037

The Heart's Best Mistake

 

Mona smiled at her secretary thankfully as she took the Goyard duffel from her.

“This is one of our new jets, so it has a bathroom. You can shower, vice president.”

She smiled and went to her seat.

“Thanks.”

“Good luck, ma’am.” She bowed and left the plane. Marti just strapped her seatbelt on before hiding under her Hermes blanket.

Then her phone pinged.

Thank god, my words got through that thick skull of yours. Have a safe flight, hunny. PS: Yoongi says he’s proud of you. And I think Chanyeol spoke to Jungkook about Somi.  – Lee Harin

She smiled before going to sleep.

 

 

Mark walked in his room, he had just dropped Hyemin at her new place. A few days ago when she came to find him in Seoul he was shocked to see her again. But then it turns out she just came to thank him.

Hyemin was finally free of her ex-husband’s clutches and she got custody over their son, Minsoo. And she told him she found a stable job at a nearby law firm in Taipei. But she was worried about flying to Taiwan alone because of her husband’s threats.

Which was why Mark had invited her to come with him since he was needed at the company’s main headquarters.

He took off his coat and ed his shirt, then he looked at the two rings hanging around his neck.

His brows met briefly.

“Maybe we need this, T. A reset.” He stated before going to the bathroom.

 

 

 

Mona was greeted by Mandarin Oriental Hotel’s manager as she stepped in the lobby.

“We have prepared your presidential suite, madam.”

“Thank you. How are things with this branch?” She asked, the hotel was owned by Jackson’s family and she had gone with Jackson many times a few years ago.

We’re doing well, chairman Wang has been doing a great job, despite his constant whining.

Martina chuckled as she stepped in the elevator.

You will directly arrive at your floor, ma’am. Thank you for staying with us.” The male bowed politely just as the doors closed.

Marti leaned back on the decorated wall.

I want a reset.” She said just as the doors beeped open. She smiled to herself as she walked to her room.

 

 

Mark got inside the back of the Rolls Royce.

Joey?” He answered his phone just as the door was closed, the car started moving.

I’m on my way to the company for the meeting.

Are you going to take dad’s offer? You know what that means, right?” Joey asked, Mark blinked. His sibling sounded stressed.

Staying here..?” Mark replied, confused.

Are you going to?” Joey asked again.

I will, dad’s having a hard time managing the HQ, nai nai’s not getting any younger too.” Mark stated, he glanced at the window.

But, ge,

Look, Joe, I need to go. I’m just a few blocks away now. I have to meet people. I’ll call you back later.

 

 

Martina was dressed in a white slim fitting mini dress and a pair of suede thigh high boots as she stepped inside the waiting car.

To TGC, right ma’am?

Yes.” She nodded and leaned back on the seat. She put her Fendi purse on her lap and stared at her nails.

I just want you to know that it’s okay to be greedy, alright?

Harin, spoiled brat fashion designer Lee Harin has never been this on point her whole life.

And Mona loved her for it. But then again, she was nervous.

The car pulled to a full stop and she stared at TGC’s familiar logo with horror.

We’re here, ma’am

I know.” She breathed before sliding down the Benz.

 

 

Mark entered the lobby and was welcomed by TGC’s executives. He put on a polite smile as he greeted them one by one, his secretary was behind him as he walked. He was a little uncomfortable to the way they bowed to him. He shook his head to himself.

“Uhmm, sir?”

“It’s nice to see you again, director Zhou.” Mark smiled and shook the male’s hand.

“Vice president.” His secretary urged again, Mark just continued greeting them one by one, he knew he was breaking his safety protocol, but he hated being rude.

“Sir.” The male urged again, Mark closed his eyes briefly and faced him.

“It’s~” He stopped.

No, everything seems to have stopped.

Martina was walking towards the revolving doors.

Martina.” Mark was stunned, people started to recognize her as she started to run towards him.

Mark.” She panting slightly as she reached him. Mark looked at her, then his gaze met hers.

T, I thought you were in LA~

I’m sorry. But I have to be greedy.” She spoke.

What? Did some~

Mona smiled at him before cupping both sides of his face and pulling him down to kiss him fully on the lips.

 

 

Mine.” She whispered before pulling away.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++