027

The Heart's Best Mistake

So, I have a confession to make.

Marti glanced at Mark with wide eyes; they were both in her office.

Your brother..he’s at my house.

What?” T balked.

I’ve been looking for since last night.

I just found out this morning, Joey and~

“I know, he and Joey are good friends. Please tell me he wasn’t with Somi.”

Mark winced and shook his head.

She stayed over at your place too? Now that’s rich.” She shook her head.

I take that you don’t like her.” Mark nodded.

“No. She talks too much.” She mumbled before going back to her seat, then the doors opened.

Mona looked up.

“Oppa.”

 

Seokjin halted when he noticed the other male standing by the windows.

“I came to give you this.” He walked to Marti’s table and handed her an envelope.

“They’re throwing you a welcome to the chaebol world party too? Nice.” She grinned at him, Jin just shrugged.

Mark glanced at the male briefly.

“Actually, Jimin phoned me and asked me if I could pick you up.” Jin started.

“Oh.” Marti paused and glanced at the wall clock.

I better get going. I’ll see you around, T.” Mark faced her.

“You’ll talk to him for me, right?” She asked, Mark grinned.

“Do I have a choice? Don’t worry, I’ll skip the part where you hate his girlfriend. Take care.” He mused before exiting the office, Mona exhaled and plopped back on her chair.

Jin looked at her expectantly.

“Do we have plans?” She asked, Jin smiled.

“Of course, we do.”

Marti chuckled and picked up her phone and purse.

“So, have you chosen where we’re going for the cliché vacation thing?”

Jin nodded and took her hand as they stepped out of the elevator.

“You have? Where?”

“Well, I was with the guys last night, Taehyung had this crazy idea of pinning a map on the wall.”

Mona was nodding along, she was checking her phone as they walked towards the elevator.

“So, he handed me these darts. And the first one landed on LA.” Jin finished, just as Mona halted, her eyes still glued on the screen.

“Mona?” Jin asked.

“He…what?” She looked up, Jin grew confused.

“Oppa…I’ll meet you at the lobby. I need..a minute, then she started to run towards the elevator.

 

 

“Wait!”

The rest of the employees looked up as their new boss managed to wrench herself between the steel doors.

Mark looked up.

“I’m really sorry. But can I have this elevator?” She asked, the employees immediately rushed out, Mark blinked at her as she stepped in the machine and pressed the button.

T?

I just have to know, Mark…I just found out, you rejected being president of your company.

I did.

I don’t understand, you’re the eldest male. Is this…This isn’t about the divorce right? You always..talked about wanting to help out and you were so willing to sacrifice a lot for TGC.

You’re right. But I can’t run TGC and not be in Taiwan.

“Mark…Taiwan’s your home.” She sounded confused, the elevator doors opened. Mark smiled at her.

Not anymore.

Her brows met, Mark stepped out of the machine.

And T, it’s not your fault. It’s not because I’m divorced or something, it just didn’t feel right.

 

 

 

“So you decide to crash at your ex brother-in-law’s house? Nice, Jungkook. Real nice.” The male said, Jungkook winced.

“Hyung~”

“I know she can be a little too much sometimes, but she’s your sister. How could you do this to her?” He chided again.

The two cousins were at a high-end café in Gangnam.

“She was being mean.”

“You know how stressed she is nowadays, I saw those articles about her.”

Jungkook leaned on his elbows.

“Harin noona and the guys are trying to set her up with Jin hyung, you know.”

The older male nodded and leaned back on his seat.

“So, what does the younger brother think?”

“Seokjin hyung….he..suits her well, but I think, it’s not him.”

“Jungkook, what are you saying?”

“I’m placing my bet on Mark Tuan, hyung.”

 

 

Mona watched from afar as Mark waited for his car to be brought around, she leaned against the wall and exhaled.

“What was that all about?” Jin was walking to her, she looked up.

“I had something to ask him.” She replied, Jin followed her gaze. His brows met for a second.

“So, which country?” She faced him, Jin smiled.

“LA.”

Marti balked.

“Sounds fun, huh?”

 

 

Mark glanced back, Marti was chatting with Jin. She was smiling as she nodded along to what he was saying.

He exhaled and looked away.

Maybe being her friend was a good idea, but letting her go was difficult. Clearly, T was happy with Jin. And even though it hurt Mark so much he knew he should step back.

“Sir?”

He looked up, the valet had arrived with his Aston Martin.

He stole one glance at Martina before getting inside his car.

But still, the heart wants what it wants.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

a/n:

Someone messaged me and asked me where I got inspiration for this one. It's actually from a song, a mashup actually hahahaha