011

The Heart's Best Mistake

 

“You really want to leave Seoul? This city is the bomb!” Jackson said. Mark eyed him doubtfully.

“I mean…even though everywhere you look reminds you of her, but…” He shrugged, Mark ignored his friend and just finished his drink.

“Ya, why hold him back? It’s been a while since he went home.” Jinyoung carefully intervened, Jackson nudged Yugyeom and showed him the article, the younger male balked.

“Actually, I think Jackson hyung is right, we’ll miss you.” He piped in, Jaebum blinked and eyed the two.

“Nothing’s been finalized yet.” Mark stood up and walked to the kitchen.

“Let’s eat.” He said before disappearing to the doors.

“Look, you idiots.” Jackson placed his phone on the table.

“Whoa.” Youngjae scratched the back of his head.

“So, you don’t want him to leave because M’s coming home? Do you like torturing your friends?” Jaebum asked.

“No, they didn’t work last time, what if it will work out this time?” Jackson nodded.

“That doesn’t sound safe.” Jinyoung trailed off.

“So, are we betting on it? Ten thousand, for starters?” Jackson grinned.

“I did not take part in this conversation.” Jinyoung shook his head and left the guys.

“Do you think he knows?” Jackson asked.

“That she’s coming back? I don’t think so.” Jaebum replied.

“Why?” Yugyeom asked.

“He wants her back, Mark would never run away from her. It’s Mona who’s been avoiding him.” Jaebum continued.

“If hyung knows I don’t think he’d be so relaxed about his father retiring. He’d want to stay in Seoul then.” Youngjae calculated.

“That’s why I was asking him to stay. Duh.” Jackson rolled his eyes before leaving them.

 

Martina exhaled as the plane came to a full stop, Jungkook was already on his phone as she tried to brush down her hair.

“Finally.” She heard Harin sigh as the cabin lights signaled that it was okay to stand.

“I told you flying private is better. See? No media to welcome you with warmth.” Yoongi said dryly as they stood up, M grinned and picked up her Hermes purse, she smiled at the flight attendants and approached the doors, then she paused.

“Monananananana!” Taehyung was waving a huge welcome sign from the top of his Porsche Cayenne, while Namjoon was at the side, wincing.

“Only a bunch of immature fools.” Yoongi added.

Hoseok was smiling excitedly as she took the steps down.

“Welcome back, Monana.” Jimin said as he walked to her and welcomed her with a big hug.

“Hi, Chim.” She chuckled as she pulled back, then Taehyung and Hoseok attacked her.

“Taehyung, Seok oppa.” She chuckled as Taehyung kissed her cheek and pulled away.

“You look pretty, like always, our flower.” Hoseok beamed and curled a lock of her hair behind her ear.

So, can I say hi now?” Namjoon strolled to them, M chuckled and walked towards him with open arms.

“Hi, oppa.” She chuckled as she hugged him.

Nice to see you again, M. Now, shall we? It’s getting a bit cold.” Namjoon said as he led her to the waiting BMW.

“Dinner at our house then we can crash.” Jungkook nodded as he hopped in Taehyung’s car with Jimin.

“I’ll see you then.” Yoongi gave them a short wave as his Rolls Royce arrived, Harin slid in the car, and then he followed.

 

 

“We can visit uncle tomorrow, noona.” Jungkook said as she plopped down on the giant beanbag, they were inside the Jeon mansion’s game room.

“How is he?” She asked just as Namjoon and the rest entered.

“Stable..but the doctors really cant predict anything.” Jungkook frowned, she exhaled and threw her head back and started at the ceiling, she blinked as Taehyung’s face hovered over.

“Don’t be sad, M. Everyting’s going to be fine, uncle will be fine.” He said, his deep voice and smiley face made her laugh.

“I know, oddball. I know.” She smiled just as Yoongi joined them with boxes of pizza and cola.

“Pizza, really? Pizza?” Mona questioned, Yoongi blinked at her.

“What?” He asked, Hoseok and Jimin started to laugh.

“I’ve been living in New York for almost two years, now I’m back in Korea, you give me pizza?” She sighed, Yoongi blinked.

“Oh….Oh.” Yoongi flinched.

“You’re the best, hyung.” Jungkook chortled just as they started to dig in, M shook her head and quietly left the room. She made her way out the house and let herself to the garden.

She exhaled and wrapped her arms around her.

 

 

Mona stared at through the window as her secretary spoke across her, everything was already prepared for her taking over. Her grandmother made sure that she would have nothing to worry about, well except for running the company.

“And about the party,”

She looked up.

“There’s one? Samchon is still in the hospital.” She spoke and crossed leg over the other.

“We need it, it’s good for PR and sends a message. That you are back and your being vice president is supported by the whole company.”

She exhaled and nodded.

“It will be in three days, everything has been prepared, ma’am.”

“Okay,” She replied just as the Rolls Royce pulled in front of the hospital.

“I’ll go alone.” She replied as she straightened the hem of her Valentino shift dress, the driver went down to open the door for her.

Just as her Jimmy Choo clad foot landed on the pavement, Mona bit her lip and slid down the car.

Then with her usual calm and confident posture, she walked towards the revolving doors.

 

 

Captain.” The flight attendant smiled as the tall male stepped out of the restricted area of the plane, she offered him a newspaper.

Thank you.” He smiled politely and took the paper from her, he took off his sunglasses and started to pull his trolley with him.

He stepped out the airplane’s door and walked with his colleagues. Then his phone pinged.

He stopped walking and his lips curled into a small smile.

“You’re back, finally.” He said as he looked at the photo of Moon on the article.

 

 

Mark exited the elevator and was met by his secretary.

“Sir, the meeting with JSJ has been rescheduled.”

Mark nodded and started walking towards his office, employees greeted him with polite bows as he passed by.

“And, Samsung has invited you to their annual bid~”

“Decline.” Mark responded as they got in his office.

“And JHG sent an invitation.” The male said carefully, his boss didn’t show any sign of emotion but just nodded for him to continue. He was curious to know how he would react when he finds out about his ex-wife being back.

“It’s like..an announcement party, sir. The assistant of Chairman Jeon Sohee personally sent it.”

Mark remembered the elder lady, T’s grandmother.

She wants to see me? But why?

“It’s for their new ~”

 

 

“Put it on my schedule.” Mark replied and raised his hand, the male nodded and left.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++