041

The Heart's Best Mistake

 

 

“They do know that I don’t intend to stay longer then a week, right?” Mona looked up from her desk.

It has been three days since she got back from Taiwan and her meetings just kept on piling.

“Vice president, they are all just rushing and a bit worried that they might not get to talk to you personally.”

She sighed and put her phone down. She started to stand and pick up her Givenchy purse.

“I have to get lunch. I’ll be with Jungkook, please, I won’t be receiving any calls, okay?” She spoke as she walked towards the double doors.

The male nodded and opened the door for her.

 

 

Martina looked up as Jungkook sat across her.

“I heard Chanyeol oppa talked to you.” She started, Jungkook’s brows met.

“For how long did you know, noona?”

“A few days after I got back, I did a quick background check. Just to make sure you were safe. And okay.” She said hastily, Jungkook nodded.

“The kid isn’t yours, Kookie. I made sure of that.”

“I know, noona. That’s why,” Jungkook reached for something underneath the table and produced a giant box of tulips.

“I’m sorry for being an .” He said carefully, Mona started to smile.

“Yeah, you were being one.” She mused as she flicked one of the buds.

“Thank you, Kookie.”

“Best wishes, noona.” He winked at her.

“Don’t make me kill you.”

 

 

“I seriously can’t understand.” Martina started as she picked up the wallet and set it down again. Jungkook just let his sister rant.

They were at the mall and she was looking for a gift for him.

“Should I get you a watch?” She blinked at him, Jungkook glanced at his sibling’s secretary and chuckled.

“Noona, isn’t this supposed to a surprise?” He queried.

“Have you seen how packed my schedule is? Do you think I have the time~” She exhaled and shook her head.

“I’ll just coordinate with eomma and appa.” She muttered.

“Can you call Mark for me?” She glanced at her secretary briefly before walking.

Jungkook just shook his head and followed her.

“Secretary Yoo?” Marti paused.

“Please call Mark for me.” She added while picking up a Fendi purse to examine it.

“Uhm, vice president?” The secretary hesitated.

“Don’t worry, he’ll pick up~”

“Hyung!” Jungkook chirped.

Martina turned, Mark was walking towards her.

Hi.” She said weakly as Mark reached her and leaned over to kiss her cheek.

“Are you trying to bore Jungkook to death?” He asked playfully.

“He’s the one killing me, I’m asking him to choose a gift so that I could get it over with.”

“I’ll go. See you later.” Jungkook rolled his eyes at her before leaving.

Mona glared at her sibling as the younger male hopped away from them, Mark grinned and took her hand.

We’re meeting the guys later after the graduation ceremony. H is throwing a party for Jungkook and Joey.” Marti said as they walked.

I know, Youngjae texted me. How are things?

Not good. The board is actually kind of pleased that I’m leaving. They are all excited over my friendly and amiable sibling. They said I’m just like uncle Hwijoo. Too strict.

Mark chuckled, T elbowed him.

Nai nai’s been looking for you. She said that the house has become too dull.

You are kind of dull.” She pointed out, Mark made a face at her.

“But, meeting the guys later, are you okay with it?” Mark asked as they approached the escalator.

Why will I not be okay with it? I miss Yoongi and his lack of enthusiasm and Taehyung’s weirdness and~

Even Jin?” Mark asked, Martina blankly stared back at him.

“Jin oppa? Why? I do miss talking to him.” She shrugged at her, Mark blinked at her.

My blind girl.” Mark mused before walking ahead of her.

“What?” She asked as she bumped her hand with his. Mark just shook his head and looked at her.

I think it’s time to go to Sungkyunkwan. The ceremony is starting in an hour.” Mark said as they got on the escalator.

You just reminded me that I should call Jin oppa, I never got to call him after I left him at Disneyland.” She sighed, Mark shrugged at her and gestured for her it was time to get off the machine.

“Really? Nice.” Mark commented, T paused and spun around to eye him.

Nice?

I love you.” Mark put on an innocent smile and pecked her cheek.

You wait here, I’ll bring the car around.” He said before heading towards the elevator.

 

Marti just shook her head and walked towards the revolving doors.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++