031

The Heart's Best Mistake

 

“You have to talk to him, alright?” Chanyeol said as the van pulled over, Baekhyun was waving at her as she opened the door. She smiled back at him.

“Can’t you do that for me instead?” She asked again.

Chen gently unstrapped her seatbelt for her.

“Nope, we have a concert tomorrow~”

“And you are going to attend!” Suho hummed.

Martina winced and sighed. Her cousin did give her gold passes for their concert.

“Okay, I’ll be there.” She nodded, Chanyeol squeezed her hand before helping her down the van.

 

 

 

Martina stared at the photos blankly.

“I can’t deal with this.” She said darkly.

“What?”

She looked up, Jin had just walked in her room.

“Work stuff.” She fibbed as she swiftly dropped the magazine on top of the documents.

“You ready? I don’t think I can stand this party.” He complained, she chuckled and stood up.

“It’s your party, oppa.” She reminded him and fixed the lapels of his tuxedo coat. Seokin made a face but he smiled at her.

“Isn’t this too short, M?” Jin gestured to her dress. Martina shrugged, Harin had forced her to wear the Balmain number, it was a gold silk long sleeved piece with a criss-cross design on the chest and back.

“I pretty much let Harin do her thing, you know.” She shrugged as she put on her Givenchy stilettos, Jin shook his head at her before leaning down to help her put on the shoes. Mona grew a little uncomfortable, but she just thanked him.

“Thanks for volunteering to pick me up, oppa.”

“No problem, M. How’s Jungkook?” Jin asked as they stepped out of the room.

“Still wont talk to me, but I’ll live…I guess.” She murmured as she opened her phone, then her brows furrowed.

Oh god.

 

 

 

“Everyday, your rivals multiply.” Jimin murmured as he gave his phone to Taehyung, Namjoon leaned over to take a peek.

Hoseok grinned at Yoongi.

Jin was sitting with them at their table, the party hasn’t started yet, but people were already slowly arriving, most of them were staring at Jin with curiosity.

“So, Jeon Mona is dating an idol now? Daebak.” Namjoon chuckled.

“Apparently, they were seen together last night, having a couple of beers, he even drove her home. Wow.” Taehyung blinked.

“Did you know about this, hyung?”

Jin shook his head; his brows met briefly before shaking his friends off then he left their table.

Harin shook her head and sighed.

 

 

An idol? Like a Kpop star, right?” Jackson asked, Jinyoung looked up from his cell. Jaebum was standing beside them inside the elevator.

“I think he’s going to be annoyed..well, that’s the pilot guy and this one.” Jaebum replied.

The doors slid open; they saw Mark happily chatting with BamBam, Yugyeom and Youngjae.

“He seems…happy.” Jackson murmured as they approached the four.

“Have you seen the article? About Marti?” Jinyoung asked him.

“Yeah, I have. It’s quite funny actually.” Mark chuckled before gesturing for them to get inside the party.

Funny? Like, LOL, I have another rival?” Jackson blinked.

No, they’re cousins, you doofus.” Mark mused before signing his name on the entrance.

Oh and he knows, but her friends don’t seem to?” Jackson mumbled as he remembered seeing Jin stepping out of the party, the male looked annoyed and out of sorts.

“He knows a lot about Mona. Vice versa.” Jaebum shrugged.

 

 

 

“Hey, hyung.”

Mark looked up just as the younger Jeon approached him.

“Jungkook, your~”

“No, we can talk about that later.” Jungkook stated, Yoongi was making their way towards them.

“What?” Mark asked, his went to Marti, who was chatting with two directors from Korea Air. Mark noticed how Jin had one arm on her back as they walked around, his brows met briefly.

“So, before I leave this party, I’m going to give you a heads up.” Yoongi said, Jungkook nodded along.

“Marti’s flying to LA tomorrow with Jin.”

Mark’s brows rose, Jaebum halted.

“Yoongi~”

“I don’t know what she told you, or if she asked you to back off. But I’m going to punch you if you do, but here’s the deal. When they get there, Jin hyung plans to tell her things, okay?”

“Things you would hate.” Jungkook added.

“He’s always had feelings for her, Mark. And those two are pretty close, so…you be the judge.” Yoongi slapped his shoulder before exiting the hall.

 

 

Mona glanced at her Hermes timepiece, her brows furrowed.

“Is everything okay, M?” She felt Jin’s palm on her back, she looked up and smiled at him.

“I kind of need to go, oppa. I have an Exo concert to be at.” She said with an apologetic smile.

Jin’s jaw tightened.

“Mona, about him, what~”

“I’ll call you tomorrow before I leave for the airport, okay? See you.” Mona kissed his cheek before making her towards the doors.

 

 

Ma? Is something wrong?

So something has to be wrong so I can call my son?

Mark flinched, he had stepped out of the party to pick up his mother’s call.

Ma, you only call me when something’s not going your way.” He mused, then he saw Mona exiting the hall.

I’m just checking on you, we’ll be flying to Seoul next week for Joey’s graduation.

Okay, I’ll take note of that. But Ma? I’ll call you back, okay?

He walked after Mona as she approached the receptionist.

“Can you call a cab for me~”

T?

She glanced back, Mark shook his head at the female behind the counter.

“A cab? Where’s your car?”

Yoongi and Harin had this argument, he took my keys and left.

Mark eyed her get up and shook his head, he took his phone and sent a message to his secretary.

Where are you off to, T?

Mark could sense her discomfort towards him as they walked towards the doors.

A concert.

Off to see your rumored idol boyfriend?” He mused, Martina shook her head.

He saw his black Lamborghini Huracan arriving.

Well, it might rain tonight. Don’t take the cab.” Mark nodded towards the car, Martina paused.

Mark~

Take it. I can just hitch with Jinyoung.” Mark said as he walked her to the car, the valet handed the keys back to him.

Here.” He placed the keys on her palm, she saw Marti frown briefly. Mark shook off his jacket and draped it around her shoulder.

Say hi to Chanyeol hyung for me.” He mused before going back to the hotel. Martina got in the car and started the engine, she felt comforted as the machine’s engine purred to life. Then she glanced back at the doors, Mark was making his way back to the party. She glanced at her purse on the passenger seat.

“You have two tickets, invite a friend or something.” Chanyeol’s words echoed in her head, she exhaled as she reached for the door handle, then she halted.

A familiar figure was walking towards Mark, the female smiled before hugging him.

 

Hyemin.

 

 

 

“I had it all, I once had it all. But I just let it slip away. I should have spoken the truth.”

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++