016

The Heart's Best Mistake

2016

 

 

Martina slid down from the car and approached the house, Jungkook had called her when she got back from the hospital.

He informed her that he had already visited their uncle after his exam and that he has some friends over at home.

Her eyes went to the Jaguar F-Type parked beside Jungkook’s orange McLaren.

“Very funny.” She briefly cast a glance upwards before walking towards the front door. She could hear music blasting off the game room. She ignored the noise and headed up to her room.

She halted when she noticed someone lying on her bed.

“Min Yoongi.” She sighed.

“What happened? We tried calling you~”

“After visiting samchon, things just went..haywire.”

“Mark visited too.” He stated without opening his eyes, Mona didn’t reply, she just took off her shoes and sat down in front of her vanity.

“How’d it go?” Yoongi sat up.

“Samchon wants me to take his seat, he even got the paperwork finished. All I have to do is sign.” She said distractedly as she took off her makeup.

“I didn’t mean that.”

She paused, Yoongi saw how her brows furrowed.

“We know he followed you, Jungkook got a distress call from your security detail.”

She looked up, confused.

“What do you mean?”

“Apparently, your bodyguards tried to block Mark from entering VIP area. They kind of got a little scared of him.”

“They own the hospital.” Mona shrugged and brushed her hair.

“He’s never the type to use his power, that’s what I’m talking about.”

“Yoongi, I..I don’t even know what to think. I didn’t know he was in town.”

“He has been in town for over two years, you’re the one who hasn’t been visiting home.” He pointed out, Mona eyed him warily.

“Are you uncomfortable that he’s here?” Yoongi asked softly.

“A little.”

“Well deal with it, your uncle’s sick and your family needs you.” Yoongi said flatly.

“Thanks, so supportive.” M shook her head and stood up.

“I’m serious, M.” Yoongi looked at her.

“I don’t…want to talk about Mark, okay? He just popped out of nowhere, I didn’t know how to react. Now, I have to greet Jungkook’s friends.” She finished before grabbing a hair tie and leaving the room.

“Well…suit yourself.” Yoongi said, his thoughts going to Jungkook’s friends.

 

 

Taehyung exhaled and punched in his passcode, the door popped open and he entered his loft.

Before he could loosen his tie the strong delicious scent of food hit him. He blinked.

“Ahjumma?” He called as he padded towards the kitchen, then he halted.

There was a tall male chatting with his house helpers as he manned the stove.

“Hyung?” He balked; the male glanced and grinned at him.

“Can you finish this one for me, ahjumma?” He asked politely, the ladies nodded and took the wooden spoon from him.

The male took off the apron and unrolled the sleeves of his white button down.

“How’s the company doing?” He asked before slapping his brother’s arm, Taehyun chuckled and hugged his hyung.

“Welcome back, Kim Seokjin.” He greeted.

 

 

Mona padded down the steps with Yoongi quietly tailing behind her.

“Kookie?” She called out as she approached the double doors to the game room.

“M, before you open that~”

“Noona!” Jungkook opened the doors, M smiled before hugging her brother.

“Finally free from school? So proud of you, golden boy.” She grinned before letting go.

“So, where’s your friends~”

“Hi, noona.” A good looking male went up to her with an outstretched palm.

“This Mingyu, noona.” Jungkook nodded, M smiled and shook the male’s hand.

Hi, jie.

The voice made her stop, she saw Jungkook glanced at Yoongi.

A familiar face came to her view. Mona almost panicked, he looked so much like his brother.

J—Joey,” She blurted, the male grinned and walked up to her, he smiled before kissing her cheek and pulling away.

It’s been a long time, jie. How are you?” His accented Korean made Mingyu and Jungkook snort.

You enrolled at Sungkyunkwan too? Wow, Joe. I didn’t know.” Her eyes went to Jungkook briefly, who was already surprisingly busy counting the buttons on his shirt.

I managed to get in.” He said with a sheepish smile.

Mona chewed on her lip.

Well, whoever’s assigned up there must be playing me.

“So, that was your car outside?” Marti asked as the boys followed her to the garden to have diner.

Yeah, it is. Ma- My brother gave it to me when I arrived here.” Joey nodded before walking towards Mingyu and Jungkook.

“Wow, the car was dead giveaway.” Yoongi mused as he slung one arm around her neck.

“Shut up,” She muttered darkly.

“You got to admit though, it’s like seeing a younger version of your ex-husband. Wowza.” He laughed; Mona just hit his arm before leaving him.

 

 

Jinyoung took the seat next to his friend, Mark was leaning over the bar, his fingers circling over the mouth of his drink.

“Did you get to talk to her?” He asked just as Jackson joined them, he glanced at Mark before calling for the bartender.

“I did.” Mark replied quietly.

“Hyung~”

“I just didn’t know it would be this soon. Her being back in Seoul…I wasn’t expecting it. I don’t know what to do, Jinyoung-ah.” Mark said directly, Jackson paused.

Jinyoung stared at his friend, they both never saw Mark so unsure of himself.

Mark let go of his drink and pushed the glass away from him.

“Do..you..all this time, hyung..is it still her?” Jackson asked carefully. Mark didn’t reply, instead his left hand reached for the collar of his shirt then he managed to pull the thin gold chain hanging around his neck.

The two males grew confused; it was their first time seeing the necklace.

Then their eyes landed on the two rings that hung on the chain.

 

Their wedding bands.

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


A/N: Hey, I wont be able to update for the next two weeks or so. I'm off on a short trip. I hope to see all of your reactions/comments when I get back. Enjoy!