022

The Heart's Best Mistake

 

 

 

2016

 

 

“It’s been so long.” Mona grinned as Jin let go of her.

“I was surprised you decided to stay in Seoul.” Seokjin mused.

“Does it look like I have a choice? It’s been really hellish for me, oppa.” She stated with a shrug.

“Ya, you’re already complaining? It hasn’t even been a month yet, what is this, Jeon Mona?” Jin chuckled and offered his arm to her.

“What?” Martina blinked but she hooked her arm around his.

“At least let me dance with you. It’s been a while since we last saw each other.” Jin grinned before leaning down to kiss the crown of her head.

 

 

Jaebum’s eyes flitted to his friend then back to Mona and the unknown male.

“I need a name.” Jackson sighed, Youngjae looked up and nudged Jinyoung.

“I don’t know him.” Jinyoung shrugged at his friends, just then Yoongi casually slid down the seat beside Yugyeom.

“Kim Seokjin.” He stated with a smirk towards Mark’s direction.

“He’s a pilot working for Korean Air~”

“Pilot? How’d they meet?” BamBam leaned forward.

“Let me finish.” Yoongi muttered, Jackson grinned.

“He is Taehyung’s older brother, in other words, he’s also CEO of Korean Air and Jeju Air. So, yeah, I just gave you the deets about your rival, Tuan.” Yoongi mused, Mark didn’t say anything in reply, instead he just leaned back on his seat.

“See ya.”

 

 

 

“It’s different now. Some ask questions about how I came to the decision of being VP or what made me decide.”

“They don’t know about your uncle?” Jin asked, Marti shook her head.

“No, it wasn’t released. That’s why my situation is a bit..tricky. Plus half of the board thinks I’m going to fail the company just as how I failed my marriage.” She murmured with a smile.

Jin chuckled.

“Oppa, you’re not supposed to laugh.” She slapped his arm.

“It is quite funny.” Jin snorted, the two at the middle of the dance floor, chatting while swaying to the music.

“We should have barbeque night again, like the old days.” Mona started.

“Hmmm. Or we could escape this tiresome party together and grab barbeque.” Jin offered.

A small smile appeared on her face.

“I’ll get the car. You go tell the guys.” Jin gave her one of his warm reassuring smiles before letting go.

 

 

“They are quite close.” BamBam commented as he glanced at the two. Yugyeom looked up from his phone and then he grinned.

Mona had just finished speaking with her secretary and was making her way towards Harin and her friends.

“Noona!” Yugyeom chirped just as she passed by them, Jaebum blinked at his friend.

“Yugyeom!” Mona smiled and walked up to him, the younger male hugged her warmly.

“Is it even possible for you to grow taller? Daebak.” She mused, Jaebum extended his hand to her.

Martina grinned and reciprocated his weak high-five.

Hi, hunny!” Jackson chimed in and slung one arm around her neck.

“I missed you, J.” Mona chuckled, then she paused as she felt someone standing behind her.

“Miss Jeon? May I have this dance?” The male asked.

Mark looked up from his seat, Jaebum felt Youngjae elbowing him.

“Jisook, right?” Mona smiled hesitantly, she recognized the young male, he was a son of one of their directors.

“Yes.” He nodded amiably and offered his palm to her. Jackson narrowed his eyes at the male.

“I’ll talk to you guys later.” Mona squeezed Yugyeom’s hand before joining the male.

“Right!” BamBam paused.

Right, what?” Mark echoed, his friends could hear the irritation in his voice. Jackson hid his smirk.

“Actually that person who asked noona for a dance, I heard him talking with his friends earlier.”

Jinyoung and Yugyeom looked at their friend.

“So?” Jaebum blinked.

“What was his name again? Jisook?” Youngjae leaned forward.

“He was saying how noona was hot for a divorced woman and some other things I wouldn’t say in this table especially with Mark hyung being with us.” BamBam trailed off.

“I think he was the one my cousin mentioned, he’s a bit of a ert. There were a lot of complaints against him but his father just shut them up with money.” Youngjae nodded.

Jackson and Jaebum’s eyes went back to the middle of the room.

“I shouldn’t have said that.” BamBam murmured.

“What?” Jinyoung asked. BamBam nodded towards Mark’s empty seat.

“Look at that greasy ert!” Jackson reacted.

“Where is he?” Jaebum paused.

“We should stop him, knowing Mark hyung…his temper isn’t exactly pleasant.”

 

 

 

Mona winced uncomfortably; Jisook was standing too close for comfort. And his palm was way too low on her back.

“Have you adjusted back to Seoul, miss Jeon?” His voice was smooth.

“A bit, everything’s new to me.” She replied, her eyes widened when his hand traced down on her waist then lower.

“Ex~”

Before she could pull away, the male was yanked away from her and she was pushed back.

 

She realized she was facing the opposite the direction, then just as she turned a fist had connected with Jisook’s face and he ended up sliding down the floor.

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++