039

The Heart's Best Mistake

 

 

 

This is nice.” Marti mused as they stepped out of the hotel, Mark had wanted her to check out and move into the Tuan house.

The car?” Mark was confused.

No, the sky.” She jutted her lips upward. Mark just opened the car’s door for her.

Liang will be taking your things home. And we’ll be having dinner out.” Mark said.

We have plans? I thought nai nai wanted to see us for dinner. We’ve got explaining to do.” She said as she slowly slid in the Maserati’s seat.

Mark smiled and leaned down to meet her gaze.

Nah, I can’t share you yet. Maybe tomorrow.” He nodded before closing the door and walking around the vehicle.

 

 

 

Very touristy.” Mona teased as they stepped in Taipei 101’s Shin Yeh 101 Restaurant.

We rarely go out for dinner though. I don’t think we ever did.” Mark said as they were guided to their table.

“I prefer eating at home, you don’t like going out.” She replied, and then before she sat down, her eyes caught something.

T?

Mona reached for the collar of his shirt; Mark was dressed casually, white button down and tapered chinos. The first two buttons were undone, and that revealed the necklace he was wearing.

Marti gently pulled the necklace out and paused.

Our..?” She looked up to meet his gaze.

I’ll give it back to you when we’re settled.” Mark nodded, he kissed her knuckles before returning the necklace underneath his shirt.

So, how was LA?” Mark asked as appetizer arrived.

Balmy, the weather was unpredictable.” She pointed out.

Can we grab ice cream on the way home? Like street ice cream? The one they sell on the streets?” She prattled, Mark grinned and nodded.

People recognize you here.” She said as she noticed some of the elites were glancing at Mark.

Actually, I have a party. Well, a company party.

Oh, this is going to be fun.” She mused, Mark just shook his head at her.

You’ll be my date, right?” Mark asked her.

Yeah, but I need clothes for that. I just packed jeans, joggers and shirts.” She stated.

Mark was about to reply but his phone buzzed, he took it out and read the message. Then Martina paused, it was at that moment she realized something.

T, do you have your phone with you?” Mark looked up.

I think I left it in the hotel. Or in the car on my way to you.” She blinked, Mark passed his phone to her.

Please tell me she’s with you. Her parents just left for Taiwan, they think she was kidnapped or something. –Park Chanyeol.

Hyung, is noona with you? We’re boarding now. – Jungkook

Oh no.” She swallowed.

Martina, did you not tell anyone you were flying here?

Why? Do you announce it to the whole world when you’re off to get your ex-husband back?” She replied, Mark snorted.

Can I hide at your place?” She asked again.

Of course.” Mark just laughed.

 

 

T, we don’t have to sneak around.” Mark was amused as he opened the kitchen backdoor for her.

Mona shook her head at him as they stepped in the kitchen, it was already eleven in the evening and the house was very quiet.

But, I don’t want to deal with adults yet. I can’t even adult properly nowadays.” She muttered as she searched for spoons. Mark placed the tub of ice cream on the counter.

The office called me earlier,” She opened up as she climbed on the counter and opened the tub, she handed Mark his spoon and started digging in.

Why?” Mark sat on the stool beside her.

I have pending work. Papers to sign, people to please.” She shrugged. He started to eat, Marti put her spoon down and chewed on her lip in worry.

What is it?” Mark looked up to meet her gaze, his one hand was on her knee.

I just feel bad. I was always out with Jin, and I even asked to be just friends.” She said, Mark just smiled.

Well, you can try being in my shoes tomorrow.” Mark opened up.

What?” She halted; Mark stood up and kissed her forehead.

I think nai nai forgot, she scheduled me a blind date tomorrow. And I don’t think she can cancel on this one.

“Heol.” Marti scowled, Mark just chuckled before taking her spoon from her.

We can finish this in my room. I’ve been meaning to return~

But you can’t go.” She slid down from the counter and exited the kitchen; she was already padding towards the staircase with familiarity when Mark caught up with her.

It’s just for business.” Mark said as he walked behind her.

Mark, women love you.” She stated as she reached their old room, she halted.

You still sleep here?” She asked him, Mark just nodded, and then he took out something from his pocket.

This was your first ring,” He said as he took out the familiar diamond ring and slid it on her finger.

This is mine.” She muttered.

 

I will always be.” Mark kissed the tip of her nose before going in the room.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++