018

The Heart's Best Mistake

 

 

 

 

 

2014, Los Angeles

 

 

“I am not letting you handle our schedules again. Ever.” Martina pointed out as they stepped out from the double doors.

Mark grinned and just marched to his waiting Rolls Royce.

“I didn’t know that pa wanted to see us before Taiwan.” He reasoned as he opened the door for her.

“Still, I can’t stand being jetlagged.” She mumbled before sliding in the car. M paused as she eyed the interior of the Rolls Royce Phantom Drophead.

Nice, huh?

“I didn’t know they make convertibles.” She nodded in approval as Mark drove out of their property.

“So, about Hyemin,” Martina glanced at him, she saw how his brows met.

“Mark, why not give her a chance? You two~”

“T, it’s not that easy.”

“Why? The elders already quit spying on us. Plus, no one knows their staying at out London home.”

Mark exhaled, his lips tightened. Martina leaned back, she knew that was his limit. He’s been sensitive with discussing Hyemin ever since she came to live with them. And M could not understand why Mark wouldn’t let Hyemin in again.

 

 

Is this some kind of joke? Or are you just really bored?” Martina eyed her husband as they stepped out of the lift.

I wanted to do something cliché.” Mark shrugged as they walked into the popular Rodeo Drive.

This isn’t just cliché, it’s cheesy.” She cringed as they walked past by a young Chinese couple, both dressed in designer labels.

I think it’s going to be fun.” Mark chuckled as he took her hand.

Mark, you’re literally a local here. You grew up here, why are we doing this?” She sighed as Mark looked around, in search for a particular store.

It’s going to be balmy in Taiwan.” He noted as he pulled her to cross the street.

“I know.” She replied as they entered a Chanel boutique, Mark left her and approached one of the SAs. Mona watched as he spoke, Mark was dressed simply, in his usual white button downs with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows and a pair of slim fit khaki jeans and a pair of leather slip-ons. She noticed some of the female Chinese tourists eye him appreciatively.

She shook her head before climbing up the stairs.

 

 

“You’re in Rodeo? Why?” Harin asked from the other end, the other girl was in Japan for an internship.

“Mark wanted to do some shopping..I guess?”

“Oooh! Is he going to buy you stuff and be all cliché? Nice!”

“No, I just called to ask if you wanted something. Since I’m already here.” She offered as she picked up a pair of quilted leather flats.

“Nah, I’m good. I just got the Lindy two days ago. You should get one.” Harin was chuckling.

“Not really a fan of Hermes, but I’ll call you soon.”

Just as she slipped her phone in her back pocket, Mark appeared beside her.

“Got what you needed?” She asked him, he nodded and handed the shopping bag to her.

Mona blinked at him.

“I got something for you actually. I had it on hold for a few days.” Mark shrugged and motioned for her to follow him.

 

 

Mark was busy with his phone as Mona enjoyed her ice cream, her eyes went to the shopping bag beside her. Her brows met before she stood up.

Mark stopped and looked at her.

“I’ll be back in a minute.” She said before rushing to the doors.

Mark watched as she crossed the street and disappeared by the corner. He leaned back on his seat.

Mona pushed the door open and was greeted by a male SA. He eyed her get up briefly; M was dressed in a Dolce and Gabbana shift dress, on her feet were a pair of Louboutin flats and she was wearing a pile of Cartier bangles with her Rolex.

I would like to see your men’s collection.

“Of course, this way, ma’am.”

 

 

“Really? You can’t have it shipped here?” She asked as she stepped out of store with a red shopping bag in hand. Her phone was balanced between her ear and shoulder as she crossed the street.

“We’re sorry, ma’am. But now your purchase is on its way to Taipei.”

She sighed and thanked the male before ending the call. She arrived at the ice cream parlor and paused as she found their table empty. Mark had transferred to one of the high tables; his back was facing her as she approached him.

“Hyemin,” He sighed.

Mona paused.

“It’s not….Yes, yes, I understand. But right now, I can’t….I’m with Martina.”

Martina’s brows rose. He called her Martina, not T. Her brows met.

“I know..I will call you. Okay.”

Mark dropped his phone on the table, Mona exhaled and put a smile on her face before climbing on the stool beside him.

Mark glanced up as Mona appeared beside him, he put on hand on the stool as she sat down.

“I can’t let you buy me stuff when your birthday is just around the corner.” She grinned as she pushed the red shopping bag to him.

“Now, you can’t refuse mine.” He grinned as he pushed the Chanel shopping bag to her. Her eyes narrowed at him, but she pulled it to her and took out the black box.

Mark smiled as he watched her unbox his gift. Then Mona paused, her eyes went to Mark.

Oh my god, Mark.” She muttered.

Try it on.” He urged. Marti’s eyes went to the exotic Chanel classic flap bag in semi-matte alligator skin.

Did you go through my laptop again?” She asked.

Nope, well..not this time. I heard you ranting about it to Harin and Yoongi a few weeks back.” Mark mussed her hair before taking a spoonful of his ice cream.

Thank you.” Mona squeezed his hand. He just winked at her before going back to his ice cream.

Yes, so now we have to get to the airport.” Mark picked up the shopping bags.

What? Why?” She halted and slid down from the stool.

We’re just here for the purse. We have to fly to Taiwan.

I don’t think they have a flight to Taipei~

I asked for the private jet, come.” Mark kissed the side of her head before they exited the shop.

Mark, you could have just had the bag shipped you know.” Mona blinked just as the valet brought the car.

Where’s the fun in that?” He grinned before opening the car’s door for her.

You can be so weird sometimes.

“I know.” He grinned before squeezing her waist and gesturing for her to get in the car.

Mona leaned back on her seat, Mark put their things in the trunk.

The door opened beside her and Mark was driving them out of the shopping district.

 

 

This is wrong. He’s perfect. Too perfect.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++