out that he's on his way to the Pledis building.

I'm late, I know I am. But I already reminded the staff not to wait for me if I've been gone for too long. They already know I'll be meeting one staff from KBS so, I am not really that nervous unlike the other day when Mr. Ahn get furious because I was late.

BUT, to my surprise, a very angry Mingyu greeted me.

"What the hell, Soojin?! We're all waiting for you and then you'll be here fifteen minutes late?! Are you really pissing us all?! Because I am really, really pissed! How the hell did you even have the courage to have a guy fetch you!"

He was freaking mad at me. He was shouting at my face without even caring about the people around us.

Why is he acting like this, anyway?

"I can't believe how flirty you have become! Isn't it enough to flirt with Wonwoo hyung? Aren't you satisfied with just one guy that you need another guy to flirt you with?!"

It was at that moment when I knew he was wrong. So wrong of accusing me of such things.

I slapped him. Hard.

Everyone was shocked. I heard gasps everywhere. But I don't care anymore.

"How dare you, Mingyu." Was all that I could say.

After staying up all night helping solve the problem, after sleeping for just an hour, after leaving my younger brother in the house even when I'm worried as hell, this is what I get?! This is what I get from everything I did and sacrificed just so his group could make their radio guesting successful?

"Mingyu!" It was Seungcheol oppa's voice.

Mingyu turned to me after that slap I gave him. He's looking thoroughly into my eyes as if reading what's inside my mind. Go ahead, read my mind, Mingyu. I hate you. I really, really hate you.

Our staring contest didn't last long because he was already pushed on the ground by Wonwoo.

"What the hell are you saying?! She's not flirting with me! Get your act right, Mingyu! And so what if she flirts with me, huh?! Stop acting like a jealous boyfriend because news flash, you're no longer Soojin's boyfriend!"

Oh my god. I never saw that coming. Although Mingyu's wrong, I still didn't want Wonwoo to remind him about what we had three years ago.

Seconds later, Mr. Ahn was already in between the fight. I was biting my nails to calm myself but I can't really calm down especially when he called for Mingyu telling him they need to talk one on one.

The rest of the members are all strangely quiet. I didn't want to approach anyone now. I just want to be alone.

"Alright, everybody!" One unnie staff clapped her hands as if to cheer everyone one up.

"We'll be heading to Music Bank now. We'll proceed to your ideas so grab your books and specs here. Make sure to smile while walking your way to the building."

I guess the unnie was just trying her best to make everyone be on their righteous condition. A lot of Seventeen fans are waiting for them at KBS. If I were there and I noticed their serious faces, I'd totally sense that something bad happened.

"Unnie's right, let's go, sebongs!" All the members looked at me when I said that. It was as if they were so surprised to hear me in my cheerful voice. I showed them my widest smile.

"Let's go, let's go!"

I need to do my job here. If someone like Mingyu accuses me of something I didn't do, then I'll defend myself but I have to accept the fact that not all people think the same way. There will always be some who like to think bad of someone else.

There were three cars again. Getting inside it was random. It was not like the other times. Seungcheol played the radio and listened to hyper and bright songs maybe to make everyone hyped up.

"Noona, are you really okay?" Seungkwan asked me. He was sitting beside me and was wearing that concerned look on his face.

"I'm fine, I'm just a bit tired but no worries. I'll be fine." I assured him.

He looked like he wanted to ask me more questions, probably about what happened a while back, but he stopped himself.

I am still not sitting beside Wonwoo.

He's quiet, too. I want to reassure him that everything's going to be okay but he looked like he is still thinking about the situation in Pledis a while ago.

We were greeted by flashes of camera when the car parked in KBS. The members will be heading to the building together with the staff oppas. I waited for a couple more minutes before following after them. I don't want the fans to think that someone who's the same age as the members is a staff. I just don't want anyone to think negative about me. I've had enough of negativity today, I swear.

When I entered the waiting room, the outfits are all ready. The members are being styled by the stylists. I sat on one chair. One unnie walked pass me but I asked her what I can do to help.

"It's okay, Soojin, I know you're tired. You just rest for now." Unnie told me sincerely.

But if I want to rest, I'd be sleeping on the bed in my room now. I don't have a choice but to just stay awake even when my eyelids are forcing me to close my eyes. I really want to sleep.

I just decided to browse randomly on my phone when someone sat beside me. It's Chan.

"Noona, don't worry, Seungcheol hyung gave Mingyu hyung a hard smack on his head a while ago. Coups hyung said it was meant to teach Mingyu hyung a lesson not to hurt you again."

WHAT?

"Chan-ee, care to tell me what happened a while back?"

"Well, Coups hyung gave Mingyu hyung a punishment for the game he lost. He used the hammer toy to smack Mingyu's head but then they all stayed calm and cool because we were in a public place. And then, one staff noona talked to us all and explained not to fight anymore. She also told us what you did the whole night last night and why you were with the KBS guy when you arrived in Pledis this morning."

Oh, so, Mingyu knows now why I was late.

I want to see the look on his face when he realized he was so wrong of accusing me. Is he even ever going to apologize?

