026

The Heart's Best Mistake

 

 

 “So, what’s the deal? You…seem very irritable.” Jin asked as he leaned against the car’s hood.

Mona shook her head.

“I was just a little…offended.”

“She was just curious, most girls in our so called circle was jealous of you back then.”

“Really?”

“You were living the life, Mona. Married early, you were happy and your husband cared for you. People could see that. But then, you got divorced.”

She shrugged.

“I just didn’t feel like discussing about Mark.”

Jin paused.

“Why? Did something happen?”

She smiled and shook her head.

“It’s nothing, oppa. Thanks for this.” She raised her ice cream cup. Jin nodded.

“Come here.” Jin waved her over, she paused and walked to him. He smiled before wrapping his arms around his.

“I’m always here for you, Mona. Don’t forget that.”

She smiled and nodded before burying her face in his chest.

 

 

 

You rejected dad’s offer?” Joey asked as he strolled in the kitchen. Mark looked up from his coffee.

I did. You heard?

It’s on the news. Why?

Why?” Mark picked up the day’s paper.

You kept in saying it was the plan. Leaving Seoul after establishing TGC here, it’s done, ge.

Mark’s brows met.

Is it because of jie jie being back? I heard you and Jaebum hyung talking the other night. You told him~

I’m trying, Joe. She just wants to be friends again.” Mark said, Joey nodded and made himself a sandwich.

“So, when are you going to tell me that Jungkook’s here?” Mark said, Joey blinked at him, the older Tuan glanced at the window on his left. A black BMW was parked besides Joey’s Land Rover.

They fought. Mona jie went all..in his words, psycho on Somi. He didn’t want to face her last night. So~

“Sorry, hyung.” Jungkook strolled in with Somi beside him. Mark almost choked on his coffee. Joey winced.

I didn’t know he brought his girlfriend. T will kill you.” Mark glanced at his sibling.

“You know, just feel at home. I have to get to work. Jungkook, make sure to call your sister.” Mark left the kitchen quietly.

 

 

“So, this is his rival.” Jaebum leaned over the magazine.

Jinyoung looked at his friends in amusement. Youngjae was poring through the article, while Bam Bam chewed on his spaghetti.

“He’s a pilot and an heir to a major airline company.” Youngjae stated.

“They have a lot of photos together.” Jackson nodded.

“I thought a lot of families have been trying to set noona on a date with their sons.” BamBam spoke.

“Some were worried, I mean that would mean they would have to be at par with the Mark Tuan, but then we have this pilot guy. Plus, he’s kinda close with M too.”

Hi, guys, sorry for being late.” Harin joined their table.

“Oh, you’re reading that.” She chuckled.

“What do you think, noona? About this guy and Marti noona?” Youngjae asked.

“Maybe she should give Jin a chance. What does Mark say on this?” Harin shrugged.

“He refused to join us today, he has a meeting.” Jinyoung replied.

“But, honestly, I think it’s going to be hard for M to..let a guy in again, you know.” Harin said.

“Why?” Jackson asked.

“Mark..Mark, I think, he kind of set the standards for her. He..treated her like a princess, I don’t know how other guys would compete to that.” Harin just shook her head.

 

 

Mona grunted and put her pen down.

“So, I’m needed at Jeju in two days?” She clarified, her secretary nodded.

“Arrange a flight, and please remind director Oh about the report I asked for.”

“Yes, ma’am.”

She nodded and dismissed the lady, Mona stood up from her chair and walked to the windows.

“I have to call Jungkook.” She muttered, she heard the doors open behind her.

“Can you contact Jungkook for me?” She asked without turning.

“Did he submit the report~” She spun around and halted.

“Mark.” She blinked.

I had a day.” Mark said as he walked to her, Mona didn’t know what to reply.

And I just need to hold you for a while.” He said before wrapping both arms around her waist, Mona froze, Mark just pressed his nose on her shoulder.

“Just for a while.” He said, his voice deeper than usual.

 

 

“You should just tell her how you feel, hyung.” Jimin pointed out as he passed the salad bowl to Hoseok, Taehyung nodded in agreement as he chewed on his chicken.

“I might lose her, I don’t want that.” Jin shook his head.

“Hyung, you wont lose her. Who knows, Mona noona might accept your confession.” Namjoon stated.

“You two are off on a trip anyway, just tell her when you get there.”

Yoongi looked at his friends and tuned them out.

He watched as Marti waved Jin goodbye as the car sped away. Yoongi made his way towards his friend.

“Yo, M.”

She looked up in surprise.

“I know you’re going to ask~”

“I don’t really care about your whole spoiled brat episode earlier.” He said, Mona closed .

“What’s eating you?” He asked as they entered the property.

“I don’t know, sometimes I don’t even know what I want.”

“Is this…about Mark?”

“It’s always about him, Min Yoongi. I came home here to manage the company but then things..things…” She let out a shaky breath.

“Things aren’t going as planned? Does this explain the spoiled brat episode? Because you hurt Jungkook pretty bad.”

She sighed and just wrapped her arms around his neck.

“Sometimes I just want to run away, Yoongi.”

“M, whatever happens, I’ll support you. What..does your heart say?”

“I should have never asked to be friends.”

 

Yoongi leaned back on his seat and watched as Jimin squabbled with Hoseok. He had no idea what Mona meant last night but he has a feeling it was related to Mark Tuan.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++