020

The Heart's Best Mistake

 

“Well, the Jeons went all out.” Jaebum nodded, he was seated across Yugyeom and BamBam.

“I’m happy she’s back.” Jinyoung smiled as he glanced at the stage.

“But that noona always hated the spotlight.” Youngjae mused as he noticed a few of the media loitering about the party.

“It’s probably just for PR.” Jaebum pointed out, Jackson’s eyes went to the older male. Mark was sitting quietly amongst them, occasionally; he would check his phone for messages.

“Hyung, how…how.. are things going between you and noona?” Youngjae asked hesitantly.

Mark didn’t reply, he just picked up his champagne and finished the glass.

 

 

 

“People will have to stop assuming that I remember their names. I was like ten when I met most of them.” Martina muttered as she put her phone down. Harin grinned before resuming her chat with Jimin and Hoseok.

“Ya, got a minute?” Yoongi gripped her elbow.

“Sure.” She nodded, Yoongi grinned and took her hand. He led her out to the hanging garden, away from eyes and ears.

“What is it? Trouble in paradise?” She asked him as she sat on the marble bench.

“Oh, so you know we’re going to talk about you?” Yoongi replied, Mona paused.

“Is everything alright, M? You seem a little..unMona-like.”

“It’s the speech. I’m a bit nervous. My accent is still there.” She fibbed.

“Okay, I need to push you. Goodbye mister nice guy.” Suga sighed and leaned across the railings.

“Taehyung, the blabbermouth~”

Mona hissed.

“He said Mark was at your office yesterday.”

Martina stared at her fingers, Yoongi sighed.

“I’m not going to force you to talk, but in case it gets too difficult, I’m here for you, M. Always will be.” He smiled. Mona looked up and met his gaze.

“He told me…he loves me.”

Yoongi stilled, his brows rose.

“We know.”

Martina blinked.

“We could all see it, even back then.”

“Yoongi, how…Hyemin..”

“It’s not her, M.” He slowly shook his head.

“I can’t do this. Not now.” Her brows met.

“You two need to talk. And we have to get back inside.”

“No, you have to help me!” She grabbed his wrist, Yoongi scrunched his nose.

“No, not today.” He chuckled before pulling her back to the party.

“Min Yoongi~”

“I thought I could help you, but it something that everybody already knows, M. He loves you, he always has. Now that you know, you can fix this. Alone.” He squeezed her hand before leaving her.

 

 

“She’s getting a lot of admirers.” Jackson grinned as he watched two young males approached Mona.

She was smiling as they started talking, but around the room, a lot of males would usually search for her in the crowd and would try to meet her gaze.

“Despite the gossip and negative rumors about her, of course, men would always see her beauty. Our pretty noona.” Youngjae nodded, then Mona met his gaze. She grinned at him, Youngjae chuckled and gave her a quick wave.

“Do you think someone would muster the courage to court her?” Jaebum mused. Mark glanced at his friend.

“Jeon Mona, vice president of Jeon Hotels, beautiful, kind and approachable. Also, has tons of male friends.” Harin joined them at their table.

Yo, H.” Jackson grinned at her.

“I think someone will try. Then fail.” She nodded, Jinyoung grinned and bumped fists with her.

“Why? Because of Mark hyung?” BamBam asked.

“No.” Harin mused, just then a tall male had approached Mona.

Him.” Harin’s jutted her lips towards the male, just as Mona saw him.

“Oppa!” Mona halted as her eyes went to the familiar face.

She gasped before launching herself at his arms. The male chuckled before twirling her around and setting her down.

Mark’s brows met as he watched the two.

Jaebum glanced at his friend, Jackson’s brows rose.

Oh well, let’s say hello to jealous Mark Tuan.

 

“Well, this is going to be fun to watch.” Yugyeom nodded before leaning back against his seat.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++