025

The Heart's Best Mistake

 

Jin smiled as Mona joined him at their table.

“You seem happy.” He commented as she picked up the menu.

“I feel better than usual.” She grinned, Jin nodded and called for the hostess.

“I heard from Taehyung that you were being up for grabs.”

“What?” Seokjin paused.

“Auntie’s been arranging you on blind dates.” She mused, she saw how the older male winced and she laughed.

“Is it going to be hard to grab lunch with you from now on?”

“No, princess Jeon is an exception.” He rolled his eyes at her.

“But tell me, did something good happen today?” Jin reached for her hand, she smiled.

“I met up with Mark before going here.”

Jin nodded.

“I asked him if we could be friends again, you know, like before.”

“Well, you’re brave.” Jin commented.

“I miss being friends with him, oppa.” She shrugged before telling the waiter was she wanted to eat, Jin leaned back on his seat.

“Just friends?”

“Yeah, just friends. Its better that way.” She nodded before going back to the waiter again.

 

 

“Doesn’t he know I’m busy?” Harin crossed one leg over the other, Yoongi glanced at the two women with him.

Namjoon was sitting at by the bar, grabbing their drinks for them.

“Why is it just us four?”

“The others are a bit busy, M.” Harin replied.

Here you go, gin and tonic for the couple and bottled water for M.” Namjoon arrived with their beverages.

“Why does my brother want to meet up in this semi pub thing?” Martina looked around her, Yoongi suppressed a grin.

They’re here. Kookie!” Harin waved at the younger male, Martina looked up, then she saw a young female beside her brother. She was dressed in an orange sweater, a pair of black jeans and yellow high tops.

Well say hello to Stabilo.” Mona mused, Namjoon grinned and faced Jungkook.

“Stabilo?” Harin asked, Yoongi reached out to squeeze Marti’s knee.

It was a warning. And a reminder.

“Noona, I want you to meet Jo Somi, we’ve been seeing each other for a while now.” Jungkook smile was sweet.

“Are you seeing this?” Martina whispered to Harin, who winced at her.

“Let’s be polite, Jeon Mona.” Yoongi hummed.

 Martina plastered a smile on her face before looking at the girl and her brother.

“Hi, nice to meet you, Somi.” She stretched her palm, the girl shyly took her hand.

“But, Jeon Jungkook, why are we meeting here? Do they even serve dinner?” Mona asked.

“No, but there’s a restaurant across, we can~”

“Good. I’ll see you there. Yoongi? H?” Mona stood up, Namjoon chuckled. Jungkook blinked.

“See you there then, Kookie.” Mona nodded before pulling Harin and Yoongi with her.

 

 

 

“Hmm, not bad.” Jackson commented as he slid down the car. Mark shrugged and killed the engine of his Maserati.

“Yugyeom said this place serves good pizza.” Mark noted as they approached the doors.

You don’t get it, I don’t like her.

You don’t like her because she’s his girlfriend.

The two males paused.

Why do those voices sound so familiar?” Jackson blinked, Mark glanced sideways and paused.

You saw her, she looks like a Stabilo highlighter.

Back to school?” Jackson asked, Marti looked up and halted. Harin grinned and approached the two.

Just the two guys I need, I cant deal with her right now. Let’s go.” Harin wrapped both arms around their necks and pulled them to the doors.

Martina exhaled and closed her eyes briefly.

Wow, the day just keeps getting better, huh?” Yoongi grinned at her.

 

 

“So, we’re getting the large, add-ons are olives, pineapple and bacon.” Jungkook stated.

“I don’t like olives.” M blinked.

“Noona, Somi’s favorite topping~”

“I didn’t ask.” Martina leaned back on her seat, Namjoon’s brows rose.

“We can get another one. You can go call the waiter.” Harin shook her head at the younger male. Jungkook nodded slowly, Somi had just come back from the restroom.

“They also got the best pickled cucumbers here unnie, I’ll ask the waiter to grabs some for us.”

“She can’t take cucumbers.” Jin was smiling as he plopped beside the girl.

“Thank heavens he’s here.” Namjoon exhaled.

 

 

 

“Oh, it’s him.” Jackson nodded towards their table, Mark followed his friend’s gaze. His brows met briefly, but he faced his soda again.

“Is it me or noona looks a little…uncomfortable?” Yugyeom said in between chews.

“She’s not uncomfortable, she probably doesn’t like Jungkook’s girl.” Mark said, Jackson grinned.

“You still know her well, hyung.” Yugyeom mused.

“Yeah, that’s the worst part.” Mark shrugged.

“Uh-oh, she looks angry.” Jackson took a sip from his Sprite, Mark looked up just as Marti walked out from the place.

“Hyung, you were always the one who calmed her down.”

 

 

“Ah, that’s him, right? Unnie, you’re ex-husband.”

Everyone on the table froze, Somi was looking at Mark across the table.

“I saw the two of you on a magazine when I was in high school. You two were so popular here, like, relationship goals.” Somi chuckled as she chewed.

Marti looked at her slice, she felt Jin’s hand on hers.

“Eat up.” He urged her softly.

“So, hyung mentioned about a trip.” Namjoon opened up.

“Right, like a trip before I take over. Want to go with me?” Jin nudged Martina.

“Sounds good, where?”

“I prepared a list, we’re doing the whole cliché touristy thing.” Jin grinned, Mona just nodded back.

“I’m in. Whatever it is.”

“Did you two really meet in London, unnie?” Somi asked, Mona looked up.

“I read that from an article, he was a sunbae~”

“Look here, kid,” Mona faced the girl, Jungkook paused. Yoongi put his pizza down.

“If you want to know so much, Mark Tuan is just right over there, go ask him. Or just shut your mouth and remember where you place is.” She stood up.

M~

“Mona.” Jin tried to stop her.

I’ll be taking a cab home.” She grabbed her purse and walked out of the restaurant.

 

 

 

 

Mona heard the footsteps behind her.

She exhaled.

Okay, I hate her. I don’t like her. Did you see what she was wearing?

Oh god and she started asking about the marriage. How crazy is that? She’s just a girlfriend, they’re not even married yet!

And she wanted to feed me cucumbers! ing cucumbers!

She sighed and let her bag drop down to her hand.

She’s just so annoying, god, Mark, I~” She turned and paused.

“Oppa.” She blinked, Jin buried his hands in his jean pockets.

“So, I’m not Mark and I’m guessing you don’t like Somi?”

She nodded slowly, confused.

She had assumed it was Mark, she was used to ranting to Mark.

“Can I drive you home? You can curse all you want in the car.” Jin offered with a small smile.

“We can grab McDonald’s on the way if you’re still hungry.” He grinned and offered his arm to her, M nodded and looped her arm around his.

She glanced back at the resto, Mark was standing by the glass doors, chatting with Harin and Yoongi. His eyes met hers briefly and he smiled before walking to his car.

 

I thought it was you.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++