029

The Heart's Best Mistake

 

I’m sorry about that, Yoongi..can be an sometimes.” Mona faced him, Mark grinned and climbed up on the stool.

He has a point though.

I know, that’s why I hate him.” She mused before taking out the vegetables.

Look, T~

“I got the rest of the stuff from Taehyung. They’re at the garden.” Jin came back with a bunch of shopping bags.

“Cool. What are we making first?” She asked.

Mark looked at his fingers.

“Salad.” Jin smiled as he started to segregate the meats and veggies.

“Can you slice this for me?” Jin handed her the cucumbers. Mark looked up.

“I’ll do it.” He stood up and walked to him, Jin looked at him.

“She hates cucumber, can’t even stand the smell.” Mark nodded before taking it from the male.

“Really?” Jin glanced at Marti, she looked up.

“Yeah. Hated that thing since I was a kid. Ugh.” She winced as Mark opened the packaging, the male laughed.

Don’t start, Mark Tuan.” She warned before handing him the knife.

“You bet I wont.” He mused, Jin just nodded, his brows furrowed as he turned his back to them to take out the meat.

 

 

 

“You two aren’t going to kill each other, right?” Harin sounded worried as Jungkook strolled in the poolside with Somi in tow.

Joey and Jackson looked up.

“Just where have you been?” Taehyung asked as the male sat down across him.

“Over at Joey’s place actually.” Jungkook said.

Mona stepped out of the glass doors, she walked to the table and put the salad down.

You said Jungkook was coming over.” She spoke, Harin looked up.

M~

Just him. Is this some kind of joke?” She muttered, Mark appeared behind her. He halted when he saw Jungkook and Somi.

“Noona, aren’t you being overboard? I introduced her to you formally!” Jungkook stood up.

“In case it hasn’t been clear to you, I don’t like her.” She replied, Jin appeared with the grilled meat.

T.” Mark said calmly.

“Noona, you can’t just pop back in my life and tell me what to do.” Jungkook replied.

“I’m not telling you to do anything. This is my house, Jungkook. Why bring her here?”

Somi was in tears.

“Mona,” Jin took her hand, but she yanked it back.

“It’s always all about you, noona. Leave me alone!”

Harin tensed, Yoongi shook his head and sent Taehyung a look.

“Me? You would not answer any of my calls, and I had to find out you crashed somebody else’s place, Jeong Jungkook. Who wouldn’t be mad?”

T, stop it.” Mark spoke again.

“If you cant accept us as a couple, then don’t noona, but we’re having dinner here.” Jungkook met her gaze.

“Fine.” She replied, she yanked the apron off her waist and walked away from the table.

Mark? Talk to her, please.” Harin sighed.

Mark put the plate down on the table before running after her.

Taehyung and Yoongi stared at the other girl in question; she looked up just as Jin joined their table.

“Jin is here.” Yoongi pointed out in a low tone.

“You win.” She mumbled back.

 

T pushed the metal door back and started to walk, she heard it creak open again.

“Go away!”

T, stop.” Mark caught up to her and grabbed her wrist, she sighed and looked at him.

“He’s being tricked! Or drugged! I hate her!”

Mark nodded.

But T, he’s your brother. And you two shouldn’t…You shouldn’t have gone…a little psycho on him.” Mark said, T shrugged him off.

He likes this girl, T. And…right now, in his mind, you’re just trying to get in between them.

That’s what I’m doing.” She faced him and brushed her tears away from her cheeks.

Mark sighed.

Mark, I just don’t want him with that girl!” She whined, Mark smiled and nodded.

I know, T. I know.” He nodded, then she started to sob.

He hates me.” She mumbled, Mark shook his head before pulling her to his chest.

Now…maybe a little.” He said.

Ya!

He chuckled and patted her back comfortingly.

So, are we not going back inside? I’m kind of hungry, T.

I don’t know, will you treat me to dinner? I left my bag inside.” She pulled away from him, Mark chuckled.

“Of course.”

I’m really craving for Mexican food though.” She stated as they walked back to the house.

Cool, I’ll go get the car.” Mark said before walking to the gates.

Mona looked up just as the Aston Martin rolled out of the gates, she paused as she recognized the car.

I gave it an upgrade.” Mark said as he rolled down the windows.

She chuckled before walking around the vehicle and slid inside.

Jade green, I like it.” She mused.

Mark just smiled and stepped on the gas. Mona leaned back on her seat and glanced at his side profile.

 

 

We were young, Mark, too young for marriage and mistakes.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++