034

The Heart's Best Mistake

 

2013, Los Angeles

 

 

“Not exactly very comforting.” Youngjae said as he eyed the roller coaster, the boys were huddled together in benches, while Marti remained standing, enjoying her ice cream.

“I think it’s going to be fun.” She commented.

“Are you not tired, M?” Jinyoung asked. She looked around for empty seats.

“I can~”

Mark nodded at her and patted his right thigh, she grinned before walking to him and sitting down on his lap.

So, we are driving back tonight, right?

He nodded.

But we can still pass by In n Out?” She asked again.

I guess so, ma and pa wants us home for dinner.” Mark said.

But, I wanted to eat at In n Out.” She sighed.

Well, someone has to give way.” Mark chuckled.

Do you think your mom would like to eat a local fast food chain?

My mom loves you, I think she’ll let you bring take out at home.” Mark teased, Mona made a face at him before leaning on his chest.

 

 

Finally, you two!

Marti grinned and leapt down from the car, Mark watched as she walked to his mother and gave the elder a hug.

How are you, mom? I heard Taiwan was a bit harsh.” She asked.

It was too warm over there, I think we’ll be heading to San Francisco after this.” His mother complained as they walked towards the house, Mark just smiled and grabbed T’s backpack and followed them.

Hi, ma, I’m your son, remember?” Mark mused as he stepped in the living room, Mrs. Tuan looked up and glanced at her son.

Right, I almost forgot.” She rolled her eyes at him, Mona laughed.

So, do you two have any plans for the rest of your break?” Mts. Tuan asked.

T has to go back to Rhode Island for school, and I have dissertation.” Mark plopped down on the couch across the two ladies.

Ma, I have a little favor to ask.” Mona asked, the elder nodded.

I know you have big plans for dinner tonight~

Yes, yes, I’ve invited a few friends over, you two should start washing up.” She nudged her.

Mona glanced at her husband, by Mrs. Tuan’s a few friends, it usually meant around thirty to forty people.

Mark chewed on his lip, his brows rose up.

Actually, ma, T and I are~

We’ll just wash up, ma. We’ll be done later.” She nodded, Mona rose up from the couch, Mark kissed his mother’s cheek before following her up.

I thought you wanted In n Out.” Mark said as they climbed the revolving stairs.

We can grab it later.

Later?

Midnight munching.” She chuckled before going to their room, Mark chuckled and followed her, he dropped himself on the bed just as Marti started to untie the laces of her Nikes.

T, we don’t really have to be at this dinner, it’s probably just going to be with mom and dad’s old friends and~

Mark,” She faced him, her hair was already down and she was in the process of taking her jacket off.

It’s fine, really. You can take a rest from driving, and while I shower, you should nap. You look like you need it.” She sat down beside him, and brushed the hair off his forehead.

I can drive us later.” She nodded, Mark just pulled her down to kiss her nose.

T just made a face before pushing herself off him and walking to the bathroom.

 

 

Finally, the kids’ table.” Jackson grinned as he sat beside Jinyoung and Marti.

“Is the food okay?” T asked BamBam as the younger male chewed.

“It’s great, noona. Auntie knows how to choose caterers.” He replied, Jaebum nodded.

So, Martina Tuan, there’s been word about~

I’m being linked to another Exo member? Please, no.” She sighed, Mark grinned before pushing the salad away from her.

Don’t eat that.” Mark told her, she looked at him.

Cucumbers.” He stated, Martina nodded before picking up her fork.

“How’s school, M?” Jaebum asked.

“I’m..surviving, but there’s this one guys, god, I hate him.” She said as she picked on her pasta.

“Guy? Is he bothering you?” Jaebum asked, Mark looked up.

“No, I mean he knows I’m married, right? But damn he’s just so greasy, you know. He flirts with everyone and once, he even barged in my apartment, drunk.” She shuddered. Yugyeom’s brows rose and looked at his hyung.

I haven’t heard about this.” Mark said.

I was about to tell you, but I got busy.” She eyed the pieces of broccoli on her plate, she gagged and transferred them on his plate. The other guys could sense Mark’s annoyance.

Anyway, I really need soda or something, you boys want something?” She stood up, the boys just simply shook their heads.

Mona nodded and pushed her chair back.

T,” Mark failed to reach her hand, he gently grabbed on her bare thigh, she stopped and looked at him.

Let’s talk.” He nodded and stood up.

Sure.” Mona nodded and they walked back to the house.

 

 

Is something wrong?

The two were inside the kitchen, Mona was standing in front of the fridge, in search for some Pepsi.

You didn’t tell me.” Mark spoke.

About what? That classmate?

Mark nodded when he faced her, he took the can from her and opened it.

You were busy, Mark. And it was nothing, really.” She shrugged and poured its contents on the glass.

What else did he do?” Mark asked.

Well, he tried to kiss me once.2 It was..disgusting.” She shuddered, then she paused.

Okay, wrong choice of words. It was just that, really, you don’t have to worry about it, people wont talk~

I don’t care of they talk, T. The fact that his ert of some sorts just barged in your apartment and you live alone.” He pointed out, Martina paused.

It was that tone.

She chewed on her lip before lifting herself up on the counter.

I did call the cops.” She said.

Still,” Mark exhaled and faced her, he planted his palms on the sides of her hips.

You should have told me. You should be telling me these things.

Mona nodded and looked at her glass.

What’s his name?

Hahaha, no thanks, Mark. I know you.” She mused, Mark eyed her warily.

Let this slide, Tuannieboo. I’m fine.

He made a face at her before lifting her off the counter.

You and Liang ahjussi will just try to put him in a sack.” She pointed out, Mark took hold of her wrist.

I’m serious, next time if he does something funny, tell me.” He stated.

Mona nodded and kissed his cheek.

 

I will, thanks, Mark.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ =