033

The Heart's Best Mistake

 

2013, Los Angeles

 

Good morning?” Marti was confused, Mark was beside her, with one elbow propped up as he read a magazine.

“It’s three am.”

“.” She buried her face on the pillow, Mark chuckled.

Jet lag is a .” She murmured before facing up again, Mark just opened one arm to her.

Do you want something to drink? Tea? Milk?

I’m good.” She replied before inching close to him for warmth, Mark just nodded, he pressed his nose on her hair briefly before shutting off the night lamp.

Do you think we can get to see Woody tomorrow?” Mark asked playfully, Martina mumbled a yes.

I wanna see Stitch too.” She said groggily.

And Maleficent.” She mused before burying her cheek on his chest and let sleep consume her.

 

 

“Not funny, Mark.”

Mark chuckled behind the wheel; they were driving to Anaheim for a three-day stay at Disneyland. The rest of their friends were already there, waiting for them.

Fresh air, T.

It’s polluted.” She made a face as she tied her hair up, Mark was excited to drive his Aston Martin Vantage Convertible, despite Mona’s protests.

Why do we always have to do touristy things?” Mark muttered to himself as Mona browsed through her phone.

Youngjae wanted to do this, besides we’re doing it in style.” She mused, Mark’s right hand left the wheel and took hers.

I have to be in Seoul for a week next month, wanna come?

Nope.” She didn’t even glance at him as she replied, Mark chuckled.

I have school, Mark, plus I have to be in New York.

Lies.” Mark snorted but he kissed the back of her hand.

It’s true!

You just don’t want to come home, T. It’s okay. I understand.” He teased again, Mona just rolled her eyes at him.

 

 

“Jackson, don’t you dare!” Marti warned just as Jackson started chasing her with his Cinderella bubble gun.

“Do we have to wait for the fireworks display? I’m sleepy.” Marti asked as she leaned her chin on Mark’s shoulder while he was enjoying his turkey leg.

I’m cool with heading back to the hotel in a few.” He nodded as he offered her the leg, she took a small bit before pulling away from him.

“You’re tanner than usual. I like it.” Jaebum mused, Martina was dressed in a pair of ripped shorts and a white boxy shirt.

“It’s the LA sun.” Jinyoung nudged her, she just ignored him as she noticed another souvenir store.

“I’m going to pick up some useless souvenirs I probably wont use again.” She said to them before jogging towards the store.

Mark’s eyes followed her as she went in the shop. After a few seconds, she popped out again.

Mark started to walk towards her.

Mark? Have you seen my~ Oh, thanks.” She stopped as Mark handed her Chanel backpack to her.

“Aigoo, my heart.” BamBam sighed dramatically; Mark just slapped his back before walking back to Jackson and Jaebum.

 

 

“It just bothers me.” Marti said, it was already six pm, and they had lost the other guys as they went on different rides.

“About your family’s company?”

“No, not that, about Chanyeol oppa and Hwijoon samchon. They’re not talking, and with Exo’s success now, I just hope…they’d be normal again, you know.”

Uncle Hwijoo didn’t want him to be an artist, right?” Mark asked, T sighed and looped one arm around his.

“We should get priority passes for Universal Studios.” She blinked.

“I already did, T, I know you, you hate waiting.”

“But,” Mark stood in front of her, he held her by the waist.

“You should stop worrying about Chanyeol hyung and your uncle, I’m sure they’ll patch things up. All you have to worry about now is that..Jackson has all the card keys for our suites.” He nodded before kissing her forehead.

Why did you leave them with the kid?” She sighed and pulled back.

He insisted on carrying them, it had Pluto and Goofy as the design.” Mark shrugged.

“Oh, right, I got you something!” Marti paused, she took out a green plushie that made him laugh.

T, why?” He mused as he took it from her.

You love Toy Story.” She chuckled as Mark looked at the three-eyed alien.

The Claw~” She hummed before going around him and jumping on his back. Mark chuckled and held on to her thighs.

Do we really need to see the fireworks? I want to sleep.

We don’t have to, let’s just go back to the hotel.” Mark nodded and started to walk, T grinned and kissed his cheek.

Thanks, Mark Tuan.

“So, we will ride the~”

“No, you can ride that alone. I hate being soaked and tossed around, Mark.” She said pointedly, Mark just chuckled and started run, Martina squealed.

Mark!

I can just drop you on that pond over there.

Try it, I’ll have nai nai freeze out your trust fund!” She snorted, Mark just smiled and slowed down.

We should get dinner. Like proper dinner.” He said.

Sure, my treat. And don’t worry, we wont be getting Mexican, babe.” She nodded, Mark just grinned to himself.

 

We better not, Mrs. Tuan.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++