028

The Heart's Best Mistake

 

 

“How’s the brother?”

M looked up from the leather couch, after their lunch, she had ended up at her best friend’s office.

“I found out he was staying at Mark’s. And Mark just found out too.”

“Joey?”

“They’re good friends. Oh, and Somi was there too, cool huh?” She added with a sardonic smile.

Yoongi snorted.

“I’m guessing you know.” Yoongi started.

“What?” She glanced up. Yoongi leaned back on his seat.

“About the guys trying to pair you up with Jin.”

Mona laughed.

Yoongi just stared at her.

“Oh, you’re serious.” She cleared .

“Yoongi, Jin oppa and I are just friends. I’ve known the guy since I was born.”

“But you’re different with him, M.”

“Like what?” She sat up and sighed.

“When you’re with him, you’re happier, you’re at ease and I like seeing you that way. I hope you give him another chance.” Yoongi spoke.

Mona’s brows met briefly.

“With Jin oppa, really? Are you trying to write a novel or something?” She mused.

“I don’t know, who am I talking about, M?” He grinned back at her.

 

 

Jackson and Youngjae were both laughing, Mark ignored his friends.

“They’re setting you on blind dates? Daebak.” BamBam mused.

“Shall we order before he loses it and tries to kill those two?” Jinyoung smiled.

“So, are you really going?” Jaebum leaned back on his seat.

“They originally wanted me to fly back to Taiwan and look for a wife.” Mark pointed out, his tone flat.

“But, Taiwan’s a no go now, so you have to be in Seoul and look for a wife.” Jackson mused.

Don’t start, Wang Kayee.

“Maybe it’s a good thing too, hyung. Noona’s always seen with that pilot guy.” Yugyeom pointed out.

“I know, I just saw them earlier.” Mark put the menu down and called for the waiter, his friends looked at each other.

 

 

Mona leaned on her car as she waited, she was at Sungkyunkwan in search for her brother.

Jie!

She looked up, Joey was walking towards her.

Hey Joe.

“I know you’re waiting for Jungkook.” He said while avoiding her gaze.

“I think he saw you from afar, so he passed by another gate.” He said hesitantly, Mona exhaled.

“You have a ride home?” She asked.

“No, my brother confiscated my car.”

Martina paused, she stared at Joey.

“For not telling him about Jungkook and Somi living with us.”

Marti chuckled and slapped the younger male’s shoulder.

I’ll drive you home.

 

 

So, you actually think it’s a good idea you hide here?” Martina stared at the male, Joey was chowing down his takeout dimsum.

You know my brother, jie. He’s not exactly very pleasant right now.

She grinned and slid down the kitchen countertop.

“I know. You enjoy your food~”

She looked up just as Jin strolled in her kitchen, his eyes went to the younger Tuan.

“This is Mark’s younger brother, oppa, Joey say hi.”

Joey gave him a polite smile before getting himself a glass of water.

“The guys are coming over in a few, how are things with Jungkook?” Jin kissed the side of her head before taking a seat.

“We bartered siblings.” She shrugged, Joey grinned.

“I don’t know, I tried calling Kookie, but nothing.” She shook her head.

“How about we start cooking? You can rant about Jungkook and Somi~”

“Can you not mention her name?” She muttered darkly, Jin grinned and stood up, he approached the fridge.

“You can rant later, but for now,” Jin pulled her towards him.

“We can~”

Heyyo, Joey Tuan! You are so dead!” Jackson hollered as he was guided by Marti’s maid into the kitchen.

Then he halted as he saw Jin and Marti.

Jackson, I don’t think she’s home~” Mark paused, he had his phone to his ear. Jin’s grip on Mona’s wrist tightened.

Guys?” Marti spoke, she gently pulled her hand away from Jin.

Joey was attempting to hide underneath the kitchen counter.

I got your text.” Mark said, he sounded unsure.

He’s..probably under the counter or something.” She waved her hand towards the table.

Joey~

“You see, hyung,” Joey appeared and straightened up his shirt.

Hey, M!” Jackson greeted her with a big hug and spun her around, in an attempt to get rid of the awkwardness.

So, how’s my favorite couple doing?” Harin’s voice chimed in, then she stopped on her tracks when she saw Mark and Jackson.

Which couple?” Joey challenged, Jackson sent him a look.

Mona stared at Mark briefly, her brows met, then she felt a hand on her shoulder.

“I’m going to get the pasta.” Jin poked her cheek before leaving.

Oh my god, the tension is real.” Harin whispered to Jackson.

I know.” He muttered back.

We should get going.” Mark nodded at Joey.

“No, stay.” Yoongi strolled in the kitchen with a small smirk.

Marti glared at her friend.

“Yoongi, we’re~”

“I insist, I called Jungkook, he said he’ll be coming over. And besides, why not a mini reunion, right?” Yoongi slung one arm around Jackson’s neck.

Joey grinned at his hyung.

Marti puffed her cheeks.

“Come on guys, you two decided to be friends, right? This is how friends rolls, honey.” Yoongi winked at Martina who just spun away from him and went to check the oven.

Mark crossed his arms.

This is going to be exciting.” Jackson mused before heading to the poolside with Joey.

 

“She is so going to kill you.” Harin murmured to Yoongi before joining Jackson and Joey.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++