010

The Heart's Best Mistake

 

2016

 

 

Yoongi put his phone down and glanced at his girlfriend, she was watching Mona as gave instructions to her secretary.

“If they want to add anything or..clarifications, just send them to me. I’ll have it checked. You can go.” She dismissed the male and went back to her friends and brother.

The group was at Olive Garden’s Times Square branch.

“Quite different from London, huh?” She grinned as she plopped down beside Jungkook.

“Quite? Very different.” Harin nodded, Jungkook glanced at his sister.

“Noona, what are we going to do?”

“You don’t have to worry about it, it’s my problem. Just focus on school.” She patted his hand.

“Well, that’s something, coming from University of Westminster expert class ditcher.” Harin mused, Yoongi laughed.

“I only did it like twice or thrice.” She made a face just as the waiter came with their food.

“I don’t know what you said to halmae but,” Mona took out her phone and dropped it on the table, Harin leaned over as Yoongi opened the email.

“I’ve been moved. Officially. It’s a board decision.” She muttered darkly.

“Aren’t you happy? Leaving all the dust and soot of New York city?” Yoongi pushed her phone back.

“I like this place. It’s busy. It’s always busy, it keeps me moving.” She pointed out.

“You are so weird.” Jungkook blinked.

 

 

Mark straightened his tie as he stepped out of the elevator, his father had just decided to vacate his position.

Now, Mark was not just CEO of the company, he was also the president. He mentally sighed at his father’s hastiness. He never gave Mark a heads up or a warning about his plans, he just gave him a call stating that he wanted to rest and let his sons handle the company.

Joey hasn’t even graduated yet.

“They want to interview you, sir.” He was joined by his secretary as he arrived at the company’s lobby.

“No.” He replied as he marched towards the door, his two guards eyed each other warily.

Ever since he took over last July 2014, TGC’s hold on the Korean market was stronger than ever, even after his divorce with the Jeon heiress. The young scion has managed to control most of its major subsidiaries as well as the minor ones. And he was also known for his being reserved, cold and stubborn.

“But sir~”

“Did you have my car prepared?” He asked coolly, the secretary nodded. Mark just walked through the doors and reporters started to close in on him.

“President, we heard about your father’s retirement, is it true that it is because of his health?”

“What will happen now? With the recent move to buy out Sanking Industries~”

“All questions will be handled by the company’s PR Team. If you want to know of the previous president’s decision and his reasons, please ask him instead.” His quipped as his guards made way for him to his car. Mark, undistracted by the cameras slid in the waiting Rolls Royce and nodded for the driver to start the car.

He leaned back on the leather-upholstered seats as they left the building.

 

 

Martina was leaning against a post as she watched Jungkook and Yoongi haul out her bags from the unit.

“For someone who hasn’t been home for a long time, you don’t look excited.” Harin commented as they stepped out of the loft.

I’m not.

“M, why are you scared? You used to~”

“The old me wasn’t divorced, H.” She replied, Harin exhaled.

“You’re going home because of your family. Because your halmae needs you, we need you, Kookie needs you, nobody cares what the others think~ ”

 “Yeah, them.” Yoongi commented, Harin sent him a look.

“My point is, you should not let them bother you. Because at the end of the day, those gossipers are always lower than you. They’re nothing, M. You’re VP of the largest hotel chain in Asia now. You have bigger things to worry about.”

“Like what? If they’ll let me bring my bow and arrow collection in the plane?” She snorted.

Trust me, you’re going to a boss , hunny.

“And if someone tries to pull you down, step on them.” Yoongi nodded, Jungkook just chuckled.

“Still not sure whether good for me or not.“ Marti eyed her two friends before getting inside the elevator.

 

 

 

Mark stepped in Jaebum’s villa located at Bukcheon.

“Hyung!” Yugyeom welcomed him with a hug.

“How’ve you been doing?” Mark smiled and slapped his arm as they walked towards the living room.

“BamBam just called,” Jaebum announced as he sauntered in the living room with drinks in hand.

“He’s saying that he’d rather spend his summer break here.”

“Summer break? Isn’t he working for their company?” Jackson asked, confused.

“He claims that he should have summer breaks.” Jinyoung shrugged, Youngjae snorted. Makr just nodded and leaned back on his seat, he looked at the window quietly. Jaebum looked at Jackson, the latter just sighed and took out his phone.

“I heard about uncle’s plans. Is it true? Early retirement? How will that go for you?” Jinyoung spoke.

“I’ll have to take over. Joey will be finished soon, he can take our Korea branch.” Mark said, then Jackson suddenly bolted up on his seat.

Youngjae and Yugyeom eyed him questioningly.

“You’re leaving Korea?” Jackson echoed, his eyes still on his phone.

“That’s the plan.” Mark replied.

His eyes went to Mark and back to his phone’s screen again.

 

Martina Jeon, newly appointed Vice President of Jeon Hotels to fly back to Seoul!

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++