WELL, I guess the answer to my questions remains hidden because up until the members are done for their Music Bank performances and are heading to the Sukira studio, Mingyu hasn't talked to me.

Why am I even expecting him to apologize?

I guess I'll just have to let it be. He's a man of pride and so am I.

Wonwoo seemed to be in a good mood right now because he's been telling me jokes I sometimes don't understand but because he's just so precious and cute, I still laugh. I hope he stays like this.

The waiting room for the radio show is nice and comfy. I could relax here all day long.

I saw the KBS staff I was with entered the room.

"Hey, Ms. Han!" He greeted me.

I smiled back.

I realized I haven't even asked his name. I just know him as a KBS staff. The atmosphere is not building up even when he's here. But it was still a shame he was able to witness Mingyu's nonsensical wrath towards me this morning. I trust this man he won't expose it to the public.

He just greeted me and then bid goodbye again because he has a lot of things to do.

I dared glanced at Mingyu who's sitting beside Seungcheol. These two have already talked over what happened and I honestly don't want to be involved in other issues no more

I saw him looking at me. Wow, it's the first time since the incident happened that he took some time to look at me.

By the time the program started, everyone's done with their script reading. I decided to go out for a while because I know the members will be taking a long time to be in the radio show. The staff members are also taking time to rest after a long and tiring day.

I bought boba tea since I missed it so much. While walking back the studio, I didn't expect to see a lot of fans outside the radio booth. All of them are teenage girls and some even have banners.

I don't know what got into me but I pretended to be one of them and sat on one vacant seat.

"Ahh~ Woozi is so cute."

"I hope Mingyu notice me."

"I made this banner just for my Jun oppa."

And the side comments just go on and on. They're talkative when the songs are playing but when it's time for the show to start introducing Seventeen as their guests, everyone was paying attention to them.

I got interested to listen and watch them from outside the booth as well.

The boys are obviously having fun with the Super Junior's Leeteuk as the dj.

He even asked who in the group watches adult vidoes. My eyes widened with the question. That never crossed my mind, really.

Seungkwan answered Chan aka Dino.

The fans beside me are all laughing and giggling while I stay stunned as I am.

I can't believe Chan, the one I treat as my youngest brother before Samuel, is now watching videos.

BUT,

They're all living in the same dorm. Of course, when one watches, everybody will follow. I wonder if Mingyu watches too? Of course, he's a young man with raging hormones. Hmmm...

I shook my head, why am I even thinking about this?

The games started as well as showing off individual talents. I was laughing at their silly antics.

The show with Seventeen lasted for almost two hours. Heck, I wasn't even aware of the time. I enjoyed watching them from the outside.

IT was already midnight when we were all heading back to Pledis. All the members looked tired but I guess that's how their life basically is. They still need to practice for a special number in one music program.

Their practice room is completely different now. It looks nice and spacious.

I'm actually glad what they used as a practice room before isn't what they're still using now because I would totally feel awkward getting in there with all the memories I had back then flashing in my mind.

The staff had a meeting with what will happen for Seventeen's fan meeting tomorrow in Apgujeong. I haven't been to a fan meet event before and I don't know how it works but I'll see it for myself tomorrow.

The staff meeting ended and I went to the comfort room to pee. I also checked myself in the mirror. It's one in the morning. I have to get home now. I'll be checking on Jaejin.

I went out of the comfort room when someone grabbed my wrist.

"Can we talk?"

Wow, I can't believe Mingyu is really asking me if we could talk right now. As much as I want to ignore him, I faced him with straight face.

"What for?"

Are they done practicing? Why is he here?

He looks nervous. I suddenly remember what happened just this morning.

I crossed my arms and looked straight into his eyes.

"What? Are you going to accuse me again of flirting with other guys? Why is it such a big issue to you? You shouted words at me even when there were people around! I am just doing my job here and all you do is to make me feel upset!" I couldn't control my self anymore.

His apologetic expression changed into something else. His face is now stern.

"What do you know about feeling upset, huh? Don't act as if you have never made someone upset because as far as I can remember, you left me hanging three years ago! You didn't even have the decency to talk to me personally to break up with me! All you did was to call me and tell me you can't be in a relationship with me anymore! Have you ever thought of how that made me feel? Probably not because you are too selfish to even care about my feelings!"

It was like he has been keeping these words for a long time and now he can finally shove it to my face.

"I have never cried like how much I cried for you, Soojin."

I closed my mouth to keep my lips from trembling. I don't know what to say anymore. I know he's blaming me. I can't blame him for putting all the blame on me. I have really hurt him.

"You leaving me was the worst nightmare of my life. It ruined me. I almost lost it. But it's over now. I don't want to be that crazy, naive Mingyu I used to be. I'm so much better now. You see, I've learned to be who I am today because of my past mistakes."

Mistake? He considers his relationship with me as a mistake?

I tried to maintain a straight face but I don't think it's working because I can already feel my tears swelling up my eyes.

"I'll try to be civil to you, Soojin. So I hope you don't get in my way. That's all I have to say."

Then, the conversation ended just like that.

I was left leaning on the wall while wiping my stupid tears away.