005

The Heart's Best Mistake

Present Time

2016 

 

 

Martina sneezed and stepped out of the shower, she wrapped herself in a robe before heading back to her room.

Her phone beeped and she ignored it again. She padded to her walk-in closet and pulled out a pair of thigh high boots, black leggings and a boxy white button down.

“You really have to learn how to pick up.” A male voice made her stop.

She blinked as she found her younger brother standing in the middle of her room.

“Yo, noona.” He was smiling at her while waving his phone near his face.

“Jungkook!” She broke into a grin and hugged him.

“I know you’re glad to see me,” Jungkook stated as his sister pulled back.

“But you wont like the reason why I’m here.” He pointed out.

Mona’s brows rose.

“Did something happen? Appa and eomma are fine, right?”

“They are, noona. But, get dressed, we can talk later. I’ll have the guest room prepared.” Jungkook winked before leaving the room.

 

 

Mona slipped out of her room and was surprised for the second time.

“Harin!” She smiled before attacking her friend with a hug. Jungkook grinned from the couch.

“Jungkook dragged me here, whatever he’s going to tell you, please listen.” Harin squeezed her hands before making Mona sit.

“Noona, halmae…she’s been wanting for you to come home.”

Jungkook saw how his sister recoiled and winced.

“Home? Seoul? Why?”

“In the company~”

“I’m working here too, Kookie. Our New York branch needs a lot of fixing, and that’s what I’ve been doing ever since.” She pointed out.

“I know, we all know that, noona. But it’s Hwijoo samchon.”

Mona paused at the name of their father’s younger brother.

“What happened?” She paused, Harin looked away, her forehead furrowed.

“A few weeks ago, he collapsed in his office. We kept it from the media, nobody knows except for the board.” Jungkook explained, Mona sighed and leaned back on the couch.

“How is he?”

“It..doesn’t look good, halmae has been finding a way not to raise suspicion, but if appa takes his position, people will ask questions. Samchon hasn’t be attending any events or meetings, they’re already looking for him.”

“So, that’s why halmae wants me to come home.”

“I would volunteer for you, noona, but I’m a few months short from graduation.” Jungkook offered.

“I know, but Kookie, going home…I don’t think I can stand being questioned or judged…You know what happened.” She chewed on the inside of her cheek.

Jungkook looked away, ever since his sister’s divorce two years ago, a lot of rumors have been flying around her. Even their circle in the society has shunned her when she visited once. In their eyes, her being divorced is a big stain on the Jeon name.

“You’re afraid that they might talk about you again? Come on, M.” A bored masculine voice surprised her, Harin and Jungkook stood up.

“Well, if this best friend can’t persuade you enough, I brought the realest.” Jungkook kissed his sister’s cheek before leaving the room with Harin.

 

 

Mark flexed his neck as he tossed the red gloves away. He looked around him, the fitness gym was empty, except for his secretary.

“What time?” He asked as he grabbed his water bottle, his assistant proceeded to remove the wrap on his free fist.

“The meeting will start in an hour, sir. It’s at their Jamsil office.” He replied as he checked on his phone.

“I’ll be there, and I’ll be driving. Tell driver Cho he can have an early off.”

“Sir, it’s just two in the afternoon.” His secretary grew confused.

“So?” Mark faced him, both of his hands free of wraps.

“I’m sorry, president.” The secretary swallowed and left.

Mark walked to the shower room, he took out his phone and leaned against the counter.

Jackson had sent him a short text message.

Just landed in Seoul, hyung. Am meeting up with JB and Jinyoung. Join us tonight!

 

 

 

“Yoongi.” Mona sighed, the male slid down on the couch and crossed his legs.

“Come on, you’ve been hiding from all the scrutiny, I understand. It was painful for you, but M, that’s your company. You own the biggest hotel chain in Asia, why would you let some gossipers scare you?”

“You don’t understand, it~”

“You weren’t like this, this isn’t you. Where’s the friend that embarrassed one of the most popular girls in high school when she was bullying Harin? Where’s that kickass chick who graffiti painted the motorcycle of the dude who tried to feel her up in the bus?”

“Riding public was a mistake.” She sighed under her breath, but Yoongi’s glare made her close .

“You used to not to give a , you used to not give a about those people who judged and doted over you when we were younger. You’re the eldest child, heir to a large company. What happened was never in your control, not even Ma-…his.”

“Yoongi, coming home, taking that seat for Hwijoo samchon means I have to stay. I don’t think I can do that.”

“You can,” Yoongi stood up and sat beside her, he was smiling as he took her hand in his.

 

“Seoul city is waiting for it’s favorite brat. Of course, the guys miss you too. So, come home, M. We miss you.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++