002

The Heart's Best Mistake

 

“You ditched classes because of this?” Harin wanted to cry, Marti was seated across her, munching on fish and chips. The two were having lunch at the school’s cafeteria.

“Yeah, your boyfriend kept on calling me asking me pick it up for you since he cant fly in tonight. Happy birthday, my main hoe.” Martina grinned, Harin dropped the bag on the table and hugged her friend.

Harin’s boyfriend, Mona’s best friend had reserved a limited edition Balenciaga boots for her at Harrods and Mona had bought her a pair of leather cuffs to match with the shoes.

“So, do we have plans tonight?” Marti asked as they both stood up, she tossed her trash on the bin and waited for Harin to catch up.

“We should hit up that new resto by the river. We can ride a yacht and, Ooh, he’s back!” Harin halted suddenly, Mona paused and followed he gaze.

“You talking about BamBam or Yugyeom?” Martina asked as she gave a small wave at a few of her classmates as they passed by.

“Did they ever..leave?” She blinked.

“No not those dweebs, but that guy. Him.” Harin sighed like a fangirl.

“Sure, you’re telling me about a certain him while pointing towards a group of seven boys. Nice.” Martina rolled her eyes and just pulled her friend.

“No, him. Mark Tuan. He’s a junior, he’s super smart and he comes from this oligarch family in Taiwan. They own a huge company really, TGC, Tuan Group of Companies.”

“I don’t really want to hear his autobiography, but..okay…” Mona was browsing through her phone, but Harin made her stop and pushed her chin up.

“He’s a total package. He’s smart, polite and rich, M. Look.

 

 

So you lent your car to some freshman. That’s smart.” Jackson chuckled, Jinyoung shook his head at the male.

It was about to rain.

“If you met her behind the West building, it means she was going to ditch class. You helped her ditch class.” Jaebum sounded confused.

“I’m not her parent, I’m not going to stop her.” Mark stated quietly.

“Was she pretty?” Youngjae blurted, then BamBam looked up.

“Weird, you rarely notice girls, well except for her.” Jackson stated.

Mark looked away, his brows met briefly.

Then Jinyoung winced as BamBam started to slap his hand repetitively.

“She’s coming, she’s coming.” The younger male was half in panic and half giddy.

Hi, Martina.” BamBam squeaked, Jackson and Jaebum grinned.

Hey, rich boy.” She spoke and tossed a familiar looking key up in the air, Mark glanced at her and expertly caught the key.

“Thanks.” She said before leaving the group and heading towards the stairs.

“You know her?” Jinyoung paused.

You know Martina Jeon? What? Why?...How?” BamBam demanded.

 

 

 

“How’d you know Mark Tuan?” Harin asked as she glanced behind them.

“He let me borrow his car.” Martina’s shrug was so nonchalant that it made Harin hit her shoulder.

She winced and glared at her friend.

“I ditched class to get your presents remembers? Well, I didn’t know it was going to rain. I bumped into him just as I was about to make my grand escape. Then he tossed me the keys. Pretty dope, huh?” Marti looked amused as she walked to her seat, she tossed her blazer down on the chair beside her.

“Pretty dope, huh?” Harin mimicked.

“He’s..what we’d call a kingka here. Girls love him, even the English girls fall for him.”

“I totally see the charm.” She replied absentmindedly as she browsed through her textbook.

“You do?” Harin blinked; Mona never showed interest to any male. Ever.

“He owns the latest Jag F-Type.” She shrugged, Harin just sighed.

 

 

 

Mona nodded as Harin walked to her waiting car, she was standing just outside of the academy’s gates.

See you tomorrow, M!” A classmate slapped her shoulder.

You too.” She nodded at him, she leaned against the brick wall and absentmindedly toyed with the ends of her white blouse.

“Marti.”

She looked up, Yugyeom was walking towards her.

Hey.” She nodded.

“BamBam was wondering if you could~”

You made it before the last period.” A male sidestepped Yugyeom, Mona blinked and looked up.

Harin told me you’re Mark. Thank you for lending me your car.” She said, Mark’s lips quirked up.

How’d you get him to lend you his car, though?” Another male walked up to them. Mona paused.

“Hyung, this is Martina, we’re in the same class.” Yugyeom stated.

Mark.” Mark said and offered his hand to her, Marti grinned just as the Rolls Royce rolled down across them.

 

Marti.” She said and slapped her palm against his before jogging towards the car.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++